Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

no choice but to get it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

that tax lien's not a chair

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

drew you know who knows about tax liens?
chief thunderbear.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Would the old adam rant against this one? I don’t think his viewpoints changed much I think he just landed on the stupidest side of things he could have.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

WEH posted:

I'm getting bored of old art bell eps at work, so im thinking about going back through loveline for the first time in a like a decade lol. probably going to start with DAG eps, but id love other recs

I think around 2002-2005 is the greatest stretch of the show, but Adam does start checking out as he approaches the end of his run. Be prepared to hear lots of truly terrible and outdated advice.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I have never really listened to the Noory version but my dad does - from what I’ve heard, my impression is that he basically just lets people ramble on about whatever they want with 0 pushback.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

When I was 19 I ate six boiled peyote buttons and stayed up all night but felt no effect

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Tweak posted:

In searching for more info I learned that his guests last week were Kim Guilfoyle and Greg Gutfeld, and Dr Drew is apparently either an anti-vaxxer or at the very least pushing anti vax conspiracy theories in light of Damar Hamlin's collapse last night.

What the gently caress happened to these people

edit: I may have been duped about the guests but not Drew

This isn’t new for Drew, he was on the “COVID is a big fake hoax” train pretty early on

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

That’s super fan giovanni to you, pal

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I hated when he stopped putting stuff on loveline tapes in favor of the podcast releases with his BS.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

it’s the cool shoes actually

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

pangstrom posted:

I am trying to picture the documentary and all my brain can give me is like those sports and pop culture videos that are essentially a list ("top 10 most influential memes" maybe) featuring C-level comedians doing riffs about each entry.

imagining the VH1 show in a few years where one of the mentioned comedians unironically says “dicks out for harambe? that changed the meme game”

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

IIRC he was posting a bunch of videos and pictures on twitter at the height of COVID of himself and a large group of people in a restaurant and people started calling him out and he said he was using a little UV light to check the cleanliness and then he posted that he got COVID like 2 days later

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

lol of course he was loving shilling something

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

got to get it on

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

oh I’m just thinking about the holocaust

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

have him say the n word again

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

there are no other health problems anymore, you are either in perfect health or received the covid vaccine

e: also funny that this conspiracy theory seems to include erratic set behavior as part of the vaccine effects, a very strange thing to come from the man who demanded a private jet and torpedoed the ending of miami vice

holefoods fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 3, 2023

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Leno can’t possibly need more money

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Been listening to old Lovelines and in an episode from 2002 Adam dropped that he listens to Dennis Prager every day. He brought it up to say he disagreed with him on something but man the signs really were there all along.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Patrick Warburton? Come on Sampson, don’t do me like that.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

mark immune posted:

Comedy museum

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

but why would americans think the helmet is a chair?

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

The mason jar thing was the most harmless kind of prank caller they got, really. Way better than that weird woman who called in for months pretending to be horribly abused in various ways after admitting she made it all up.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

rotinaj posted:

Dr Drew was the guy who sat on a jar on camera and shattered it in his butt, it all makes sense

it’s why he insists that you immediately go to the doctor if theres any blood on the paper at all

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

drat I was hoping for some new hot gossip

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

the aceman paying $32k a month in child support feels like some sort of poetic justice, wonder how quickly he bails on it

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

There were definitely some awkward clashes with Anderson back in the loveline days, too. Drew seems good at not agitating him further or taking his bait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I got on the after disaster once when Anderson was doing that. I asked how they (I don’t remember who did it with him, was it Mike?) got into radio and they immediately hung up on me and made fun of me because my voice cracked, then they realized it was a legitimate question and gave some backstory