Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I like how he won't shut the gently caress up about the Newman documentary, and basically still won't stop talking about the Rotten Tomatoes rating for the Hammer but he basically never mentions Road Hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Has Carolla stopped doing Ace on the House with Ray?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Anyone else find Vinny Tortorich to be kind of a douche?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
The podcast with Maron was good but it's like okay we get it dude, you're butthurt about Stern making GBS threads on podcasts, can we move on please?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
The problem is he still manages to connect a lot of calls or topics to some right wing bullshit. It could be the most innocuous thing and he can connect it to the liberal left or whatever.

Does anyone else find "Who the F sells this S" to be super uncomfortable and off putting. I mean some of the banter with callers can be fun but it often turns into a super arrogant pricky Carolla picking on some completely random non-fan. I mean the guy yesterday seemed genuinely offended and Carolla was just being a loving rear end in a top hat to him. Ugh I've been a fan for a super long time but this garbage things of his where the only people he gives any real legitimacy to are loving Pepperdine MBA's or MIT Engineers. Its like, dude, your kids sound like they are going to be super mediocre plebs so how about you step off your loving high horse for a minute.

On the bright side, much less of that creepazoid Vinny Tortorich lately.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Well his new schtick is that basically, school overall is worthless, is run by liberals and will turn your kid into a soft piece of poo poo. He's not just talking about University, but like, 5th grade. Homework serves no purpose. The real way Sonny is going to learn about life is by helping his dad build a deck. But he is SUCH a sweet kid don't ya know?

He has such insanely high standards for other people and loves singing the praises of the asian engineer neighbor and his smart kids and how family and education is where its all at but then he is a total loving hyporcrite about his own poo poo.

Lately his hypocrisy has been getting to me more than anything else. Some guy called into Adam and Drew about his mother in law giving him a hard time or some poo poo and Adam was just a total dismissive piece of poo poo about it. What struck me was where he said to the guy something along the lines of "why do people make such a big deal of stuff and build their whole lives and belief structures around inconsequential poo poo". Meanwhile, the guy has been making the same pathetic, tired complaints about his parents and his childhood for 20 loving years. I'm so sick of hearing him bitch about his parents. THAT is okay to hang on to but for other people, he just needs them to move on and get to work so they can start paying taxes.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

rotinaj posted:

and a line of decorative urns we put in the way to the kitchen.

This is fantastic.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Does anyone else find Jo Koy and Adam's "Improv" to be insanely unfunny? "Black Lab" was mildly amusing the first time but the rest of it just goes way the hell too long.

Also, according to Neal Brennan, Jo Koy is a dick.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
In other news, Gina Grad continues to be a completely empty vessel.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Yeah go ahead and skip the Alex Epstein episode.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
He can't help himself. It doesn't matter what podcast it is, he will inevitably bring up his GD sofa or how Lynette needs to do more or something about how great the engineer neighbors are and how they met at USC.

Somewhere near the last 15 minutes they'll get to calls.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Granted, I'm not a huge fan of the live podcasts to begin with, but the Europe shows were loving cringeworthy.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Boinks posted:

The Ireland show was great, what are you talking about? Too much new material and not enough poo poo to complain about in this thread?

Oh please. His interactions with the Daniella Moyles (who was a dud to begin with) were super awkward and weren't funny at all. New material? I would have loved to hear new material but it was the same old poo poo but in Ireland or Amsterdam. You can tell from the crowd responses that he's not getting the same kind of love that he gets in the US.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Adam and Drew #371 is great. Its an hour of Adam and Theo Von loving around basically.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Tune in today for an insane rant about penguins at the Monterrey Bay aquarium not being named Mike and how sickening that is.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I do love that Bryan immediately called him on it the second he said it was because they ate too much candy. "Grit!"

He has pretty much gone off the deep end. Its crazy levels of hypocrisy. He needs that guy he used to tell everyone else they needed, you know, the one who would tell you you look stupid in those cowboy boots.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Vinny is a loving idiot.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I think he maaaay be on the outs with DAG at the moment on account of his horrible opinions about black people and how they should conduct themselves. He mentioned something in passing a few episodes ago.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
John Hiatt makes incredibly boring, lovely music.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Among other reasons, a huge thing that turned me off is his incessant ranting and demeaning of his mother. He is 53 loving years old and still harping on her like she wounded him yesterday. The guy goes to speak to loving congress and can't help but use the opportunity to poo poo on his mother. And the thing is, from what I've gathered over the years, his childhood wasn't that awful, especially relative to other kids who have had it way the gently caress worse and whined about it way less.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Slightly positive development. Ace continues to be an insane, narcissistic, hypocritical prick but they've started a new segment in every podcast called Good Sports with Dameshek. Shek is great, the segment is always light and the theme song is pretty fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Remember when the refugee migration situation in Europe was really bad a couple years ago and that oval office in Hungary tripped a father and his fleeing child? Yeah guess who was pretty much the only loving person ever to basically defend the lady.