Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Every time I see a picture of Dawson I can only think "No loving way"

They all look like that in Dudeseldorf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I think today was the first time I've ever sided with Adam over Lynette. When he was telling the story about him not being able to go to Sunny's play because he was overworked and tired. We know Adam goes to a lot of school events and whether he likes it or not attends a ton of functions for his kids, and he does do a lot of things to make a lot of money. I think he deserves a pass to miss one play since Lynette presumably would still be there in the audience. My parents almost never went to my school functions, and the same went for a lot of people I grew up with and I don't think it really makes a ton of difference.

Now I assume the conversation didn't go exactly the way Adam described it but I don't think he should be demonized for wanting to skip one school event to rest after driving around California making the big bucks all week.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Hes also not counting a bunch of the perks he gets from owning that business though. He always talks about leasing cars for his dad/Lynnette which I imagine he does through his company for a tax break and things of that nature. But yeah, its not insane to think that he pays a shitload in taxes, maybe close to 50%.

Well I still can't stand him going on rants about taxes for the millionth time but I can't blame him for being pissed if he actually has to pay 50%, drat.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

If you haven't yet check out the one with Dana Gould and Greg Fitzsimmons, those two were both great and it was hilarious to hear Dana Gould crack Fitzsimmons' poo poo up. It's an awesome thing when comedians can make each other convulse with laughter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_id3GPmr0c

There was a good run of guests this week. I got really excited when I saw Tracy Morgan's name, but it turns out it was just a call in. I really hope they get that guy in the studio sometime.

I had never heard any interviews or anything with Tracey Morgan before so it was nice to get confirmation that yes, he is just as crazy as he seems.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Dr Life was a terrible guest. Boring as gently caress blowhard.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Boinks posted:

Andrew Dice Clay makes Adam look like an SJW. Holy crap.

I thought he was pretty funny, his persona is just so over the top I couldn't help but laugh.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Bryan is so desperate to be known as "the movie guy" but it's painfully obvious that he has no taste in movies and knows loving nothing. In the span of one episode he says he liked Fast 6 and tries to talk about Dazed and Confused admitting that he didn't know what came first, Dazed and Confused or That 70s Show, and he wasn't sure if Ben Affleck was famous at that time or not (everybody knows this was essentially his first role).

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Besides people that get paid by Adam there's no one on this earth that enjoys any of the musical jingles that introduce segments right???

I think there was one I liked that they don't play anymore but I can't remember which it was. Maybe Dr Spaz, but even that ones not great. Allison's is played out, Baldywood is absolutely terrible, Dawson's game intros are lame.

Dave Dameshek's #1 Sports is good, if you would count that.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That goes back to Loveline, he called callers that on the regular...I found it irritating then, so I can imagine why this would grate.

I never minded when he said it on loveline because it was always to dumb teenage girls. When he does it to Allison it's condescending as hell and she's so much smarter and more talented than he is so it really bugs me.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I love Damashek. He does pander to Adam but I think he's just being a good guest. Him singing Creep of the Week always cracks me up.

Boinks posted:

On the other hand, I cant stand DAG anymore.
I wouldn't mind DAG if Adam didn't force him to do that stupid Teddy Pendergrass impression every single time he's on.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Just watched the Jo Koy episode on YouTube. I've never seen his video podcast before but my favorite part is the visual of Adam, Alison, and the guest sitting together with Bryan off to the side at the little kids table, literally looking up at the people with the real talent the entire time. Then he occasionally plays a drop, smiles and waits for laughter that never comes.

Also, Alison is 38 years old?! Christ, I wouldn't have put her a day past 27.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

dayman posted:

Finally watched the new Jo Koy episode and it was gold. If you've been abstaining from the podcast for a while this ep is a great one for jumping back in. No tired rants and Jo was on fire or figh-ler.

It was really funny, my only complaint is that Adam stretched those skits WAY too far. Each one went on for like 5 minutes and it got annoying.

Ez fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 7, 2013

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Adam's iPhone dropping theory is so unbelievably retarded it hurts my brain listening to it every few months. Bryan is also an idiot for not being able to defend his really easily defended point. Just mention that when you drop your iPhone, 90% of the time the screen just cracks and you can replace it for $20 at just about any cell phone store.

Ice-T and Coco seem like a really nice, fun couple :)

Ez fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 13, 2013

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Holy poo poo Bryan, stop butting into every conversation to needlessly bring up a movie. You're not "the movie guy", you're a loving moron and you're not funny. Jesus Christ does this bother anyone else as much as it does me? He does it at least twice an episode. Adam is trying to be funny and Bryan has to butt in and "The French are nuts too, have you seen Irreversible?". Nobody laughs, nobody agrees with him, awkwardly move on. His reference doesn't even make sense and only goes to show that he really doesn't get movies since Irreversible isn't a "nuts" movie and doesn't portray the french specifically as being weird or depraved. He doesn't even understand its meaning, but he has to bring it up for some kind of foreign movie geek cred. Also stop with the "boom" during the news theme, nobody laughs at it, it's old, shut up. If Bryan left the show it would install become 100 times better, he's the only thing keeping me from fully enjoying the show.

