Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
He endorsed Ted Cruz 4 or 5 months ago. If you guys are gonna have a debate about Adam Carolla's politics, keep that in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

King of Gulps posted:

I kind of got the impression that he didn't really know that Ted Cruz was running for president when he interviewed him; it was a lot of "So what do you think, Jeb's looking pretty good right now, am I right?"
edit: is there a KLSX archive somewhere? I thought I saw a link to it once, but lost it

April 17th on the Adam Carolla Show podcast archive. I just looked it up on my podcast app.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Was there anything good in his interviews with those two Prez candidates?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

I think he thinks he should be where Jimmy is.

:lol: That rules, gently caress that guy

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JB50 posted:

Dont waste your time, he has never said that.

He's implying that he will listen to that episode someday when Adam breaks down

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hell yeah. If you want to make money in 2016, radio is where you want to be. :smug:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
But the place to be to be a runaway success in 2016 is the terrestrial radio stations.

Yeah, that tracks.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drunkboxer posted:

Adam's is a lab though right?

I feel like labs hold a special place in the world of dogs eating poo poo. Ours tore up a box of shotgun shells once and one time somehow opened the door to the fridge and ate an entire lasagna. He was hospitalized once because he (unbeknownst to us) could hop onto the counter, and from there, get on top of the fridge where there was 4 bags of bakers chocolate. Like I said before he's calmed down now, but sometimes I still find a fork or a spoon that I know was in the sink when I left on the floor, implying that at 9 years old he can still hop onto the counter and just walk around.

so yeah crate training is needed sometimes

I had a lab who, each one on a different occasion, ate a bag of brown sugar, a pound bag of chocolate chips, multiple boxes of Crispix cereal, a bag of dried tortellini, and assorted other things. She managed to get through a huge easy chair, a baby gate, and a line of decorative urns we put in the way to the kitchen.

A different lab of mine figured out how to open the fridge and would just help herself, getting roasted chickens and other leftovers and such, so we had to install a baby latch on the thing.

Labs are insane engines of food-based destruction.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

visuvius posted:

I do love that Bryan immediately called him on it the second he said it was because they ate too much candy. "Grit!"

He has pretty much gone off the deep end. Its crazy levels of hypocrisy. He needs that guy he used to tell everyone else they needed, you know, the one who would tell you you look stupid in those cowboy boots.

Wealthy man in a bubble of his own making stops having touch with reality. It's a tale as old as time.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Red posted:

Which episode?

Or does he literally have a show just with Garagos?

If the latter, what the christ? How many loving shows does this tool have?

he only has one way of making money in tyool 2017, and it's podcasting every minute of every day

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

pangstrom posted:

There was some weird glitch in the matrix that created both a Jeremy Clarkson and an Adam Carolla, talented gearhead comedians with similarly long-yet-fat faces and bad politics.

Not weird at all, they should have been separated by an entire ocean. Its not the matrix's fault that we allowed them to become international celebrities and travel.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
This dude also is a big fan of the fellow who thinks that high fiving children is immoral because high fives should be done between peers, and children are never peers to adults

Also explaining things to children is bad because it undermines your authority

Dennis Prager is literally “the world was better in the 1950s” made flesh

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tweak posted:

In searching for more info I learned that his guests last week were Kim Guilfoyle and Greg Gutfeld, and Dr Drew is apparently either an anti-vaxxer or at the very least pushing anti vax conspiracy theories in light of Damar Hamlin's collapse last night.

What the gently caress happened to these people

If you are over a certain age, you saw the same thing happen at least once before

9/11 broke the brains of a lot of people, and turned a lot of so-called leftwingers into hard right wingers

The pandemic is/has done the same thing for a lot of people, between the lockdowns, the vaccine, mandates, masking, it all played on certain brains to make them lose their minds

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Riptor posted:

adam sucks but this article acts as if crowdwork isn't a thing

but adam sucks, lets be clear on that

That isn’t crowd work, that is an old man being given one of the topics of his ten stock rants and doing a bit that was old in 2000

Jesus christ are we still doing “i dont want to order grande i want to order a large” in 2023, just go to the gas station and get a coffee, adam, you are choosing to go to starbucks

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
There are plenty of funny crowdwork comedians but that was like going to a jeff dunham show and him asking the audience for a topic, they are gonna serve up a suggestion of one of his old favorites

I bet the next random surprise topic was work ethic, and after that, maybe an audience member brought up snowflakes and how the kids nowadays are soft

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tweak posted:

"Next up on, "What Can't Adam Complain about?" Where Adam is set up by a caller to complain about the same thing he's complained about for the last 20 years!"

Exactly! This is his grift for the rest of his life, playing the hits to increasingly fewer old boomers

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Now that i went back and listened to some more of that great standup, it always makes me laugh when adam starts talking about how hard it was for the donner party, the soldiers at iwo jima, and the bombers who flew over dresden

Adam, you did construction for like three years and stumbled drunkenly into a radio job and have failed upward ever since, the gently caress is this hard man of tough choices routine you are playing at

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Just checked, of course Dr. Drew is on Cameo for only $169. He’s 64 and still doing this? Would have thought at that age he’d have enough money to own a condo on Kauai & spend as much time there as possible. At least that’s what I’d do.

