Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007
I thought it seemed odd the other day on the show when somebody told Adam that the LOGO channel was playing Crank Yankers, and I think I have confirmed he was being trolled. LOGO does in fact have a puppet show all their own, but the puppets are reenacting taped therapy sessions with gay couples. I really hope the guy who tweeted it to Adam knew, but its pretty easy to see how you might mistake it for Crank Yankers if you just saw a muted ad or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

bartok posted:

Is there some sort of mini-feud between Adam Carolla and Maria Bamford? On Bamford's episode of Comedy Bang Bang she makes a really awkward and unfunny joke about Carolla that insinuates that he was molested as a child. The joke kinda grinds the podcast to a halt until Scott Aukerman changes topics fairly quickly. I can't imagine Adam knows who Bamford is or that they would hang out in the same social circles outside of fellow Comedians of Comedy like Patton Oswalt and Brian Posehn being guest on Adam's show.

Go back and relisten to that part of the Comedy Bang Bang episode. You completely missed the point, and there was no awkwardness whatsoever.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm loving Jo Koy singing Float On.

"Aquarius..." "Libra..." "Leo..." "Rooster..."

I was laughing pretty hard at this, which is a rare occurrence now while listening to the podcast. As much as I love DAG (and I really, really do), this was a welcome reprieve from the Teddy Pendergrass bit.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Oh that is true, I forgot about that. It just seemed to me like he wasn't talking about it constantly like he did with his sitcoms and other stuff, though that makes sense because those were his personal projects while this one is more of a job he's involved in. I'm definitely looking forward to it though.

It seemed pretty short to me. They talked a few minutes about his background then played a couple clips of his videos, then launched into the news. He seemed like a funny guy from what little he was on though.

I listen to every episode as I have a lot of down-time at work, so listen to a lot of podcasts, and he's talked about it on probably every show over the last 2 months. Maybe a couple of the live shows were spared.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

JB50 posted:

The dog is still alive and on new meds according to his twitter.

Have you honestly never listened to any previous shows? All he does is talk about how if it was just up to him he'd have put her down a long time ago, or at the very least paid a homeless person $20 to do it for him. He's been complaining for the last 2 years about how much money the dog is costing him to keep alive for Lynette and the kids.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007
I laughed the hardest I've ever laughed at this podcast today when Adam read aloud a Salon.com article that referred to him as a "human disaster".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I mean it is pretty dumb that gay people can't give blood at all because it's not like they just shove the blood right into someone else without testing it first anyway

The actual reason for the blanket ban (and this is from my personal experience working in a blood bank), is due to the sheer volume of samples that are tested. They don't test everybody's blood individually, the samples get pooled. They may mix 10, 20, even 100 samples together in one big batch, and then test that. The tests are sensitive enough that it doesn't matter.

Now the problem is if that batch comes up as reactive for HIV, the lab will not then test each sample individually to see who was reactive and who wasn't. Every person in that batch will simply be rejected and their blood will never be accepted for donation again. Its just more cost effective.

This is contrary to the way testing is done for say organ donation, where samples are tested individually, or if they are batched they are later separated to see who exactly was reactive for XYZ.