Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Not to mention it was in fact a lovely point Adam was making. How many times has he and Dr Drew complained about people not trusting their doctors because of what they read on the internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bryan does poo poo on a lot of stuff though. Adam will make a funny generalization and Bryan will always chime in with that one anecdote to disprove it. It's not that Bryan is wrong, it's that the show is about comedy. And making sweeping generalizations is part of that. So when Adam starts a rant on say beaches banning dogs, it hampers the comedy when Bryan jumps in to say that a local beach he goes to allows them. It's just a smug passive-aggressive thing to do and I don't know how Adam keeps his cool around it.

Adam's 3rd book has been announced. Sounds like it'll be political in nature which is not a good thing.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/adam-carolla-writing-book-president-20030987

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Niwrad posted:

Adam's 3rd book has been announced. Sounds like it'll be political in nature which is not a good thing.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/adam-carolla-writing-book-president-20030987

Making 2 movies, writing a book, makes a 90 minute podcast everyday on top of like 3 others, AND he's constantly touring. How the gently caress does he handle all this it's crazy.

Also Hardwick said he employees around 25 people, how many the gently caress does Adam employ?

Veskit fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 23, 2013

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

That picture from the first post shows 9 people who work directly for him, those are all of the regular podcast staff I believe. A lot of them work on the other podcasts as well. Then there are all the ancillary people, a couple who get mentioned on occasion (Gary "Half-Tard" and Adam's personal assistant Matt) but I'd imagine there are at least several others that work at the garage and on the cars and all that who we never hear about. So I'd be thinking he's gotta have around 15-20 himself.

Niwrad posted:

Bryan does poo poo on a lot of stuff though. Adam will make a funny generalization and Bryan will always chime in with that one anecdote to disprove it. It's not that Bryan is wrong, it's that the show is about comedy. And making sweeping generalizations is part of that. So when Adam starts a rant on say beaches banning dogs, it hampers the comedy when Bryan jumps in to say that a local beach he goes to allows them. It's just a smug passive-aggressive thing to do and I don't know how Adam keeps his cool around it.
Adam really likes Bryan, you can tell. He has a big old soft spot somewhere on his bitter shell of a body for him especially. Yeah Bryan can be very smug and dismissive of stuff, and it was this and the tone he used that got Adam pissed at him the other day. And hey I actually really like Bryan, I'm just sayin.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Speaking of Bryan, he pissed Adam off just a little on today's show and got burned pretty hard, not just by Adam but also by a caller. "How's it worked out for you? How much money do I pay you?" :iceburn:

Also Bryan was an English major in school... why does that not surprise me at all.

It's about 37 minutes in.

I listened to this episode last night. Bryan completely deserved that. I'm not sure if Adam and Bryan had an argument before the show or what, but Bryan was being a total douche that entire episode. It started with the BTO stuff when Gary didn't put up the picture Adam wanted. Bryan chimes in with something like "Yeah Gary, scour the Internet to find the one picture that will prove Adam's point for him."

Then when David Wild said something like "I hate to agree with Adam" and Bryan chimes in with "No you don't".

Adam could have really burned Bryan if he wanted to. The whole reason Bryan has a book deal is because he works for Adam. Has nothing to do with his English degree.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
I never thought I would intentionally not listen to a DAG episode but as soon as I saw "Teddy Pendergrass makes an appearance" I was totally out.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Ez posted:

I never thought I would intentionally not listen to a DAG episode but as soon as I saw "Teddy Pendergrass makes an appearance" I was totally out.

Single-handedly killed DAG episodes. It was funny the first time, now it's just cringeworthy.

Also I think Bryan deserved it as well. For a guy who relies heavily on Adam he sure is biting the hand that feeds him. It's odd, like something happened recently or over time that gave his unfunny rear end an ego.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Ez posted:

It actually was pretty good this time. Probably because DAG told a story of a woman spraying breast milk on a guy's balls during the climax of a blowjob so all the Teddy songs included him singing about titty milk.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I really would have liked to see them derail it into "Terry Pendergrass: Wedding Singer"

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Adam's response to the caller today that told him him and his wife were going to Detroit for their wedding (Why? Was Beirut already booked) was the first thing he's said in a long time that made me literally laugh out loud. I live incredibly close to Detroit and it is indeed a smouldering shithole.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ez posted:

Adam's response to the caller today that told him him and his wife were going to Detroit for their wedding (Why? Was Beirut already booked) was the first thing he's said in a long time that made me literally laugh out loud. I live incredibly close to Detroit and it is indeed a smouldering shithole.

My mind was reeling as to where you would go to get married in Detroit. The MGM maybe?

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Maybe the Rattlesnake Club or the D. I. A. . I need to thank Adam for something, because of Steve Austin's appearances I have discovered his fantastic podcast. It's so funny especially when he interviews himself and has a full on interview with a fly and a cage match with the same fly. The are a few really good in depth wrestler interviews too. The three parter with Kevin Nash is excellent. Brett Hart was pretty good too. I'm really shocked that Austin was on Carolla's radar.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

Maybe the Rattlesnake Club or the D. I. A. . I need to thank Adam for something, because of Steve Austin's appearances I have discovered his fantastic podcast. It's so funny especially when he interviews himself and has a full on interview with a fly and a cage match with the same fly. The are a few really good in depth wrestler interviews too. The three parter with Kevin Nash is excellent. Brett Hart was pretty good too. I'm really shocked that Austin was on Carolla's radar.

