Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Tweak posted:

And I wholeheartedly disagree with him not being good at re-enactments with Adam.

There was one thing in the aftermath of the Joe Paterno thing that absolutely slayed me. I think it was Adam imagining his dad as a sexually abusive football coach and talking to clips of his dad about it.

"That was Pop Warner."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
The recent run of Dr. Drew Podcasts with Jennie Ketcham, Tom Sizemore, and Mike Catherwood is some really good listening.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Keystoned posted:

Basically its like Drew has taken his intelligence and combined it with old Carollas hosting skills to become a master host hybrid.

That sums it up nicely.

I'm so loving happy for Steve-O. Does that sound stupid? I don't even know the guy.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
haha. Haven't listened to the main show since the Jo Koy ep and before that it was, uh... no idea. It's mostly Drew's show for me now. Though I feel like I need to get back into Larry Miller's.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Artie Lange? poo poo, I'm gonna have to give this one a listen.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Ez posted:

Am I a bad person for wanting Bryan's book to completely fail?

Nawwwww.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Veskit posted:

Also was Strausers book any good? Amazon seemed to like it.

I think her quote was "The critics say you can't put it down; the sales say you can't pick it up."

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Doesn't Adam's mom have, like, a Chicano studies degree?

"How should I know?"

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Sieg posted:

This was the main point of what Adam was trying to say.

No, but he did talk a lot about the things him, Ray, and Chris would do to each other and other members of the football team. Then he got into a weird story about this naked pool game he'd play with those guys. Drew called it homoerotic.

You mean when they'd use jacuzzi jets to fill their colons up with water?

I wanna barf every time I hear that.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Or like a sketch on The Man Show.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
I don't know who Mike Carano is but this is the first time I've started an episode of Drew's podcast and not finished.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Haven't heard the ads for psychics but I hadn't listened to Drew's show in a couple months until yesterday. This was just a random episode I had on there since my mp3 player didn't sync up right and I needed something to listen to at work.

Thank god I keep a manual backlog of Hardcore History on there.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

JGdmn posted:

Congrats, you're being screen captured by the After Disaster's Twitter account.

Good times.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Hahahaha, I didn't know there was more than one AD fan in SA, the thing is so ramshackle. I did the screencap and sent it to them and they RTd it.

How dare you.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
"I'LL GIVE YOUR DAUGHTER SOMETHIN' TO EAT ON!"

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Adam seems fairly OK in what I've listened to of his newest appearance on Joe Rogan. I have to think he's talked about his airline-owning friend on his actual show, right?

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Rick posted:

Yeah I used to listen to the morning show on podcast. Pretty much all the FreeFM shows were podcasted.

I found it while I was working in an Irish restaurant as a dishwasher/prep cook. A podcast version of a four-hour radio show is a great way to get through a shift like that. I'd also listen live online on my days off. I called in on what I think was the next-to-last show after doing a morning bong rip to talk to Kevin Nealon. Good times.

As far as I recall from that hazy time, there was no mention of a post-radio show podcast on the radio show.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Ribsauce posted:

The best part about this radio show being a podcast was it was broken up by segment so you could skip the lame stuff super easily. Sometimes I would line up all the "What can't Adam complain about" segments in a row and laugh for a solid hour.

Yeah, or listen to Norm and Adam talk about Kenny Rogers over and over again.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

Too bad Barry Crimmins is on it, sinking it with the same things he always runs on about.

I've never heard of the guy but, yeah, that was pretty exhausting. Might've been good on MENTAL ILLNESS HAPPY HOUR. The only part of the episode I really enjoyed was Gould talking about FREAKS. The rest was too scattershot and depressing. Also weird that there wasn't more Tobolowsky or that that wasn't a whole show on its own.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Anyone listened to the recent Dr. Spaz ep of Drew's podcast? Worth the hour?

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Didn't Adam have Ray Romano on the podcast early on and it was like listening to a blanket talk about watching grass grow?

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Just thought I'd jump in here to let you all know I'm about to put a strip of bright orange duct tape on my black leather wallet so I stop losing it on my desk.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

What Fun posted:

He doesn't have to feel bad about anything because he knows he's being fair, He's well-calibrated!

Listen, he used to splice tape with a razor blade...

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Drew's just there 'cause somebody dropped a nickel.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
I had a Carolla moment today while talking with an ex-girlfriend about a guy she went on a date with. She said he was a very handsome white guy (she's Cuban), "Like, uh, Ryan Gosling? Is that a white guy?" she asked me. I said, yeah and added "Look at you, pulling down hot studs."

"That's what he did for a living!"
"What?"
"He pulled down studs. Demolitions."

And then, possessed by the spirit of the Ace Man, we spent about three minutes talking about how loving crazy it was that I'd said that and that's his job.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Boinks posted:

Awesome. Usually when I pull a Carolla with my wife it's me angrily complaining about something stupid.

My ex-wife bitched and moaned and complained all the time, And not needing a double dose of THAT poo poo is one of the many reasons I stopped listening to Carolla, not to mention one of the reasons I shrugged and said "Whatever" when she said she wanted to split.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
I loved the radio show. I would download it and listen to it at my stupid restaurant prep cook job, which would get me through a good half or so of my shift. Or on my days off I would listen live and do chores and smoke pot.

I've listened to a couple full episodes over the last couple years and it's a LOT to listen to if you've gotten used to podcasts that last 45 minutes to an hour and a half.

And stuff like this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q2ZMcZRGdY

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Gilmartin is riotously funny and always has been. I've been a fan since hearing him on Bob and Tom in Indianapolis in 1994. It's amazing to me he's still around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

You know what I said the second I read the headline? "gently caress you."

Yeesh. Morbid curiosity has caused me to keep track of this thread and Carolla's goings-on way, WAY past giving up on his shows but this is where I tap out.

Mahalo.