Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
I rarely listen to the main podcast anymore because when I do I end up skipping huge chunks of it, but I recently started listending to the Drew show and was surprised at how good it is. I have been cherry picking episodes that sound good (Steve-O was great, so was Jim Jeffries and Ray) and the best way I can describe it is it's Drew at his best / smartest combined with a few decades of experience hosting and interviewing.

Basically its like Drew has taken his intelligence and combined it with old Carollas hosting skills to become a master host hybrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Adam was on the Chris Jericho podcast today and was talking about his start into podcasting. The story has changed quite a bit from what I remember.. and I've been listening from day one.

He days he was basically podcasting since he left Loveline with people listening online, and that he told everyone he was starting a podcast on his radio show before it went off.

Obviously he's going to minimize Donny's involvement.. but I'd thought it was Donny's idea, Adam was in the dark about internet broadcasts, and it was Donny who explained it and got him going. Jesus, it took forever before he understood the concept of it being free instead of a subscription.

Does any radio listeners recall this announcement? If not, this is the first time I recall him describing his podcast beginnings like this.

He was definitely aware of the podcast during the morning show. People would call in all the time from out of market and say they listened online and he said multiple times how great it was that people could download and listen anytime from anywhere

I remember when the show was canceled him announcing the podcast. There were not a lot of details but it was basically "don't worry, we're not going away for good. I am starting a podcast and we be available in some format in the near future. "

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
The Adam Carolla Show - Now with 100% less Adam Carolla!

Im really liking the guest host episodes.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
I'm on the dont listen to the show but still read the thread bandwagon amd while I dont agree with how he did it I do agree that Alison wasnt a good sidekick.

Thats not disparaging to her, but you could tell that she was clearly trying to fit herself into a role that she didnt exactly enjoy. Every now and then she would pop in with a very subtle funny line that Adam seemed to never notice and would roll completely over.

I guess what Im saying is that she did not fit into the roll Adam wanted her to fill and while that is Adams fault for trying to force her to be something she wasnt instead of letting her naturally grow into a comfortable role, it still wasnt working.

Mostly Im just glad that she wont have to say zip it oval office anymore because it always felt uncomfortable and forced. Its poo poo like that, Adam seeming to force things on her rather than it feeling natural that made it a bad fit.

Also I did listen to the Patton Oswalt episode because, well, Patton Oswalt and it was very good. Mostly because of the aforementioned Patton Oswalt.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Pretty much what they said. Bitter isnt a bad word but disappointed may be better. If youre a new carolla fan then maybe the show is for you, but for fans of loveline and also his radio show (which was great) the podcast just isnt that good.

Combine that with his hard right swing and his old fans just arent with him anymore.

Honestly if you are enjoying the podcast I would recommend you download his old radio show instead as it is vastly better. Carolla is actually a very good host and interviewer but he needs a producer to plan for him.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
I think its more that the other parents are involved with and helping the kids on their projects while Adam is guzzling mangria and screaming boot straps! at his kids while they fumble around like monkeys.

I certainly dont do my kids homework for them, but I always check it when they are done and we go over and correct anything they missed. And when they have had similar projects in the past my wife and I will guide / assist them. Thats miles away from doing the project whole they sit on the couch watching netflix.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

Tell that to lynette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Adam is definitely a poo poo show now but really enjoying the old bits getting posted here. We should turn this into the remember when adam was funny thread.

Enjoy this one where john popper plays along to paula abdul.

https://youtu.be/eReOBnMHlQA