Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I for one have enjoyed Bald Bryan since the radio days. I've never understood the vitriol he (or Theresa) receives by people on message boards, here or the carolla ones. Bald Bryan so rarily speaks compared to Alison and obviously Adam that I just imagine some people waiting to be very angry that 30 seconds of an hour and a half podcast was "ruined" by him opening his mouth, funny or not. I get much angrier at things Adam does (run poo poo into the ground, have terrible opinions) than anything a sound drop does to the show. I will concede that the, "Lets drink some beers and rape!" drop I was reminded of during the Bryan Cranston rerun was terrible, though.

Unrelated, but I heeded other's advice and listened to the Ace on the House with Snake as well as some Dr Drew podcasts with Ray/Chris and Lynette and they were all excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I skip the live shows but otherwise listen to the rest, unless it is Baldywood I don't notice him speaking terribly much and certainly not to the point of the shows detriment. I would say 10-20 seconds is certainly an exaggeration, but maybe since I'm OK with him speaking I'm not taking note of every time he makes a sound and gritting my teeth through it.

And I wholeheartedly disagree with him not being good at re-enactments with Adam.

Tweak fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 6, 2013

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Complaining about the podcast (especially rehashed ones) is really just our own homage to Adam.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Not to mention it was in fact a lovely point Adam was making. How many times has he and Dr Drew complained about people not trusting their doctors because of what they read on the internet?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I hope it out sells even extremely optimistic numbers just so all of your heads explode with rage.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I look forward to his quips and find them quite humorous since I'm not already seething over him having the audacity to speak at all. I am thankful he was there for the two wrestlers on in the past week, and would take Bollywood over hearing the same Carolla SoaD story for the millionth time.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Err, but it was Adam who made it a point to have Bryan talk about his experience, specifically. It wasn't like Bryan butted in during another 20 minute Jo Koy talks like a stereotype bit to do so.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

The last Adam and Dr Drew was an amazing compilation of all the ways Adam has changed since the loveline days. I couldn't finish it.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Carolla's Rams just basically lost because of a missed field goal that maybe went over the top of the goal post. Looking forward to the next episode!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

So is it a joke now that people like DAG and Jo Koy seem less than enthused about doing the same bit every time they're on or is Adam just not aware enough to know? Considering how often he rehashes old stories/rants constantly I can't figure out if he thinks it is fresh each time or not.

I do laugh anytime either happen however, but it is because I think about his old, "comedy factory not warehouse" rant.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Considering Drew has repeatedly mentioned how much he enjoyed Bryan's book I'm guessing good.

I completely stopped listening to the Adam & Drew podcast as it is everything people have complained about above just concentrated and without a guest or the news to keep him from going on too long. I waver on listening to the regular podcast, though I still do it mostly daily out of habit. The skip ahead button works great for when Adam forces Joy Koy to do the same exact bit for 10 minutes or if Adam starts on an ignorant political/"crafted a society" rant.

Really it's beginning to seem more like if I need to listen to his nasally drone without being annoyed, the random loveline streams are the best options I have available. The only caveat there is getting annoyed when he rants against something on loveline that he has done a complete 180 on during the podcast. The most recent example was on a loveline episode where he complained about how awful cash advance places are and that "Manson has better karma" than the guys who open them. Sooo what about the guys that promote them?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

It would have been fantastic to hear about how difficult and terrible buttcoin is from Adam after the campaign is over and they can't for the life of them actually attain the, "money" that was donated (Bryan's coin + 3 people donating a sum of .25). My guess though is since they had the guy who runs coinbase on any withdrawals will be fast tracked unlike what a normal random user would experience.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

iTunes cut it short but the player on his website has the last 8 minutes which you can skip right to.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I just wish Adam would take a cue that there has been a lot of good pod lately that was without forcing the same stupid loving bits every week (except for the Rotten Tomatoes game aka best game).

Tweak fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 11, 2014

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I expect that kid who called in today to be picked up by the Ace broadcasting network.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

In the last month she had to sit and listen to either racist or hand wavy arguments regarding murder, the resulting complaints about protests by citizens/athletes, and a guest insinuate for about 20 minutes that Janay Rice was partially at fault for getting knocked out with Adam not disagreeing. I'm sure there was more to it than that, but it couldn't have helped. Then again Adam is routinely hypocritical (look at how happy he was with himself to let Conway say goodbye), so I wouldn't put it past him to can someone for not lining up with his ideology.

It would be fantastic if Adam would hire someone as intelligent as Teresa/Alison AND is willing to challenge Adam on his lovely and simplistic political views, but I won't hold my breath. Best we get is Bryan challenging him on coffee prices or iPhone design choices and all that amounts to is yelling.

Medullah posted:

I look forward to the introduction of the next young Teresa Strasser.

this is 100% on point and hilarious, I wonder if he even notices (his wife probably does, as did Teresa)

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

followed immediately by, "here's why i'm such a hero for letting Conway say good-bye"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

And she's starting IVF soon, right? Probably would have been nice to get a salary bump to start it comfortably and not worry about it bankrupting you before the kid(s) do.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Social Animal posted:

When he said that she wasn't a good side kick my jaw dropped. No way it took you three years to come to that conclusion. I knew right then there was some other reason for it.

I guess we'll have to wait until Allison explains it on her own podcast sometime in the future.

