Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Nice OP! I was a little disappointed with the Dana Gould episode the other day because we didn't get to hear Crappin' Batman. Also there were some weird silences when Dana would say something that's way far out of Adam's worldview politically, and Adam respected him enough/thought he would get shot down by an intelligent guy and didn't fire into a rant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
In some sense I can sympathize for Adam, because he basically has an army of people and their families(not to mention his own) depending on him to make this sort of untested idea really work and pull a steady paycheck. I know he's been in leadership positions before, but I think he's always had a paycheck coming from somewhere to fall back on if his crew of doofy friends hosed something up. It doesn't totally excuse the way he treats his close friends, on air no less, but I understand why he's so stressed out.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
If Donny had moved that goddamn motorbike we wouldn't be in this mess.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I did listen to that. I could swear, hearing Lynette talk about Adam was like hearing my mom talk about my dad. It was eerie.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Two no-guest episodes in a week. Is Ace finally figuring out what works, or has the guest well finally stopped sputtering out its dregs and dried up?

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Does anyone know what this secret "health issue" of Drew's was? He keeps saying he's waiting for the right time to discuss it and he wants to use it as a teaching moment. I'm going crazy here!

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
We've crafted a society where we make puppets look like dicks.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Ez posted:

2. Out of all of the jokes Adam repeats constantly the "Oprah on the cover of her magazine" one is now the one that annoys me the most. Holy poo poo we get it, it's not funny, stop bringing it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A9SWgJOTL4

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
So, I just had to rip off my headphones as Adam explains why it's okay for Allison to spoil the ending of breaking bad in a news story about the premiere event. And he literally just watched the first episode because his wife forced him to. What a cock. Now I have to be on guard listening to this stupid podcast while I wait for Netflix to stop dropping King of the Hill and start updating Breaking Bad.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
It takes all kinds.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Well, I didn't wait to start the show until the finale aired, I've been following it to the best of my ability with my limited budget for years. I don't know what was actually said, it probably was tame. I'm avoiding reddit and whatever, I'm trying to censor myself because I know the Internet doesn't owe me anything. I just thought I was safe on the podcast of the guy who has never once talked about the show in any meaningful way. Don't lump me on with people who are upset about someone spoiling the ending to the Sixth Sense or something, I'd think I'd at least get a week's grace period.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I dunno...Titus wasn't comedy gold, but at least he got to tell a story. I appreciated it for that.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Anderson you used to be cool.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Lest anyone doubt Carolla's sterling-silver integrity, let me dig up my favorite ad banner from his old radio show:

He's mentioned this by name a few times as poo poo he's glad he doesn't have to put up with anymore, but I guess times are tough

What Fun fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 12, 2013

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

TacoHavoc posted:

I see Adam like that inappropriate uncle at family functions. You don't have to agree with anything he says, and he's sometimes offensive to your sensibilities, but worth it for the times he's funny. Use it as practice for "I don't agree with what you say but I'll give you a chance to say it"

Agreed. Also, as someone who logs a lot of computer time for school and needs something to keep his mind from wandering, the sheer amount of content he puts out is nice to have - even if it's just background noise.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
The most recent Adam and Drew, #115, is pretty great. Adam sort of breaks down a little with Drew and goes into his stress, his anger with his family, and the fact that he is the target of 3(!) separate lawsuits.

So one is the patent troll, one is probably still Donny...I wonder what number 3 is?

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I know those are horrible quotes, but in context they were both clearly sarcastic. On the blacks thing, she was riffing off Adam talking about black guys not wanting to pay to get dominated(she was a dominatrix), and the Jewish thing was making fun of Orthodox Jew's views on outsiders and the observation that they went for tall blondes over diminutive asians at the dominatrix.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Apoplexy posted:

Wow, I saw Adam did an AMA on Reddit the other day and I figured I'd read through it. Absolute, complete garbage with an average word count of 2 for each response. It was pathetic. I mean, I didn't think it was going to be great, but Woody Harrelson's Rampart-plugging AMA debacle pales in comparison to this in shittiness of quality.

Really? He was informal, but it didn't seem egregiously bad to me. I actually got a couple of laughs out of it. He didn't really get great questions, but he worked with what he had.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I donated - Adam has been clear from the beginning that he is going to fight this case on the behalf of the entire podcasting community. He's already put in roughly twice the amount that people have donated, with more to surely come. Taking this shady company's word that they're going to stop suing everyone with a postal address would be silly. They need to go to court, and be defeated. It's not Supreme Court-style precedent, but it's a good thing to have on the books and that's always been the goal.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
So Adam said that the lawsuit is dropped with the Patent Trolls in such a way that they cannot bring it back against him or any other podcasters. He said that he's gagged from speaking about it for 45 days, which seems like a crazy short time. It sounds like he beat the pants off them, which is awesome. Details are promised once the gag period is up.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I'm hoping that there's something more to it then just those 6 named podcasters. I don't trust anything Personal Audio says, and I agree that that is possibly the most passive-aggressive press release ever written.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Move your goddamn motorbikes out of my garage, Donny.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
They're mad that the man with the family and 10 full time employees didn't sell all his possessions and mortgage his house to continue distributing his free podcast.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

vote_no posted:

Does anyone know what's happened to Ace on the House? There hasn't been a new episode since early September.

One of the newish itunes updates tightened up the rules under which it stops downloading new podcasts on things you haven't listened to lately. It's fine for most shows, but some that are more infrequently updated get caught. Click on the show and look for that exclamation mark above the episode panel. Click that to resume updating. It's a little annoying. I guess disregard this if you don't use itunes.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Niwrad posted:

At least it made for an interesting podcast. Bald Bryan squirming the entire time was funny. Also Alison's podcast will be a must-listen whenever she gets it up.

Please let the rest of us know when that happens. I gave her show an honest shot about 2 years ago, probably a dozen episodes and it just didn't do anything for me. I've always liked her as a person - very relateable and genuine - but not as a personality. I'll be interested as to what she says in response to this, but will probably never listen to her shows again.

Anyways, I hope that they didn't have Gina Grad on for "class" reasons while discussing this today, and that she returns soon. Unlike Allison, who I struggled to enjoy on the show for a long time, I get Gina right off the bat. In a sidekick role, she's been great. I feel like the show flows a lot better with her on, I really hope she sticks around. She's not amazing, but she's not a pocket of dead air that comedy crashes into and dies, and that actually does a lot for the feel of the podcast.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Apoplexy posted:

He's a good person not in need of therapy for his massive personality issues he radiates out.

He doesn't have to feel bad about anything because he knows he's being fair, He's well-calibrated!

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Adam was definitely feeling no pain in today's podcast. I thought it was hilarious. Not even anything he said, just his voice was so mellow.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Not really. Just a bunch of people wandering in front of the mic for a few minutes and wandering off. Give it 5 minutes to hear super mellow Adam, then you can be done.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Meatwave posted:

Link for the lazy.

She was going to keep quiet about it, but Adam went and had to go on the offensive about her, which forced her to tell the story.

Adam, you retard.

27:09 to skip the hot prostate and sad dog talk and get to the part you want to listen to.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Remember the very first podcast episodes? Aside from Adam tossing a cell phone across the room, what I remember the most is him really interviewing the guests. He used to always say "I'm interested in the journey" and he'd get some really good stories and arcs out of people. Christoph Waltz? Alonzo Bodden? What the hell happened to that show? That show was awesome.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I think Gina is actually doing good, but I'm a tit man and I saw a picture of her so maybe I'm biased

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
The world is your oyster, because, really, that's all the world is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Gina's got booooooooooooooooobs