Thanks for the heads up I will try this, sounds bizarre and awesome. He was great on Carollas podcast.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

A deceased inventor.....

Wooowww, that really was better than a traveling knife salesman.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Jesus Christ today's Totally Topical Tivo Trivia was like loving magical.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Evil Vin posted:

Jesus Christ today's Totally Topical Tivo Trivia was like loving magical.

The fact that Bryan thinks Dark Crystal sucks just proves that he's a loving moron who has 0 taste in movies.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Ez posted:

The fact that Bryan thinks Dark Crystal sucks just proves that he's a loving moron who has 0 taste in movies.

God drat. This is a new low for him.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Boinks posted:

God drat. This is a new low for him.

He thinks the movie is about "muppets that look like penises looking for a crystal".

Apparently this is what Bryan's penis looks like:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I never noticed how bad his movie stuff was until you guys started pointing it out. He seems to love crap and hates the classics. The tumor must be getting the better of him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ez posted:

I would have smashed my phone to bits in the car if I heard it. Going to avoid that portion of the show.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Adam should just stop trying to shoehorn movie segments into the show. It sucks with Bryan and it sucks with the incredibly boring Rotten Tomatoes guy.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Yall are crazy. TTTTT today is one of my favorite segments, and you guys are nostalgaing way too hard over that movie. I fell asleep during it and never went back again because it really is overrated.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I never liked it because the main characters looked "weird". They have they fall into the uncanny valley of facial features.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

It was the early 80s, all fantasy looked like that.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
We've crafted a society where we make puppets look like dicks.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've been listening to this podcast for about 6 months or so and I've noticed the phrase "does/doing the math on that" working its way into my conversations recently and I'm okay with it :unsmith:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
After listening to the Jim Norton and Chris Hardwick episodes, I don't remember seeing if they were repeats or not - but they most certainly felt like it.

Does the show recycle itself that much? :(

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
The most recent Chris Hardwick episode was not a repeat, and actually I think the show is starting to improve a little. I think Adam is starting to listen to everyone; trying EMDR, talking about working on his anger, being a little less harsh with Ray on Ace on the House... and I feel like if he gets that under control, his comedy is going to be a lot less bitter and repetitive.

It's better than no progress, at least. Sure, he maybe only did the one-on-one episodes because of the circumstances surrounding his crowdsourcing campaign, but hey -- we actually got some one-on-one episodes!

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Am I a bad person for wanting Bryan's book to completely fail?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Ez posted:

*plays the ding drop Bryan always plays*

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Ez posted:

Nawwwww.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Ez posted:

How can it possibly fail with that English degree backing it?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Who the gently caress is going to buy Bald Bryan's book? Besides like Giovanni or something, I don't understand who would be into the show enough or have enough time to read his book. I like the guy but I'm just sayin.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

There are probably a few diehards who will purchase it just because they purchase everything associated with the show. And I'm sure he'll be hawking it at live shows. But I can't imagine it would be many, maybe a couple hundred. I guess it'll be up to how hard it's promoted on the podcast. If Adam plugs it a bunch and tells everyone to buy it, it might do OK. But not sure he's going to promote something that hard that he's not getting some kickback from.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Strangely enough, if his book is cancer-centric enough, it might be one of those oddball situations where coping groups/physicians/etc. recommend the book to cancer patients. Some books on cancer and other diseases end up being a hallmark gift/resource for various treatment facilities, charities, and so on - and that can be good money for Bryan.

Does anybody really care what Heather Mills McCartney has to say, about anything? I wouldn't think so, but her book is everywhere, and is offered in stacks in non-profits.

I should know, I have her book on my desk as space filler, and I've never opened it. My company has stacks of the things.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Guys I can't believe you totally forgot the option that it could be a good book. Good enough to work on its own merits and then people will buy it because it's good. I mean, it's BALD BRYAN'S book. It'll be at least as funny as Adam's and far more clever than his for sure.

Plus I wonder when Alison sees the dollars roll in how long it'll take her to finish her book. Also was Strausers book any good? Amazon seemed to like it.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Veskit posted:

Also was Strausers book any good? Amazon seemed to like it.

I think her quote was "The critics say you can't put it down; the sales say you can't pick it up."

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

visuvius posted:

Who the gently caress is going to buy Bald Bryan's book? Besides like Giovanni or something, I don't understand who would be into the show enough or have enough time to read his book. I like the guy but I'm just sayin.

Literally his only accomplishments in life are meeting Adam and getting a tumor. Just the fact that he's writing a book about his life like he thinks anyone gives a poo poo makes him 10 times more narcissistic than Adam is.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I hope it out sells even extremely optimistic numbers just so all of your heads explode with rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Veskit posted:

Plus I wonder when Alison sees the dollars roll in how long it'll take her to finish her book. Also was Strausers book any good? Amazon seemed to like it.

Alison is an experienced writer and has written for a bunch of major publications. While her comedy doesn't mesh well with Adam, I think she's a generally funny person. Depending on what it's about, her book might be funny. She's got some good stories from her career that she never gets a chance to tell on the show.