Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm loving Jo Koy singing Float On.

"Aquarius..." "Libra..." "Leo..." "Rooster..."
"Hey girl... I'm 5' 1"...
96 pounds...
I wear a size six and a half shoe..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Wow and the shipping is still insane. It ships from Napa, to ship a $19 bottle TO Napa would cost $14.81 at the minimum :stare:

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

I thought Jo Koy did a great job on today's show considering the pile of poo poo setup Adam just flung at him right off the bat. Carolla is really determined to run certain premises into the ground, you'd think he's been doing this long enough to just let the stuff happen naturally. Like the brown sugar man towards the end of the show, that was pretty magical.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

braden posted:

My iPhone podcast app has a (!) on the Adam Carolla Show podcast because I haven't tuned in in weeks. Any shows particular that would be worth loading up? I've been getting a bit bored with the show as of late.
Penn Jillette and David Wild from Oct 25th was a good one. It's the first time ever in the show where they start the show without Adam, it's just Alison, Bryan and the guests for like 10 minutes, that was interesting. And Penn Jillette is always good for some talking.

Jo Koy from Oct 24th is really good too. The Floaters song really is funny, no matter how much it's getting run into the ground.

If you can go back that far, Tom Lennon was on August 14th, that one was a standout. Actually you can get it from the website, although Itunes may not show it anymore: http://adamcarolla.com/tom-lennon-and-diane-farr/

e: Also check out Diamond Dallas Page from September 19: http://adamcarolla.com/diamond-dallas-page/

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 6, 2013

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Niwrad posted:

Has anyone seen the pilot to Ray's reality show idea years ago? Some familiar faces in it (Bruce, Adam, Adam's Dad). Looks heavily scripted and terrible.

http://vimeo.com/45688356
I'd never heard of that before. I always wondered why Ray didn't do more TV or something, I guess that's why. He's fun to watch and the idea was interesting but that scripting was really awful. He just happens to meet a woman in a coffee shop who just happens to be Jere Burns' girlfriend, who happens to be trying to sell a car to Adam to help Ray out somehow. Also Jere Burns looked really familiar, turns out that's because he's been in Breaking Bad, Justified and Burn Notice.

Also we get to see Dr. Bruce's laser, wonder if he's paid Carolla back for that yet! :v:

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Wow, and it's a live show. I can't decide if something like that is more uncomfortable in front of an audience or when it's just two people sitting together Marc Maron style, like Maron's Gallagher interview.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Performing at Hooters seems like the kind of gig that's a punchline to a comedian talking about how terrible going on the road used to be. "Yeah, I started out having to do sets at Hooters, it was awful..."

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

vote_no posted:

I gave up the moment he started doing ads for psychics.
Wait, what? Drew, why? :( When did this start? I haven't listened to the Dr. Drew podcast in a while, simply because there are so many podcasts I'm listening to, I can't keep up.

Also yeah gently caress that loan shark bullshit. Carolla's never denied he'll shill for anyone who pays him, but they seem scummy as hell, and those kind of ads have been creeping in gradually for a while now.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Sieg posted:

Yes, and you should download all of the episodes. Its amazing.
Oh wow the first one is with SuperDave. Definitely going to check this out.

Ribsauce posted:

It makes me sad none of you guys talk about Ray and Lorenzo. I think it is my favorite podcast period.
I didn't even know about it. How much of it is sports talk? My eyes kinda glaze over when people get into sports too heavy.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Evil Vin posted:

Definitely listen to the deaf frat guy episode I'm like halfway through and crying.
Hell yeah bro.

The Ace Awards were today's show, this is a good one to check out if you don't listen regularly. Nothing too unexpected but there were some pretty solid moments this year. I'd almost forgotten about the buttplug connoisseur, that was a personal favorite. This year also had Elliot Gould, the magical dude-off between Dawson and Diamond Dallas Page, and the original Jo Koy in the Floaters and DAG doing Teddy Pendergrass before they got beaten to death.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It's nothing at all like this show, so dip in if you feel like abandoning the concept of the ACS entirely
Yeah I tried it out a while ago and didn't care for it at all.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

It's good to have the show back, I missed having it on the drive in to work and all that. I caught up on the other podcasts I subscribe to pretty quick. He finally talks about the new house, I still think it's weird it was barely mentioned before even though they've been moved for a while. Also he kept saying "I moved", which sounded like they split up or something.

Also historic moment, neckbeards are finally discussed on the show. They go more generally into facial hair as a broad topic, but I think that's a first.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Yo can we get back to discussions by people who actually still listen to the show, everyone is aware there are tons of great podcasts out there. I don't care for Howard Stern yet somehow I am able to contain myself from going into that thread and proselytizing people to listen to Ask Mr. Biggs instead (Mr. Biggs is pretty rad though, you should listen to it although they haven't updated in over a year). If everyone's New Years Resolution was to stop listening to nasally ranting then this thread shall die a natural death and that is the way of things.