Ez fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 17, 2013

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Boinks posted:

I'm listening to the Larry Miller episode now and the Hypothetical Road Trip Game is so heartwarming :)

That was such a good episode it was great to hear Larry laugh again.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Red posted:

If Adam canceled her show, he'd be sleeping in a separate bedroom.

Judging from his conversation with Mark Garigos last week he might like that.

Speaking of Garigos, I'm glad he's a regular now, he's a really smart and funny guy, but oh my god Dawson's "intro" is loving terrible. They must have spent a total of 2 minutes on that one. It makes "Baldywood" sound like Sinatra.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I can't believe how much better the show was without Bryan today. It was so refreshing to not hear lovely drops constantly and him chiming in every 5 seconds with an unfunny joke, stifling his own laughter as he says it. It was a brave sacrifice his father-in-law made so we can have a break from him.

Posehn didn't seem like he was too interested in being there, he didn't participate much. He's so funny, it's a shame.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

The two episodes of Loveline he did with Patton Oswalt were the 2 funniest episodes in the show's history IMO

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I have no interest in this thing, I'm sure it'll just be another story modelled after his life where he tells the same jokes we hear on the podcast every day. I liked The Hammer but that was made back when he put a little effort into his comedy and even it had a lot of recycled Loveline material in it. He mentioned before he wanted to do a documentary on Paul Newman's racing career, now that's something I'd like to see.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I sure wish somebody that Bryan respected sat him down and just told him

"Bro, you're really not that funny, the only reason you're getting to press buttons and giggle to yourself, make your lovely jokes, and write this boring rear end book of your life is because you got cancer while knowing Carolla. I hope you work on your lovely taste in movies, because from now on the Film Vault is going to be your sole source of income. See ya!"

The thing that bugs me the most is whenever he chimes in to add his own unfunny addendum to Adam's joke he says it while simultaneously holding back laughter at his own stupid joke. Does anyone else notice this? He's constantly cracking his own bald rear end up with his own jokes while he's saying them and then usually Adam just has to go "heh, yeah" and then continue on being funny. Also when him and Adam do reenactments he is always, always annoying and brutally unfunny.

The sad thing is there's no way he's going away. Adam keeps him on because he feels responsible for him in a sick way and there's really no way for fans to give feedback as to how bad he is. I can't stop downloading because I enjoy almost every other aspect of the show and you can't go on twitter or Facebook and give constructive criticism because you're just branded a "hater" and ignored. As it is I skip over Baldywood every time and I skip over the intro because I can't stand him telling me that @billsfan69 requested to hear "let's drink some beers and rape" for his dumbass top drop thing. If you could download a Bryanless version of the show I would do it. Hell I would pay for it.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Tweak posted:

I for one have enjoyed Bald Bryan since the radio days. I've never understood the vitriol he (or Theresa) receives by people on message boards, here or the carolla ones. Bald Bryan so rarily speaks compared to Alison and obviously Adam that I just imagine some people waiting to be very angry that 30 seconds of an hour and a half podcast was "ruined" by him opening his mouth, funny or not.

Do you still listen to the show? He chimes in constantly when Adam is trying to talk. I don't think I'm exaggerating saying that he probably butts in every 10-20 seconds. Alison may talk a lot too but she is usually actually adding to the conversation, steering it in another direction or making a funny remark. I guess Adam's "yes and" speeches have really sunk into Bryan's head but what he should have learned was "yes and, but not all the time and only if its funny".

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

ChaosMonkey posted:

There was one thing in the aftermath of the Joe Paterno thing that absolutely slayed me. I think it was Adam imagining his dad as a sexually abusive football coach and talking to clips of his dad about it.

"That was Pop Warner."

Adam talking to his parents via their drops gets me every time.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I was so excited for a Jay Mohr episode yesterday but man was it ever unfunny. He only had like 15 minutes of time to talk since Baldywood pointlessly took up like 10 minutes and Adam's (actually really funny) flat tire story took like 40 minutes and he wasted it doing that stupid "big mama" bit that wasn't funny and went way too long. I really wish Adam would cut out Baldywood completely, make the news a bit longer and not waste time by going off on tangents for 10 minutes, give the guest a good, solid 20 (or more depending on who) and do more bits like Tales From the Cheap and Who The F Sells This S. When Adam takes one news story and uses it as an excuse to talk about passion fruit iced tea again it feels like a massive waste of time and it takes away from great guests sometimes. Although, I'm glad he had those two lawyers on last week and let them talk for a while. I thought all the patent troll stuff was really interesting.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I think we all still enjoy the show, why else would we listen? But that doesn't mean there isn't a ton of things wrong with it.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Veskit posted:

I think I get Adam's retarded point? Someone run this by me. Basically racism is a constant that can't be fixed, so we should all just accept that and bootstrap your way to success?

