Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I started this game again recently after not playing since near launch and have had a pretty easy time until around level 27. While Tatooine doesn't feel as bad as people say it is, my main issue is that the amount of credits I need to keep my stuff up to date is generally more than I can make. Skills cost a pretty big amount of credits, let alone keeping up with Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting. It's hard enough keeping myself up to date with gear, let alone my companions.

Should I be keeping my gear up to date through flashpoints? I haven't done any since Black Talon. I don't know if I'm confident that I'm good enough at Sith Marauder to really succeed in them. So many buttons, not sure which ones to mash.

Also is it worth the hassle of getting the holocrons? I got the ones on Korriban, Hutta and Dromund Kaas, but fell off doing those at Balmorra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Glad I took the advice earlier. I dropped those professions I had for Slicing and Underworld Trading, and now I have plenty of cash to spend. Wish my flashpoint groups would have been better. Mandalorian Raiders and Cadeimmu went fine, but I didn't successfully complete Boarding Party or The Foundry. I think I'll stop queueing for regular FPs and do the Kuat Drive Yards daily instead.

Also gently caress Taris, holy poo poo that planet was awful. The storylines there were fine, but everything else about the planet sucked. I heard bad things about Hoth, but it hasn't been so bad so far, except for that spiral crevasse and the fact that the environment is hard to look at because it's so bright.

I've been having survivability issues with my Marauder lately, most notably on Taris, but for some reason it wasn't the case on Quesh or Hoth. Even with Cloak of Pain up constantly, I feel very squishy without having Malavai Quinn back my character up. I'd prefer to use Vette or Jaesa to make fights go shorter though.

I'll probably get this Marauder to 55, finish the companion stuff for my legacy, and then switch to Trooper, since I don't have much interest in the endgame. Still having fun though.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Is there any new class story stuff with Shadows of Revan, or can I shelve my Marauder and Scoundrel until I'm done playing through class stories until I'm ready to decide which one to choose for 51-60 content?

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Thanks. I think I'll wait to do those, if it's only one quest.

I'm rather iffy doing anything endgamey at the moment because I've been having massive lag/ability delay issues, so anything that involves grouping I'm shying away from, since it makes even doing solo stuff even hard enough. It made the Esh'ka bonus quest genocide on Belsavis rather grueling with my Scoundrel.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Chickenwalker posted:

I hate Quinn and to a lesser extent LS Jaesa but in the early goings as a tank Jugg on Kaas I was extremely squishy when trying to solo Heroic 2s. I've now learned that these are basically impossible to solo unless you're significantly higher level than the mobs anyway, but that frustration with getting killed really quickly with Vette still sticks with me. Should I give her another shot since I actually have the skills to tank now?

I used Vette and Jaesa quite a lot while leveling a marauder. I'm not so sure about juggernaut, but they seemed to contribute a lot of damage, making them feel more efficient for cutting through scores of enemies. I wouldn't use them for soloing Heroic stuff though. Quinn's pretty much necessary there.

I'm doing a Powertech as my next playthrough, and I am really going to miss having my Scoundrel's stealth capabilities. Some of these planets (Taris) are really enemy dense.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

I really enjoyed the Smuggler's story all the way until the end, which was a bit of an anticlimax. Compared to the Sith Warrior's end, I was like, wait, that's it? I did appreciate though, that it gave you some substantial choice about your future plans.

Enjoying Bounty Hunter right now. Pyrotech is kinda fun. The story's also pretty cool for now.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Rincewind posted:

I've loved what I've seen of the smuggler so far, but I keep on hearing acts 2 and 3 are bad. :smith:

EDIT: I've also heard that Corso is bad but actually he's really great, so maybe I shouldn't take internet opinion's word for this.

I quite liked Act 2 and a good majority of Act 3. I just found that the end is a bit anticlimactic.

Corso's not completely awful, but yeah, he's somewhat grating if you play a female smuggler and are not interested in him. Or if you have any Dark Side ambitions whatsoever.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Rosalind posted:

I'm disappointed Grey DeLisle didn't do her Azula/Diablo wizard voice for the female Bounty Hunter. Sounds like it might have made the story more enjoyable.

