Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yet another example of how Adam and Drew have swapped everything in the past decade. Bad radio used to be Drew's specialty, damnit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy poo poo, The Amazing Jonathan was on the podcast? I'll have to go and listen to that one, he used to be one of my favorites back when I was a kid and his one stand-up half hour would repeat every once in a while on Comedy Central.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What's sad about everyone mentioning how the show can be made significantly better is that I know just how impossible any of those things would be to get done. Forcing Bald Bryan to shut the gently caress up completely and cut about 90% of his drops out? Removing the FORCED 'segments' format of the podcast, removing with it the terrible loving 30-second intros and outros for each that are obnoxious, annoying, and downright infuriating to me? NOT doing the standard conservative shitbag move of complaining about your competition doing something as you do it yourself (the not knowing jack poo poo about your guests thing being a good example there)? Giving Allison a lot more room to work with, as she is definitely the smartest person in the room as well as someone who knows how to do 'good radio'? Ugh. All of this pisses me off to no end, because I actually LIKE Adam every once in a while when he produces something funny. It's just the other 98% of the time, and his personal life where he's clearly an enormous piece of poo poo to Drew and Ray, his friends, and Lynette. Also where he goes on FoxNews and is turning into Dennis Miller, someone who was funny as hell with a ton of potential who lost roughly 40 IQ points and took the easy road to money by tapping into the market of America's 'persecuted' right-wingers. Christ, he's an atheist who couldn't stop talking about sex education, birth control, and abortion rights because of how terrible overpopulation is as a societal ill. Now somehow he agrees about how Christians just need help to stop being the persecuted majority with 100% of the power as they quash women's rights and eliminate any semblance of sex education? Again: Ugh. It's sad to see just how far he's fallen.

The Oprah Magazine stuff, by the way? Fan-TASTIC!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

visuvius posted:

I like Brad Williams, I really do. I saw his breakout gig thing at a comedy festival thing put on by the local radio station and he tore it up next to some heavy hitters. Thing is, anytime anyone brings him up Carolla always has to pipe in about how it's great that Brad Williams isn't a schticky comedian that just talks about whatever their "thing" is. He is EXACTLY this type of comedian. I don't get it. Pretty much all his jokes somehow relate to being short, being a little person, little person sex or some related thing. I had this complaint about Brad Williams before he was ever on the Carolla podcast so when Adam mentioned that I was annoyed as poo poo.

Yet another example of Adam actually knowing nothing about his guest or being flat-out wrong even if he does.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I hope someone who's pretty good about checking out each new piece of content can post if there's more news on Adam and his marriage, as I'm stupidly interested in the drama of his life a lot more now that he's fallen to being someone I legitimately consider to be a 'bad person' with his conservatism and behavior from the past handful of years. If he or Lynette make some big news about a divorce, I'd love to know about it without having to suffer through each day's podcast and all.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Gotta get it on, MANDATE to get it on. Every time he says it, I realize just how dumb Adam really is, because when he originally started saying that, it was to mock radio personalities who would say such stupid things. It was ironic. Now it's not. Now it's a rote phrase he regurgitates every show. It's just so loving sad.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus loving Christ, I don't know if I can get through this Kathy Lee Gifford episode. A grown woman who repeatedly calls her father 'daddy', which infantile, ALMOST as much as her constant mentions of god are. Adam mentions Dennis Prager as someone who is 'full of wisdom', classy as gently caress and totally not the opposite of the case in reality.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Being born poor and not being able to magically overcome the vast odds set against escaping poverty is a personal failing.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Grant DaNasty posted:

Does anyone else struggle with the decision whether to keep listening to Adam? I've been listening to his main show and Adam & Drew Show for a long while now, and most of the time I enjoy it. It's great that I have a daily podcast to listen to at work, and there are several times where he's made me laughed out loud.

But he keeps saying poo poo and that infuriates me to no end. "You see, some bullying is good. Fat kids need to be made fun of so they'll have incentive to lose weight." "Poor people don't deserve healthcare." "Edward Snowden is a traitor. If you're not a terrorist you have nothing to worry about if the government spies on you." And then today on Adam & Drew he even offended Dr. Drew by saying "Half the people in this city came here on loving donkey from Tijuana and they don't even read. Half the people in this town are so loving dumb."

I keep coming back because most of the time I find him funny, but it just keeps getting closer to that point where I'm going to have to unsubscribe.

You should do as I did and ditch this right-wing shitheaded trash entirely. Loveline was great. Modern Adam and Drew are not. There's 50 podcasts out there that are worth listening to before this one. If you haven't listened to every (or even just the episodes with someone interesting to you) Nerdist, WTF, YMIW, and anything by anyone else you end up liking a lot, you should start there. It'll be years before you're caught up entirely, as opposed to needing to suffer. Also, The Bugle. 100% The Bugle, need to listen to that poo poo, cannot recommend it enough.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Sieg posted:

Most of the time you enjoy it and most of the time you find it funny. What is the problem? Comedians say stupid and offensive things to get a laugh.

