Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Adam has sacked Gina and Bald Bryan and is planning on leaving California

I can see him moving to Florida and becoming a Desantis supporter.

I listen to the Film Vault, Bryan's other podcast, and it's frustrating how he was still working for Adam and wouldn't say anything bad about him. Hopefully that changes and he opens up a bit about how insane he's become

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ralph Hurley posted:

Did he email them this news over Christmas?

I just watched a Youtube video where he talked about it, he specifically said "Did it in person, no emails this time". I'd say he learned from Alison butttttt

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ralph Hurley posted:

The only other source of this I could find was on some gun forum full of trump loving psychos. I guess that’s his audience these days. Yeesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpDOONtsvkM

This is what I watched.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oooh a more uncut Carolla, good to know he's been censoring himself.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tweak posted:

I always sort of read Bryan as mostly collecting a paycheck, but also just holding his tongue instead of pushing back too hard on his friend who helped him with his cancer. At best not a complete chud? Just someone that looks the other way instead of challenging his friend who is prone to yelling loudly. After giving up on Adam I listened to the Film Vault for a while and it always annoyed me that if Anderson tried to talk poo poo about Adam/Adam's views, Bryan ignored it or stuck up for him.

I vaguely recall Bryan (and Alison? Teresa?) trying to challenge Adam's just garbage tier opinion of a police killing and naturally Adam blew up about it

Yeah the show was at it's best with Bryan, Adam and Teresa. It pretty much represented all sides, Teresa far left, Adam starting to drive far right and Bryan being a bit more in the middle, but he's definitely liberal. They actually had somewhat decent conversations and listened to each other. Unfortunately once Teresa left it all went downhill, I loved Alison but he steamrolled over her and I stopped listening when he fired her.

I do listen to the Film Vault here and there, I'm hoping we get some real talk now, but I suspect he'll still keep his mouth shut since he'll be going back on the show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

UP AND ADAM posted:

Y'all remember Giovanni, the dude who took crazy deluded ownership of the loveline archives and constantly lashed out at other attempts at sharing the episodes? Perfectly normal, perfectly healthy.

Hey, I'm actually friends with the dude who records all of the results of Bryan and Anderson's gambling on the Film Vault. They'd thank him weekly but it took literally years for me to realize it was the same name heh.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ralph Hurley posted:

I remember a sage bit of Aceman advice that the key to a happy family life where no one gets on anyone’s nerves is to simply live in a 6000+ square foot house with a full time maid.

I mean, he's not entirely wrong. It's not everything, but having everyone crammed in a small place definitely sucks. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Sounds like Drew is now promoting anti-vax guy RFK Jr in case anyone was wondering how far he's fallen.

I mean, he was anti COVID vax from the beginning

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

parthenocarpy posted:

I mean I listen to archive shows from the 2000s and late 90s.

Get it on

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

WEH posted:

turns out drew really way just a love doctor

https://twitter.com/teresastrasser/status/1666478697128378369?s=20

Baffles me that of all the people who have abandoned the Ace man Teresa still talks positive about him. Though I guess I haven't listened to her in years, maybe she's moving away from being liberal and embracing the chuds like Adam

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

"Okay, once you find a couple of jokes you just need to repeat them ad nauseam while telling everyone you are a comedy factory not a warehouse"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pangstrom posted:

Yeah I eventually gave up on the Film Vault because, while I defended Bald all the time on the ACS, I found his movie takes often uh hard to appreciate. Anderson's were better though he talked in circles and tilted at windmills a lot. Agree it was WAY more listen-able than your average movie podcast, though, and they had pretty good chemistry. Bald probably got better after I stopped listening, too.

Anderson would say Bald was suckling at Carolla's teat a lot, and yeah Anderson had something like a mild case of oppositional defiant disorder, probably from his lovely dad, but I can't remember any specific instances.

I imagine it's tough for Bryan. He's mostly liberal based on his tweets and what he's talked about over the years, but he can't bring himself to say anything bad about Adam. Dude is responsible for his career and success in life. I was hoping his mask would drop a bit when he got fired from the ACS, but nope, he still guests on it. I think they're likely friends with an agreement to never talk politics.

Man I miss the early days of the show. Adam/Teresa got into some great arguments and had legit points on both sides of issues. But politics has become theater even more than it was back then nowadays.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Get it on

A passionate man

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Like, you could create something that is a parody of the Carolla show and it wouldn't be as bad as this looks holy poo poo.

GUYS WHAT IF A WOLF WAS VEGAN

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bartok posted:

That's not even an original joke. There is a vegan lion joke in the Popplers episode of Futurama.

Hey now sounds like someone is accusing Adam of being a joke warehouse instead of a joke factory

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

get it on, Lynette!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

JAnon posted:

agreed but at least Bob's Burgers is good

I always laugh when Facebook Memories shows me my post from when I was watching the premiere of Bob's Burgers "Wow, this show has god awful animation how can anyone watch it?".

Now one of my favorite shows heh

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

I’m having a hard time remembering why I listened to a guy with a 13 million dollar car collection complain about parking tickets for so long

I've listened to a few older episodes over the last few years and he was snappy, funny and even if he was a bit hypocritic he was sharp at pointing things out. He just fell into his own rear end.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Speaking of Anderson, I was listening to some Film Vault episodes and he's apparently doing real estate now. He's also working on a movie, but for some reason the idea of him selling houses makes me sad.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Schneider stopped being funny a long time ago, if he ever was. Once he went all in on political stuff and being a Trump lover he went from being unfunny to aggressively unfunny.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Diet SNL is a good way to describe MadTV, when I think of sketches I liked it’s always Kenny Rogers or Randy Newman and I realize wait I’m not a fan of the show I’m a fan of Will Sasso.

Are you still a fan after the George Carlin AI poo poo? Because I'm certainly not

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

They released a "new" George Carlin AI special that was supposedly "Written and performed by AI" but

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’ll concede while that was human written as a stunt, it was a dumb idea & they should have known better.

They came out later and admitted it was written by a human and just the George acting and voice was AI, but still disgusting.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Speaking of Anderson, is anyone else's brains having trouble processing that he's a realtor now? 10 years ago if you'd asked me what he'd be doing that would be pretty far down the list

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rick posted:

I think it’s this but also it’s how people THINK things were in their youth since it’s often pretty easy to just omit a lot of the bad of the past from memory.

Yeah like when my family rants on Facebook on how the 50s were a golden time, but also complain about why taxes are so much higher now than they were then. Like...no.

And also LGBTQ didn't exist back then either!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Also regardless of their knowledge of history, lots of honky rear end honkies are just terrified of dirty cities and the feral creatures living in them

And when you ask them how much time they have spent in a city, well, that seems hardly relevant, they have driven by cities plenty of times

Why would I need to go to the city to know they're full of trash, homeless people and crime? Next you're gonna tell me that the border isn't a madhouse with millions of criminal migrants flowing in every second.