Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...

Ez posted:

Dr Life was a terrible guest. Boring as gently caress blowhard.

I don't think Adam will ever catch on that the show only needs one obnoxiously self-promoting blowhard. I don't know what I expected though, the guy took the name "Dr. Life".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...
As a Bruins fan, it was amazing to hear Dameshek lament about his Penguins after hearing they lost the game last night. They should just make him a permanent cast member.

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...
Finally watched the new Jo Koy episode and it was gold. If you've been abstaining from the podcast for a while this ep is a great one for jumping back in. No tired rants and Jo was on fire or figh-ler.

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...
Hearing Carolla and the gang talk about the PRISM spying scandal drove me near apoplectic. The cognitive dissonance required for Adam to say in one breath that the government fucks up everything it touches, and then in the next grants the NSA carte blanche to snoop on every aspect of his life is literally insane. He must have a crystal brain because it's clearly been fractured for a long time.

Goddamn it Adam, with your libertarian leanings I really hoped you would come down on the right side of this issue but instead, you slow keyboard tapped your way into the dumbest position available in this whole mess.

Does anyone know where Adam's viewpoint of anti-terrorism at all costs originated from? He's so pragmatic with normal everyday stuff that it just seems so odd he would be in favor of sacrificing everything to prevent something that, in 12 years, has killed less American civilians than food poisoning does each year. Is it just his hate of Muslims?

dayman fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 11, 2013

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...
As much as it's fun to make fun of Adam when he's dominating interviews, he was really good in the interview with Corey from Slipknot. I'm almost positive he didn't buy a single iota of Corey's bullshit ghost stories but did a great job of remaining diplomatic with his interpretation of the paranormal and just letting his guest say his piece.

I just wonder why, with his very clear stance on the paranormal being total bullshit, he would book a guest that wrote a book on it if he wasn't going to challenge them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...
It was a little encouraging that the audience at Amalfi didn't seem to be buying Adam's "I don't care, I just pay taxes" rant about the NSA spying. He stopped briefly after the rant perhaps waiting for the cheer and applause that never came and Alison was forced to jump in.

I really hope someone calls in at some point to clue him on why he should care about these kinds of governmental overreaches. It feels like his mind could be changed on the subject because he's such an advocate for limited government interference. If someone brings up that just because they're not targeting you now doesn't mean they can't use everything they've collected against you in the future, I honestly can see him coming around on the issue. Or maybe he's too technically illiterate and hates brown people too much to have his mind changed.