To get a laugh is different from 'because they believe what they're saying wholeheartedly and literally despise everyone who's not as rich as they are and as white as they are.' Adam and right-wing comedians are vile because they're LEGITIMATELY attacking those who are disadvantaged and less powerful than they are. Adam is kicking people while they're down for a laugh. Not even for a laugh, really. Just because he hates them.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97pwuQw-dYE I also didn't know that Adam defended Zimmerman, which is an immediate, 100%, no argument, no qualification, no possibly justification stamp of racism. Not just racism, but of outright MURDER ALL BLACKS. If I believed for a second that there was even the tiniest shred of this being one of the many obvious stances Adam's taken in order to pander to the conservatives in America in order to get more money (because nothing else matters to him, we all know that at this point), I'd be slightly more forgiving. But holy poo poo. Just so disgusted by him. And one of the funniest things about the earlier comments about how bad the sponsors Adam shills for? He has complete control over who he accepts money from. This isn't like his radio show, where he's contractually obligated to do spots for whatever the station execs have sorted out-- he's in the captain's chair! He chose to dive down a well of poo poo after a nickle. Also, check out the comments in that video if you wanna see what Adam's pandering to. Outright racism all over, not even ATTEMPTS at concealing it somewhat. Just flat out 'I wish all black people were lined up in front of me so that I could execute them en masse for White America!' poo poo.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
If Bald Bryan were Black Bryan, he'd already be Dead Bryan.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I was going through recent episodes, and noticed that, yep, Adam still doesn't understand podcasting, the internet, all that. "Re-airing" old podcast episodes? Dear god.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I did not think Dawson could've been anyone but a 20-something bro. That's incredible.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

RightClickSaveAs posted:

He was especially bothered recently because his family was ziplining in Catalina while he was stuck filming in a bathroom all day. That sounds made up but is a thing, they went to Catalina by helicopter to ride ziplines.

He really doesn't seem terribly invested in the show but it sounds like it will be fun to watch. It's a good idea, all the drama and hysterics of reality TV, especially the "catch a predator" angle, with some home improvement and hopefully a few good dick jokes thrown in courtesy of the Aceman.

He could've been with them instead of enlisting on a show he didn't end up enjoying doing, too. He could've, because he's a literal millionaire and has more money than he could possibly spend now. Yet he went chasing nickles instead of spending time with his wife and kids. Seems kinda dickish.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

RightClickSaveAs posted:

That Jack Silver bit truly is something to behold. The more you hear them tell stories about Jack Silver, the more exaggerated it sounds, but no, apparently he's exactly like that.

He's so loving awful, it's hard to imagine having that idiot try to dispense advice on how to do a comedy show all the time without shouting at his retarded rear end. I'm listening to the Nerdist appearances of Adam's, and he has the great story about Jack Silver's idiocy on there about how he wanted no Joel McHale, no Zach Galifianakis on there. Great insights, they're truly unpopular nobodies now.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy crap, Natasha Leggero and Moshe Kasher (Moshie Koshie; Moisie Kaiser) are today's guest hosts. This show owns so loving hard when Adam Carolla isn't on it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You know what I find amazing after listening to Adam Carolla Podcast (or anything from the *CAROLLA DIGITAL NETWORK!*) is just how loving much Adam advertises. I mean, in the Natasha Leggero and Moshe Kasher guest-hosting episode I just reached the second sponsor interruption. One at the beginning, 3 minutes there, then another pair at the mid-way point for 3:30 there. Compare this to Nerdist. One at the very beginning, in the pre-show segment. That's it. You Made It Weird I can't remember any for. The Bugle? None at all. Although I GUESS Adam's been open about how much this is about money for him, it still seems excessive since the alternatives are just awesome in comparison.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Wow, I saw Adam did an AMA on Reddit the other day and I figured I'd read through it. Absolute, complete garbage with an average word count of 2 for each response. It was pathetic. I mean, I didn't think it was going to be great, but Woody Harrelson's Rampart-plugging AMA debacle pales in comparison to this in shittiness of quality.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's one of the worst things, seeing someone with such talents waste them. Dennis Miller was funny once, if anyone can recall before 9/11. His change was less gradual than Adam's, though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
They deserve to lose the patent and be forced to pay up everything legally possible.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
http://np.reddit.com/r/AdamCarolla/comments/2c6yfe/there_may_be_a_mole_in_our_midst_the_curious_case/

So here's something interesting: One of the people at Personal Audio, LLC had to go and make a fake account on Reddit and pose as a Carolla fan in order to attempt to astroturf some anti-lawsuit opinion. They really, really fear the possibility of this going forward.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Ariza posted:

Sorry, I guess I just needed to get on my high horse for a second and take offense to something today. Carolla is mostly annoying in everything he champions anymore and I particularly hate how much he says his line hasn't changed throughout his career. He really needs some humility, and I think once Lynette leaves him and takes the kids and his fortune finally drains, we'll get the old Adam back.

