Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I only started listening to Adam-era Loveline recently. I'm not really surprised that 20+ years later Adam would go to the right, but then I noticed Dr Drew is now on rumble:

Drew was lamenting to the twitter gimmick guy about doctors being "silenced" over covid. It's a shame, because as of 2001 he was constantly warning about the deadly consequences of medical misinformation. In a 1989 episode he called in to argue with sex cultist Wilbur Tracey for telling people that men couldn't get HIV from women. It went on for nearly a half hour before Tracey stormed out and Drew demanded the host dedicate the next episode to quashing that myth.

It's just a bummer. Maybe certain celebs get it into their head that since they became famous at one point while offending old people, then the angry letters must be correlated with their best years. But now it's no longer offensive to half the country to defend premarital sex and birth control, and having a show that is deemed "safe" is the equivalent of getting stale, old, out of touch etc

je1 healthcare fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Grand Fromage posted:

Doctors seem especially prone to it, I think having a genuine expertise can sometimes go bad and lead you to think that well I am great at heart surgery so therefore I must be a genius so therefore I understand politics too.

This was the reason Adam often gave for why nurses tend to go insane and see themselves as bulletproof experts in medicine, parenting, relationships, politics etc

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Medullah posted:

Yeah like when my family rants on Facebook on how the 50s were a golden time, but also complain about why taxes are so much higher now than they were then. Like...no.

And also LGBTQ didn't exist back then either!

Not just the 50s, people seem to think the 80s-90s were idyllic despite crime rates being 4x higher.

"I have NEVER seen New York city as dangerous as it is today- because I grew up sheltered in 1992 and now have a device where people profit by showing me endless clips of looters. Why can't we go back to before we had all this racial divide? No I never heard of the LA riots"