Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

WEH posted:

Today's A&DD episode is blowhard-y to an astounding extent: welfare state, absolute gender roles, it's got it all. Drew hasn't explicitly hollered about the “tyranny of the majority” yet, but he's getting there.

It was indeed pretty God drat blowhardy but I will say I appreciated Drew's slight push back regarding Adam focusing solely on money and how that kind of turns people off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

NewtGoongrich posted:

Which buddy is this? Also, Adam clearly hates the poor, so why does he even bother keeping his old friends?

Donny turned into a total rear end in a top hat.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Ez posted:

Also, Alison is 38 years old?! Christ, I wouldn't have put her a day past 27.

DUDE. loving exactly. I pictured late twenties and would have been surprised if she were 31 but loving 38?! That girl ages well.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Beeez posted:

I'll frankly be shocked if Adam and Lynette never get a divorce.

Actually I'd be pretty shocked if they ever did. They both seem like pretty traditional people, at least she does and he just seems to want the opposite of whatever the gently caress he had in his childhood which would be staying together regardles.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
What I'm worried about is the slightly embarrassing possibility that he doesn't hit his goal.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

This may be an inane question, but do other fans dislike Bryan as much as people here do? My only exposure to fans of the podcast comes from this thread on SA, so I don't know if we're in our own little bubble or if most people share our opinion.

No, i'm pretty sure they don't. Its just a handful of dudes here who have an insane hatred of him that I've also never really understood. I'm kind of impartial on him -- most of his chiming in isn't offensively bad and occasionally he has a genuinely funny comment or joke. He gets tons of cheers and at all the live shows but then everything gets tons of cheers at the live shows.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Judah loving Friedlander has been doing the same lovely, boring, completely unfunny "worlds greatest whatever the gently caress" schtick for like 6 years now. The shittiest stand up I ever saw was him at the Irvine improv (got the tickets for free which should tell you something). The guy stood there for 45 minutes, asked people what they did and then shouted at them that he was the worlds greatest at that thing. I swear to God he did this for 45 minutes, over, and over. No jokes, no stories, just the same loving thing "i'm the worlds greatest karate champ" or some bullshit.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

What Fun posted:

Does anyone know what this secret "health issue" of Drew's was? He keeps saying he's waiting for the right time to discuss it and he wants to use it as a teaching moment. I'm going crazy here!

I'm guessing some kind of low level cancer or something that was successfully treated? Maybe prostate or something?

It can't be another God damned hernia.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Good God that laugh.

He's hamming it up right? RIGHT??

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

Maybe the Rattlesnake Club or the D. I. A. . I need to thank Adam for something, because of Steve Austin's appearances I have discovered his fantastic podcast. It's so funny especially when he interviews himself and has a full on interview with a fly and a cage match with the same fly. The are a few really good in depth wrestler interviews too. The three parter with Kevin Nash is excellent. Brett Hart was pretty good too. I'm really shocked that Austin was on Carolla's radar.

Thanks for the heads up I will try this, sounds bizarre and awesome. He was great on Carollas podcast.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Who the gently caress is going to buy Bald Bryan's book? Besides like Giovanni or something, I don't understand who would be into the show enough or have enough time to read his book. I like the guy but I'm just sayin.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I don't understand how its a hugely insensitive, dickish thing to tell someone, "hey thanks for the tacos, I'll eat this, but next time I prefer whitefish." How loving delicate are people's sensibilities and egos that that line would legitimately hurt someone's feelings.

Also, Frank Stallone is the worst.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Grant DaNasty posted:

Holy poo poo. I couldn't stop laughing at Pure Retro Rockin' Rock on the Adam and Drew Show.

"I'm drunk... ON WHISKEY!"

"WHISKEY DRINKIN' GYPSY DEVIL CAJUN QUEEN FROM NEW ORLEANS!"

Dude I think I'm going to order the Man Show box set or something after listening to that. I never really caught it when it was on the air but I know they had some funny bits. Pretty much any of the ones they play the audio of on the show make me laugh. Adams "serious guy" acting is hilarious.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Lou Diamond Phillips is kind of awesome.

They took my dachshund!

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Did someone finally freak out in the middle of a live show for some racist poo poo? I couldn't make out what the lady was yelling.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Ez posted:

I don't remember if it was a racial thing, I don't think Adam said anything that bad this episode. Probably just another drunken fan, Adam seems to attract them. Other than that I have 2 thoughts on today's episode:

1. Holy poo poo Brad Williams is hilarious
2. Out of all of the jokes Adam repeats constantly the "Oprah on the cover of her magazine" one is now the one that annoys me the most. Holy poo poo we get it, it's not funny, stop bringing it up.