Bolek posted:

Good advice ITP
Thanks for stoppin by

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Listening to today's podcast, they should sign up for some web service like Spotify. For something like $5 a month, they could avoid the whole "no I don't want THAT version of the song, that's the live one, that's a cover" etc that pops up what seems like every single week. Of course Youtube isn't going to have studio versions of every song, Youtube is kind of a mess, plus stuff gets pulled off all the time.

fake edit: Haha, the song they were looking for is Going to a Go Go by the Rolling Stones, which literally doesn't exist as anything but a live song. Adam is delusional and also none of the 3 people behind the glass can apparently do the 5 seconds it takes to google it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_to_a_Go-Go_%28song%29#The_Rolling_Stones_live_version

e: listened to the rest of it and Dawson also swears there was a studio single at some point, although it's not available anymore. Well I'm not gonna argue music trivia against Dawson!

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 21, 2014

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Dawson is a goddamn magical treasure. Alison Rosen interviewed him recently on her podcast, I want to give that a listen, but I'm afraid it might take away the mystery.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

That is fantastic news. I started listening to Norm's podcast just recently and blew through all the episodes right away. I didn't listen to it at first because they were really pushing it as a video podcast, which didn't sound appealing (the appeal of podcasts to me is you can listen to them whenever), but it's still amazing as an audio podcast.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Here's the video they played a couple weeks ago of someone doing Adam Carolla teaching a podcasting class https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF0ekNbzkOM

The dude pretty much nailed it. Although he could have added the unibrow.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

What a weird way to start the show off too. Jim Jeffries is such a good guest though. I think for Carolla, every guest has to be like Jim Jeffries, or else it just goes into autopilot. But that's a pretty tall order to fill, the guy has awesome stories about everything.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Did Dr. Drew ever get him to take the narcissism test on Loveline or any time after that, I can't remember.

vote_no posted:

Another trip report: the latest Greg Fitzsimmons episode was outstanding. Best episode I've heard in years.
For real, Fitz is awesome. I finally listened to this one today as it seemed to have uploaded later than usual on Friday. That poor sign language lady, that was hilarious. I wonder if she had any idea what was in store for her when she took the job.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

He was especially bothered recently because his family was ziplining in Catalina while he was stuck filming in a bathroom all day. That sounds made up but is a thing, they went to Catalina by helicopter to ride ziplines.

He really doesn't seem terribly invested in the show but it sounds like it will be fun to watch. It's a good idea, all the drama and hysterics of reality TV, especially the "catch a predator" angle, with some home improvement and hopefully a few good dick jokes thrown in courtesy of the Aceman.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

vote_no posted:

On the most recent Ace on the House (I think), he talked about how Lynette watched the show with him, and was remarking on how he thought the production team did a really great job.
Oh that is true, I forgot about that. It just seemed to me like he wasn't talking about it constantly like he did with his sitcoms and other stuff, though that makes sense because those were his personal projects while this one is more of a job he's involved in. I'm definitely looking forward to it though.

escape artist posted:

What'd you guys think of JL Cauvin's appearance?
It seemed pretty short to me. They talked a few minutes about his background then played a couple clips of his videos, then launched into the news. He seemed like a funny guy from what little he was on though.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

bartok posted:

Really weird hearing Scott Aukerman do an ad for Adam Carolla's TV show on the latest Comedy Bang! Bang! I just kind of put the two shows at opposite ends of the podcast spectrum. That said I would love for Adam to be a guest on Comedy Bang! Bang!
Yeah it's funny how podcasts have kind of split up into these different camps. Like James Adomian and Paul F. Tompkins are hilarious guys, but you never hear them venture outside of their small circles much. Man that would be awesome if Adam would go on CBB though. He could roll with all the improv guys without a problem, and it would be really fun to hear how he reacts to the much weirder environment on that show.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

UltraRed posted:

Woah, do we have a recording of that?
Wasn't that a pretty common refrain from Adam to Drew? "Drew, you're gonna give your daughter an eating disorder" or something like that. I can't think of a specific one, but I'll bet someone in the Loveline thread could point you to an episode.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Oh yeah, it just kinda ended after the last batch of listener calls and ads. They had the "Carolla Digital" outro thing at the end though, maybe they just cut it short for some reason and are releasing the rest tomorrow?

Gina Grad is a good fill-in for Alison.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

"Catch a Contractor" is pretty good, I caught the first two episodes that aired tonight. It feels kinda squished in with the editing, due to being a 30 minute show with commercial breaks, and they've focused a lot more heavily on the "catching" part so far over the actual building, but I'll definitely keep watching this.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

He mentioned on the podcast that they're talking about doing 20 more shows, so it must be doing well in the ratings, lawsuit notwithstanding. Also in last Sunday's episode, I got a good laugh at him pointing out at least twice in that one episode with the skylight and the water heater that wasn't fastened to the wall how they live in "earthquake country".