Considering all the fire I find myself throwing around as a Pyrotech, it's a real drat shame. I love the AoE damage this character dishes out though, in stark contrast to my Scoundrel.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

I've recently tried out Shield Tech for levelling my Powertech and have been completely impressed. For sacrificing only a little bit of my killing speed, I'm able to plow through enemies with little downtime (if I use Mako) or without sacrificing the speed (DPS companions). Though I had a lot of fun as Pyrotech and Advanced Prototype.

Are Guardian and Shadow tank specs similar? If so, I might have to give them a try when I get around to playing Knight and Consular.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Bounty Hunter story spoilers

This story really took a nosedive. Chapter 3 doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me. Why is the Empire denouncing me after a Republic Chancellor spoke out against me? Jun Seros is also probably the worst jedi ever, and is even more petty than some sith lords. Why is Skadge on my Light Side Bounty Hunter's ship? Chapter 2 also felt almost nonexistant. Most of it was spent gaining Torian and Blizz, with literally one quest on Quesh that helped set up Chapter 3...but it was right before Hoth.

I don't know. Bounty Hunter really feels tacked on, and even moreso, it feels forced to fit in with the Empire. Hopefully the end of Chapter 3 is worth it, then I'm going to start on my Jedi Consular.

At least Powertech is a fun class.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

I rather liked Hoth and Quesh. I kind of like Balmorra. I absolutely despise Taris on both factions.

I suppose I do dislike the part of Hoth with the massive crevasse with like, one entrance, and you always seem to have to go down there. And the bonus quest to disable three things in the last area when there's only two clickies for it (making you wait for a respawn, unless I somehow missed one).

I generally don't get the hate for Alderaan, aside from Killiks, which are extremely gross. I never feel like I'm spending that much time there, and the class quests are usually a delight there. The longest planets usually for me are Tatooine, Taris, Belsavis and Voss. Maybe Hoth generally doesn't feel long for me because loving Belsavis is the next one after it, with the endless tomb area that drags on and on, with the constant killing of Esh'ka.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

I hit Level 50 on my BH last night and used my comms to purchase a bunch of 140 stuff for my gear. I think I'm just going to plow through the planet and class quests for Corellia and just skip the side missions, even though I like Corellia. I still need to get Skadge's affection up though for legacy purposes, so I have my other companions constantly out doing Underworld Trading.

Something tells me I should just blow my credits on the GTN buying gifts instead.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Is it just me or are most moral choices from sidequests basically:

Recieve mission to blow up some generator that's powering shields or turrets or something. When you get to the generator, some dude approaches you and whines that if you blow up the generator, it's literally going to blow up the invisible refugee orphanage that you can't actually visit that it's also powering or some poo poo. +50 dark side points if you decide to go through with the mission, +50 light side points if you just walk away.

It's kind of infuriating. Or it's even worse like the one on Hutta where if you help the starving couple, you get darkside points.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

I used Tendon Blast with the talent that gives Upper Hand for using it when I needed filler on my Scoundrel, mostly because I didn't know about dulfy, and I like more sucker punches.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

After hearing that it was the worst from a lot of people, I find myself enjoying the hell out of Jedi Consular's story way more than Bounty Hunter. Chapter 1 wasn't so bad aside from some low spots (Tatooine), and Chapter 2 is great so far.

It's certainly different, but I don't feel like it was as phoned in as some people say it was.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Chickenwalker posted:

Yeah the pubbies in this game are assholes, especially considering the appeal of this game is supposed to be the story. They get unholy pissed if you don't hit spacebar. Part of that though I think is that everyone still playing is badly addicted and leveling their 100th character so they've run the same flashpoint 8 million times. I can understand it on KDY, but the other flashpoints not so much.

Unfortunately this is why I don't do flashpoints.

Somewhat related:

Just how inactive is the goon guild? I might join on my lowbie Sniper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Jedi Consular isn't very flexible, but I consider it pretty well written. It's exactly what I wanted in a Jedi story.

I don't really care much for Bounty Hunter at all.

• Locked thread