Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
I really want to like Ace on the House. Ray is very interesting and he (mostly) has good chemistry with Adam. The problem is, Adam just trashes Ray constantly for not owning a home, and also trashes Ray's parents for never owning a home, despite the fact that Adam makes it seem like Ray's mom took better care of him than his own parents. It's just very off putting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Beeez posted:

Adam is an ignorant douche, but I would also argue he likely has gotten harsher because another one of his "fuckup buddies" is now in a legal battle with him. I could be totally wrong, but I would think something like that would generally sour you on the group of friends you've known for years.

Which buddy is this? Also, Adam clearly hates the poor, so why does he even bother keeping his old friends?

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Niwrad posted:

That's crazy, I would have guessed 30.

I don't really think the show needs a "drops" guy. It's a cheesy relic from the morning zoo days. Just put someone on there who can pull up a song or clip when it's needed. I rarely ever laugh at the drops now and they often just throw off the timing of the show. It's weird to me that for how much Adam hates radio, he wants to force in so many aspects of it to the show.

What does most of the staff do anyway? Why does Adam need 7-8 people to run a podcast?

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Ariza posted:

I think despite his bravado that Adam feels responsible for a lot of people's well being, especially with the brain tumor Bryan has. They've all been around for a while.

It just seems that Adam throws away the advantage of podcasting over traditional radio by having a shitton of people work on it. It's not like Adam's podcast comes off as more polished than other podcasts because of it either. I don't see where the money is going. Some things that Adam pays for actually lower the quality of the podcast. Like the drops. gently caress the drops.

e: Or the "songs". Those are terrible as well.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Red posted:

Lynette is, to be kind, an absolute disaster in front of a microphone. She has an annoying voice, she constantly coughs and clears her throat, and says 'right' after sentence the other person says.

I know why she got her own podcast, but... who is listening to it?

I assume there's a certain subset of people who like that she's so unpolished. People can relate to her, minus the being very wealthy part. Also, I doubt Adam would have any problem axing her show if it was unprofitable.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN
Is it so wrong that I, as a tall blond, want to marry another tall blonde so our children have a reasonable shot at becoming A&F models?

I know plenty of people who won't date certain races/outside their race but are not racist. What Adam said doesn't come off as racist at all.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

WampaLord posted:

Literally the "I'm not a racist, but..." line but applied to someone else. Ez, you seem like a cool dude who likes Adam, but you have to admit he's racist. Racism isn't just calling black people the n-word and joining the KKK, and Adam is a huge practitioner of dog-whistle racism.

Adam doesn't use "dog whistle racism". He's very open about his (mild to moderately) racist opinions. Adam's racist opinions comes from the fact that he has an extreme hatred of the poor. In the US, someone who is poor has a disproportional chance of being non-white. Who you are attracted to and who you want to have kids with does not fall under one of these racist opinions.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

UltraRed posted:

Marry whoever you want to for whatever reason you want to. Don't marry someone for whatever reason you want to. Who loving cares? It's your life.

But what if some poster on the internet calls you a racist for a your preferences? What will you do then? :smug:

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN
What purpose does Bryan serve? He's an unfunny idiot that's actively detrimental to the show.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Niwrad posted:

Loveline had some epic rants against religion back in the day. Now he tours with one of those guys he used to lambaste. I guess I can't blame him since that's where the money is at, but I don't like it when he pretends he's the same guy he was.

Adam is still openly an atheist, just far less militant about it.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

vote_no posted:

Don't forget that if you want militant atheism, Penn's Sunday School can be quite enjoyable.

I listened expecting militant atheism and it really wasn't there. Vocal atheism, yes. Militant atheism, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN
There was a recent episode where Carolla talked about how he is completely opposed to Prager's views on religion because he is an atheist, but he respects him because he agrees with him on many other points. I think Adam has just matured in his atheism. Strange, since he seems to otherwise be an angry, bitter, financially successful husk.