I like Brad Williams, I really do. I saw his breakout gig thing at a comedy festival thing put on by the local radio station and he tore it up next to some heavy hitters. Thing is, anytime anyone brings him up Carolla always has to pipe in about how it's great that Brad Williams isn't a schticky comedian that just talks about whatever their "thing" is. He is EXACTLY this type of comedian. I don't get it. Pretty much all his jokes somehow relate to being short, being a little person, little person sex or some related thing. I had this complaint about Brad Williams before he was ever on the Carolla podcast so when Adam mentioned that I was annoyed as poo poo.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
The guy seemed like he did not get and was annoyed by the jokes/banter having to do with his wife. He was dry as poo poo. What the hell is this guys show like?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Man his live shows are getting really rowdy. He should stop encouraging them so much and nip that poo poo in the bud before he has people walking up on stage or something.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, it's getting to be a problem. His whole informal vibe and format really does encourage people shouting poo poo especially when they're drunk. I've never understood how people get comfortable enough to shout out answers to mostly rhetorical and bullshit questions comedians ask.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I'm pretty God damned sick of all Jo Koy improvisations.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I like Jo and I like him being a regular it's all the Asian guy bits that I'm done with.

The Diamond Dallas Page episode was great. I really liked the episode with Lou Diamond Philips too. The dude was really down to earth and funny, I'm glad they're having him back.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Gabriel Iglesias kind of lost it at the end there. I don't remember the last time they cut off a guest and edited together the end.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Veskit posted:

It always catches me off guard how funny DFG is.

I really don't understand why they don't have him on like once a week. Maybe the guy runs out of material but he is pure gold when he is on. He is one of the few guys that genuinely cracks Carolla up.

ALL BALLS.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
"I like the quiet wisdom of Taco Bell's executive chef Lorena Garcia."

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Well that was a drastic turn from a fantastic podcast to loving horrible. I go from laughing my rear end off at DFG to hearing about how all people in the Middle East are basically evil animals that are bent on killing every last Jew, a people that have done nothing but good for the planet and are not troublemakers in any way shape or form. Oh and he is not Jewish and has no Jewish bias at all, just a dude callin it like it is.

Yes Adam, you never say anything racist aside from the part about a fifth of the world's population being evil and most non-white, non-asian cultures being inferior.

visuvius fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 26, 2013

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Red posted:

Isn't Adam pro-Korean/Japanese (i.e., tough people who will defend their stores in riots with rifles and shotguns on the roof)?

Oh yes they are definitely in the "non-troublemaker" category. Mostly because he feels that every Asian across the board focuses deeply on education and they all contribute positively to the tax base. I wonder how much he knows about the massive amounts of tax fraud that goes on with those liquor stores.

visuvius fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 27, 2013

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Hahahaha. "Bryan's stupid book." I don't know why that's funny. Just the ease with which we dismiss it I suppose.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I like how his guests on Mondays podcast were basically Asscrack & Backsack.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
No dude, we need more Russian Literature and Classics majors.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Stacy Dash sounds like a very stupid person.

Both of his guests on Mondays podcast were total duds. Quinton Aaron's mother sounded exactly like the type of mother that Carolla loves to rail against (rightfully so).

visuvius fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 17, 2013

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Natalia demanded a tire swing and zip line for which there was no place in his last bacheloresque home.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Bung lo su hasn't been funny in something like 2 months now and yet this fucker continues to drive this poo poo into the ground. I think Jo Koy doesn't even really know where to go with some of this poo poo now. Carolla just puts it out there like, "ok now make Gold."

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Apoplexy posted:

I was going through recent episodes, and noticed that, yep, Adam still doesn't understand podcasting, the internet, all that. "Re-airing" old podcast episodes? Dear god.

What? The only repeats are at the end of the year when they go on vacation. They play best ofs then but otherwise its new episodes every day.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
He was pretty cool. A little blowhardy but still pretty cool.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Today's Carolla with DFG is pure gold.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Ribsauce posted:

For all the time Dr. Drew spends analyzing other people, he should figure out why he would let the 7-11 surveillance camera record him for an hour if 15 people would watch it.

Because there is a minimum of a nickel up for grabs.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Yes during production he was constantly bitching about how far he had to drive to film at various houses. He was pretty much miserable about the whole experience it seemed.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I love Adam blowing smoke up Andy Summers rear end when he has poo poo on the Police on multiple occasions over the years. As I recall, he basically thinks the Police is lovely music, he hates their reggae vibe and I'm pretty sure he has called Sting a douche.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Uhhhh is it me or did Asa Akira say some crazy dumb poo poo on today's show?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I don't remember anything, what stood out to you? I thought it was pretty interesting.

Aisha Tyler is guest hosting today's episode, that should be really good.

She was definitely interesting and I definitely enjoyed "rear end is my favorite hole" but,

Something about "blacks not being as evolved". It was in reference to going down on a lady and why they supposedly don't like it. Also in reference to jewish dudes and what they like, "its not cheating for them, if you're not jewish you're not even really human."

Bitch whaaaaaaaaaat? I'm not even really a hand wringy dude and this poo poo surprised me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Cromulent posted:

I like Dana Gould a lot but I had to bail after 10 minutes of the podcast he hosted. He just kept steamrolling over Alison with the most unfunny, nonsensical bullshit. She kept trying to tell a story about recording a song in studio with her band, and he just kept interrupting so much that I never even heard the story.

Yeah same here basically. I don't know whats up but I don't find him nearly as funny as the rest of you dudes do. I like Dameshek but he was also steamrolling over Alison on her podcast. She must of said apricots and peaches like 5 loving times before she was able to get her anecdote in.