You can strongly prove that point in a single move just by pulling up those loving Dennis Prager shows he did. Check this track list (or summary of topics, whatever you wanna call it) here:

quote:

01 - Adam Carolla Opening
02 - Introductions
03 - Optimism, Pessimism and Parents
04 - Little League and Jewish Food
05 - The Death Penalty
06 - Marriage and Trust
07 - Psychology and Religion
08 - Israel
09 - Trying to Convert Adam
10 - Would Adam Go to Heaven

11 - No American Flag Outside Charter School
12 - Are Hitler and Mother Teresa Enjoying the Same Eternity
13 - Will Adam Narrate Dennis' Audiobook
14 - Scientific Advances vs 2000 Year Old Texts
15 - What Does Adam Tell His Kids About God

16 - Introductions (Show 2)
17 - Balance and Broadcasting
18 - Welfare
19 - Vices and the Differences Between Men and Women
20 - Hitler and Stalin
21 - What is Evil to an Atheist
22 - Adam and Dennis Together in Heaven

23 - Why Does Hollywood Lean Left
Now, I only bolded the 'Adam would have never tolerated questions this loving retarded in the Loveline days' ones. You can see that half of them are bullshit conservative political issues. This is what Adam really wanted to spend his time doing: Talking about displaying the American flag outside of charter schools and about how welfare is bad with a far-right-wing Christian fundamentalist retardate.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No outcome of that trial could've made Adam as poor as 99.999% of the people who listen to him on a regular basis.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Actually seems more like an underestimation. I doubt anyone successful listens to him. I know that Sarah Silverman went from keeping up with him to refusing to even appear on the show since he doesn't even let his guests speak, even when they're personal friends.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No, the point is that he could've continued the lawsuit to even its worst end and still been well-off. He wasn't in any financial harm.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No, I just think he really should go back to living off 30 grand a year, see how his poo poo attitude and politics change.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Davie Choe is just a regular guy who lucked into being a millionaire for doing something (graffiti, at the start) that millions never get a penny for doing. See also: Adam Carolla, a guy who isn't any different from any other radio host, yet stands out due to the luck of the draw.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
THE POOOOR
NEED TO BE TURNED INTO OIL!!!
TO POWER THE CARS!!!
OF THE RICH!!!!!

"That sounds like genocide, Adam."

Yep, she got canned for that reason, I'm thinking.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, hey! There's an episode with Patton Oswalt on it? I guess I'll actually download an episode, for once. I can't miss Patton on any venue, even Adam's. Last episodes I downloaded was the one with Jimmy Dore, who he was surprisingly cordial with, considering Jimmy has about double Adam's IQ and is a liberal (coincidentally!).

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"I think it's safe to say that if an object resembling a dong ruined your Christmas, your Christmas was on thin ice already."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
She didn't say goodbye to him at a Christmas party. Only Adam Carolla could bring that up and pretend he's not the rear end in a top hat for bringing that up.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Dennis Miller has become so much of a partisan one-sided idiotic hack since 9/11 that this sounds little better than Adam teaming up with any random FoxNews host. Hell, probably worse. Pre-9/11 Dennis Miller was loving amazing, though. His HBO show is worth watching still to this day.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So there's an actual embargo on her from Adam from the top saying that nobody who works at TACS or Ace Podcasting can go on her show? Nice guy, Carolla!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

HotCarl posted:

I doubt Adam actually said anything, because that would require him to talk to his employees. Rather, I think the ACS crew know they are walking on thin ice all the time and think that if they continue to be on ARIYNBF, it would get them fired.

He's a good person not in need of therapy for his massive personality issues he radiates out.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Unsurprising that the full story shows Adam being an enormous hunk of greedy loving poo poo worse than anyone previously imagined to be the case. Ugh. What a completely disgusting rear end in a top hat.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Sarah Silverman said her main reason for never going on Adam's show again was because it's pointless and you don't even talk. That there are guests who don't want to get sucked into Adam's right-wing hate speech is a new one that I'm glad is getting pointed out, though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Probably every single non-white person who could be in his audience. Which, given the views he spews, is likely very few.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Your couch can't be a racist, for it is an inanimate object. [/over-literal guy]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, the hate he has for poor people is absolutely the worst part of him. It's just pathological.