No you've got it all wrong. We just need to start a dialogue.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I wish they would stop doing "What can't Adam complain about", they don't even do it right anymore. Whenever Adam gets a suggestion for something to complain about he will either complain about not having that thing (like central air today) which is the exact opposite of complaining about it, or just use it as an excuse to complain about something else. Like if the topic is club sandwiches he will rehash his "leaving the lid off the mayo" rant. When they did it on his radio show it was much much better.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Veskit posted:

I also gotta say I appreciate Artie changing with the times and GREATLY reducing his homophobia to a mere fear of butt sex and personal taste. Good for him he grew up a little.

It's probably from spending so much time with George Takei

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Yet another awesome edition of What Can't Adam Complain About today.Adam's complaint about day drinking: tells a completely unrelated story and never coming up with a complaint.
Adam's complaint about brisket: Never got to eat enough of it (the exact opposite of a complaint). Dave Atell was pretty funny but the episode was loving terrible. The "boom" sound effect is getting to be unbearable.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

He probably got another hernia from picking up too many nickels

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Niwrad posted:

I'm not a fan of the crowdfunding for this, but his page is genuinely hilarious. Videos are good and same goes for all the updates.

I'm fine with it. I know people like to say that he's rich and he should pay for it himself but almost nobody funds their own movies with their own money unless they're just starting out and they absolutely need to. He's asking his fans for support based on their love of his free podcast and their trust that he will make a good movie (which thanks to crowd funding he will have complete control of) and offering some really good rewards for doing so. I think this is one of the better crowd sourced projects I've seen.

Personally I don't think the movie will be that good. It will likely be another retelling of a part of his life with a bunch of stories and jokes we've already heard. I liked the Hammer but even that was a lot of Loveline jokes and anecdotes rehashed, and that was back when Adam still tried to be funny.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Veskit posted:

Save the hosed out PF changs restaurant host bit, todays episode was totally awesome and worth a listen to.

Holy poo poo they did that bit AGAIN? Leave it to Adam to find funny, creative people and force them to do the same unfunny poo poo over and over.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Bryan is still horrible and actually managed to talk more than Jo Koy during his appearance. When did he officially become a co-host?

I haven't listened to the show in a couple weeks because he's starting to get on my nerves again. I found an archive of Adam's radio show and I've been listening to that and it's amazing how much more operable Bryan is on that show. He doesn't say much and when he does is usually funny and he doesn't try to steer jokes away from Adam, it's amazing. Also, it may seem petty but the fact that he's coming out with a book really pisses me off. His only accomplishments are meeting Adam and kissing his rear end for 10 years and getting a brain tumor. If he didn't meet Adam we wouldn't even know he existed and if he didn't have a brain tumor he would have nothing to write about and nobody would care about him. How the gently caress is he going to fill a whole book? I know "we've crafted a society" where people like Snooki can "write" a book but I still feel like he doesn't deserve one.

Ez fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 9, 2013

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Speaking of Bryan, he pissed Adam off just a little on today's show and got burned pretty hard, not just by Adam but also by a caller. "How's it worked out for you? How much money do I pay you?" :iceburn:

Also Bryan was an English major in school... why does that not surprise me at all.

It's about 37 minutes in.

Yeah that was pretty great. I like how Adam pointed out the obnoxious way he laughs at his own unfunny jokes while he's telling them.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

I never thought I would intentionally not listen to a DAG episode but as soon as I saw "Teddy Pendergrass makes an appearance" I was totally out.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Adam's response to the caller today that told him him and his wife were going to Detroit for their wedding (Why? Was Beirut already booked) was the first thing he's said in a long time that made me literally laugh out loud. I live incredibly close to Detroit and it is indeed a smouldering shithole.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Evil Vin posted:

Jesus Christ today's Totally Topical Tivo Trivia was like loving magical.

The fact that Bryan thinks Dark Crystal sucks just proves that he's a loving moron who has 0 taste in movies.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Boinks posted:

God drat. This is a new low for him.

He thinks the movie is about "muppets that look like penises looking for a crystal".

Apparently this is what Bryan's penis looks like:

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Am I a bad person for wanting Bryan's book to completely fail?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

visuvius posted:

Who the gently caress is going to buy Bald Bryan's book? Besides like Giovanni or something, I don't understand who would be into the show enough or have enough time to read his book. I like the guy but I'm just sayin.

Literally his only accomplishments in life are meeting Adam and getting a tumor. Just the fact that he's writing a book about his life like he thinks anyone gives a poo poo makes him 10 times more narcissistic than Adam is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

The Experiment posted:

What's the deal with the sniffing thing that Adam always does?

It's meant to imitate the way blowhardy guys will give a little smug sniff when they think they've said something profound or insightful. I don't know if it's a real thing or something Adam made up but basically it's a joke that he made a year ago and repeats every single day because repetition is the key to comedy.

By the way, did you hear Oprah made the cover of her magazine again? Hahaha boy I never get tired of that one!