There were a couple good guests this week, Robert Wagner was a classy get and Greg Proops was magical as always. Also there's a phone discussion on today's show with a guy who's in the Buttcoins business if you need more reason to listen.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Oh nice, I'll have to check that one out, I haven't listened to Adam and Drew in a while. How easy was it to call in, were you on hold for long? Also who takes the calls, Matt or Gary or whoever is in the control room? I'm always curious as to what they do on the show besides Google 70's songs.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

WEAK and WILLING posted:

I didn't recognize the voice, so it must have been one of the nameless guys in the control room. It was pretty quick and easy process. I saw a tweet that they were taking calls and immediately called in with a question I had been wondering about for a while. I was only on hold for about 10 minutes or so, but that was because they picked my call first. It could have potentially taken another half hour had Drew been less interested in the topic.
drat yeah, Drew was into your question! Also very nicely done, I did not see that followup question coming. I haven't heard that particular topic discussed since Loveline.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

YES they finally had Tracy Morgan in the studio in person. He does not disappoint, I could listen to him for hours.

Why is my president being interviewed by the host of Family Feud? Richard Dawson never said nothin to NOBODY! Why didn't Pat SAJAK get an interview with somebody?

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 9, 2014

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Yeah if The Hammer wasn't a solid movie it'd be a lot more hypocritical. But it's good so he makes a pretty valid point.

Any idea when the script to Road Hard will be distributed to the backers? I haven't heard anything about it since the campaign started. Unless I misunderstood and it won't be available until after the movie is shot and everything, even though that wouldn't make a lot of sense.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

That's good news. Now maybe they'll show more of the actual building process. Right now it fees like 10 minutes of catching the guy followed by a quick 5 minute time lapse of the work being done.

Jo Koy hosted today's show in place of Adam. It's really really funny, the guy is great.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Adam was on the Chris Jericho podcast today and was talking about his start into podcasting. The story has changed quite a bit from what I remember.. and I've been listening from day one.

He days he was basically podcasting since he left Loveline with people listening online, and that he told everyone he was starting a podcast on his radio show before it went off.

Obviously he's going to minimize Donny's involvement.. but I'd thought it was Donny's idea, Adam was in the dark about internet broadcasts, and it was Donny who explained it and got him going. Jesus, it took forever before he understood the concept of it being free instead of a subscription.

Does any radio listeners recall this announcement? If not, this is the first time I recall him describing his podcast beginnings like this.
He may be talking about the fact that the morning radio show he did on KLSX after leaving Loveline was put online as a podcast. I'd bet good money though that at the time he didn't care or know much about it, if he was even aware of it at all. It was kinda crazy actually, they'd put up the entire 2-hour+ morning show as a podcast every weekday, without commercials or anything. I don't know how that made sense economically, but hey, terrestrial radio. Probably a lot of it was due to even fewer people knowing or caring what the hell a podcast was at the time, so I don't imagine their bandwidth was too expensive.

That's when I started listening though, right before the show got shut down, I'd heard he had a morning show and it could be downloaded online. I definitely remember hearing him talking in the last couple shows about how he was going to start recording something for the fans of the radio show and put it online, and that's when I followed him over. It was definitely Donny guiding him through the first year or so, he didn't have much of a clue what he was doing.

So it's probably just him summarizing the story as well as he can without talking about Donny, who he hasn't mentioned since their big fallout.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Aww, Adam's back already :( Hopefully there will be more rounds of guest hosts soon.
That Jack Silver bit truly is something to behold. The more you hear them tell stories about Jack Silver, the more exaggerated it sounds, but no, apparently he's exactly like that.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

visuvius posted:

Uhhhh is it me or did Asa Akira say some crazy dumb poo poo on today's show?
I don't remember anything, what stood out to you? I thought it was pretty interesting.

Aisha Tyler is guest hosting today's episode, that should be really good.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Oh yeah, that's how I heard that too, that she was saying "evolved" in the sense that they don't want to have their nuts stomped on.

Aisha Tyler hosted today and it was great, it seemed to go by too fast. I always mean to listen to her podcast more. Also, that's the most video game talk the Adam Carolla show will ever see.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Whoah, I guess today it's the Jerry Springer show? That's a name I haven't heard in forever.

If you haven't listened in a while, I'd recommend checking out the guest host episodes, they've been really interesting for a change of pace.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Oh gently caress yeah Dana Gould is the guest host today. Maybe that means he has time to make another episode of the Dana Gould hour soon!

Also it looks like the Adam and Drew show is having guest hosts lately. Anyone listened to any?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Good to hear that Dana Gould seems to be moving into the acceptance stage regarding his divorce too. There were hardly any suicide jokes!

Mark Geragos seems like a pretty good dude, I really liked his episode as well. Even as a lawyer he comes across as a much more compassionate human being than Adam, as evidenced by the death penalty talk. The anarchy thing is weird, but hey, it takes all kinds

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

And speaking of Dana Gould, there's a new Dana Gould Hour up, and this one is weighing in at 2 hours and 55 minutes :getin:

The threads for these kinds of shows always fall into the archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Barry Katz is the best. He's like some kind of droll Buddha, he's super mellow but cuts right to the heart of things, and manages to do it in a really gentle and humorous way. I don't think Adam liked being called "angsty" though. I really want to hear the podcast he's going to do with Adam, it's not up yet so I don't know when that will be. Industry standard, man.

If you've never heard him before, he's the manager for Jay Mohr and a bunch of other comedians. Jay's had him on his podcast several times, which is where I think he was introduced to the world at large.