Carolla basically just rehashed what he said regarding Danny's departure. Comedy Factory, not a warehouse!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

what a colossal coward

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

"yea i guess that was lovely of me, huh? MOVING ON"

i don't know what i expected, his email excuse just reminds me of the inane kevin smith debacle

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

wait i'm sorry what reasonable explanation was "predicted?" he came off like a flippant dick about it, but at least admitted (however sincere ace man can get) that he hosed up the execution, and she deserved better. while it would have been fun to hear there was some sort of juicy issue behind it i think most people were on the side of, "well it's your show i guess, but why are you such an rear end in a top hat about it?"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

yea thank god adam never talks about his dog

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Adam was on Rich Eisen's (much better) show the other day, and it appears that the next episode of take a knee will include him. After all his, "dance monkey" rants regarding talk shows, I wonder if it ever occurs to him it's what he does to Jo Koy/DAG/et all. He was asked to talk about goal posts & the replay gimp, though I was pleasantly surprised he had more to add football related after his default patriots remark.

Tweak fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 9, 2015

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I think it's a little unfair to say she only brought up depressing news stories when the last couple months have been nothing but depressing news stories everywhere. I understand it's a comedy show, but it seems weird if the segment on, "current news" only focuses on some goofy poo poo that happened to a nobody in rando town USA.

edit: then again if one of my main problems with the show is Adam's constant stream of terrible and depressing political opinions, maybe they should just focus on Germany or Florida like stories.

Tweak fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 9, 2015

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Fascinating to go from a week of, "lets keep it classy" to, "she's a lovely person." Guess those subs went from a glide to a freefall

edit: jfc he clearly ran out of reasons that were understandable very quickly and needed to be petty (and somehow not be bothered by every instance being something bryan did as well)

Tweak fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 12, 2015

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I pretty much believe everything Alison says about Carolla's key points, especially since the rest of his points were so petty that it was obvious he just needed *reasons* in an attempt to save face. It's nice to know what really happened, but all I learned was Carolla is a huge rear end in a top hat and that's clear to anyone who listen's to Carolla. Maybe I learned he's even a bigger rear end in a top hat than I thought, oh and that Dr. Drew is 100% right when he points out how scared everyone who works there is.

I laughed pretty hard that allegedly a couple people tried to convince him to not go on the offensive against Alison (who wasn't doing anything) and his response was, "you're an idiot I know what I'm doing." It seemed like at the time of that show, and now after hearing about him threatening to fire anyone who still associates with Alison, that he blames the fan backlash on her. As opposed to, you know, himself for handling it in the worst way possible, letting her stay on for so long if the fit truly wasn't good, and oh having a show that has been dropping in quality for months. THANKS A LOT ALISON

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

As Alison also mentioned, it's apparently an open secret there that a lot of people don't want to go on Carolla's show because of his politics/opinions (or possibly because you just sit there and watch him talk, as Doug Benson points out often), so his pool of potential guests is constantly leaking which means THE PEOPLE DEMAND BUNG LU SU.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

he is pretty racist tho, despite his superb defense of, "i'm so racist, i'm actually not racist" like, i get it, you should be able to joke about whatever you want, but at this point he's either a super hack or is just hiding behind some of his real opinions with, "just joshin' guys."

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

but despite that he is pretty racist though

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

carolla probably has more hatred for poor people but whoo boy dont be poor AND black

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

when did this become a thread on reddit

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i had always thought adam wanted gina to be a permanent replacement that first week, and just had auditions in case anyone was obviously better/gina couldn't because of radio commitments.

plus he probably didn't want to ruin his streak of terrible decisions

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if the movie continues its current trend on rotten tomatoes, look out for a new* rant to appear every single time they play the rotten tomatoes game

* - j/k it'll just be the same rant about people not liking his prior work and judging his new work based on that (hilariously some of the reviews mention that in spite of his prior work, this is good)

Tweak fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 6, 2015

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

considering you have to be an adam carolla fan to even know this movie exists, it should be of no surprise that the user score is higher than the critics

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

3/14 is a solo podcast of hers where she rebuts a little bit more the ridiculous, "reasons" adam had for firing her, but that's the only episode of late i'm aware of. from what i understood, she basically wanted very badly to just not have to go into that poo poo anymore, but i guess she was tired of conversations on her podcast abruptly stopping because of her ~morals~ or something.

it's pretty much what you probably guessed, adam is an autistic rear end in a top hat who made up a bunch of flimsy/false reasons because he realized he didn't have that many (if any) legitimate ones for his tell all podcast episode

edit: although my favorite part was her pointing out (like most of us probably have) that when when adam complains about how people are out to get the rich, he isn't remotely close to the rich they're referring to.

Tweak fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 20, 2015

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i'm pretty sure but not postive that was the first episode in a while that she directly broached the subject

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

JGdmn posted:

To introduce a weekly segment, yes.

a weekly segment of commenting on adam's terrible lies and exaggerations? i must have missed that announcement i guess

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

JGdmn posted:

Yeah, on Thursday. The one labelled "a new segment". With the song. Like I said in my first post.

I'm not saying Adam isn't worse, because he obviously is. But Alison has gone quite a bit off the rails, and her doing this just to boost ratings is pretty sad.

oh you're totally right, i hadn't heard that episode yet. i'm conflicted, though i'm still very much on the gently caress carolla train because of her and his show lately in general, i can see your point. i'm curious if it is actually going to be a reoccurring segment, since the well can't be that deep for her.

unfortunately i'm probably the target audience, since i can't help but be drawn to drama

edit: also mangria does not taste great, but i also don't like sangria

Tweak fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

he certainly tried to play it up as doing her a favor, at least until he decided he needed to drag her through the mud for no good reason

if you want to hear a SCATHING review of road hard while bryan is forced to sit and chuckle along without saying anything, check out the first 15 minutes or so of Film Vault from friday. it's hilarious to hear adam has the same opinion of directing as he does acting (it's a non skill), and is terrible at both.