Dude probably makes a cool hundo from taking ten minutes to make a selfie video

I will call dr drew a shitbird for many reasons but if someone will shell out for your cameo, make those bills imo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Niwrad posted:

If you're wondering how Adam is doing, he had the weird pervert Tim Ballard on to whitewash the allegations against him for his "child trafficking rescue organization". Basically running interference for a guy who groomed women. Good lord that's a far fall for the Loveline guy.

He has been working with dennis Prager for a while now, what’s another monster on the pile

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Y’all just don’t get the epic and heartfelt story that adam is gonna tell with the expanded birchumverse

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Niwrad posted:

Such a weird project. I sort of get if it was just an animated series that Daily Wire picked up, but including Candace Owens and Megyn Kelly in it should have gotten some of those big names to pull out.

I bet they did not have any of the voiceactors even within the same time zone as one another, so the only way they’d know is if daily wire went out of their way to tell

Gonna be like that bored ape cartoon that got like three episodes in before being mercifully put down

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The best thing about it being on daily wire plus is that it will only be viewed by true believers

Just like lady ballers

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ralph Hurley posted:

As someone who spent many years as an animator on lovely unfunny cartoon pilots and web toons I feel bad for the poor non union schmucks who will have to spend 12 hour days grinding away at this dogshit in Adobe Animate and have nothing to show for it when they’re all let go at the same time after it fails to attract any viewers.

Don’t worry, it might just be a company based out of dubai that definitely doesn’t have any questionable business practices, like the smash success bored ape cartoon

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ralph Hurley posted:

Yep.

Stuff like this tends to have the character and background designs, storyboard and layout done domestically and all the in between animation done overseas, then back to the US for retakes and post stuff. But yeah Daily Wire and AceMan Productions or whatever will surely find the absolute dirt cheapest way to poo poo this out because god forbid they pay a decent wage to whiny entitled American animators who might even be non-binary or have purple hair to make their anti woke cartoon.

Who the gently caress subs to Daily Wire to watch adult cartoons

Yeah I was just jokin’ about the company that got to make the bored ape yacht club failed cartoon

I have faith this will be roughly as terrible as that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lake of Methane posted:

Listening to old Loveline shows, Dr Drew seems kind-of smitten with the whole “butthole the size of a mason jar” thing. And I wonder if he has ever seen goatse.

Seems like the sort of thing a bunch of goons could help-along.

Dr Drew was the guy who sat on a jar on camera and shattered it in his butt, it all makes sense

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bartok posted:

at least it's on The Daily Wire's streaming service and not sandwiched between Bob's Burgers and Family Guy on Fox

It’s not even going to be as popular as the daniel tosh one, brickleberry, which also sucked

I look forward to seeing the entry for it on the lost media wiki in a decade, because once the servers for daily wire+ go down, that will be that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JAnon posted:

what the gently caress is this art style? Family Guy but worse?

The brickleberry special

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

tehslime posted:

it sounded like it would’ve been a garbage show.

*The reason was likely that the show sucked rear end and wasn’t remotely original.

Predictive portion of post for after the daily wire birchum show comes out

I guarantee it will be right

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wow, that is some steep drop off in name quality after carolla and Schneider, and they were already not holding up the tent by themselves

Glad to see Bobby Lee is landing in roughly the part of the comedy world he deserves, though, dude has sucked out loud for like 25 years

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

Schneider stopped being funny a long time ago, if he ever was. Once he went all in on political stuff and being a Trump lover he went from being unfunny to aggressively unfunny.

How in the world can you say such a thing about the comedy genius behind the makin’ copies guy

You just don’t understand the brilliance of the copies guy

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DangerDummy! posted:

Jim Breuer is rolling in the same poo poo pile, but at least he does a funny Joe Pesci impression.

You dare besmirch the name of Goat Boy?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DangerDummy! posted:

Hey, you're over here talking about how brilliant Richard the Copy Guy is and ignoring Sensitive Naked Man or Tiny Elvis. You don't have to bring up Citizen Kane every time someone talks about Orson Welles.

That’s why I bring up the frozen peas ad whenever someone talks about Orson Welles

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

They released a "new" George Carlin AI special that was supposedly "Written and performed by AI" but

They came out later and admitted it was written by a human and just the George acting and voice was AI, but still disgusting.

Hasn’t everything done so far as part of that podcast been extremely dumb and poorly thought out

I would not expect a comedian whose heyday was the 90s to be on the cutting edge of tech humor but god drat

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

toggle posted:

What causes it? Internet? Wealth?

Things different from when I was a child, change SCARY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also regardless of their knowledge of history, lots of honky rear end honkies are just terrified of dirty cities and the feral creatures living in them

And when you ask them how much time they have spent in a city, well, that seems hardly relevant, they have driven by cities plenty of times