Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Besides people that get paid by Adam there's no one on this earth that enjoys any of the musical jingles that introduce segments right???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Her podcast is really great for anyone on the fence.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Just a quick PSA, everyone be vury careful around furral cats.

What episode?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

You've been listening to too much Adam if you think basic human compassion is something stupid.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Just a head's up, the most recent Adam & Dr. Drew is 45 minutes of Adam arguing that racism is dead in America, that blacks need to shut up about it and get to bootstrapping. Not that that should surprise anybody here.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm really getting sick of Adam making GBS threads on everyone who doesn't own a home. The way he talks about us wretched renting cretins I think if it were up to him landowners would still be the only ones allowed to vote.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I laughed pretty hard in the most recent live episode when Adam was telling a story about his family, got hung up for a second and Alison jumped right in to remind him the name of his daughter. The timing was perfect.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Oh man yeah a Jim Jefferies podcast would have been a great fit. He just doesn't seem that motivated to expand the network that way. A perfect example of this is Jay Mohr's podcast, when Mohr first started it at one point he was very interested in doing it under Carolla's network, but Carolla's team (I think it was Mike) dragged his feet too long and Jay Mohr ended up just starting his own thing.

Minor nitpick but when Jay Mohr did get started it was under Kevin Smith's smodcast network- he's since migrated off of it to his own network now.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've been listening to this podcast for about 6 months or so and I've noticed the phrase "does/doing the math on that" working its way into my conversations recently and I'm okay with it :unsmith:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have many friends whose fathers call them friendly, loving names yet have very healthy relationships with them as normal, prospering adults.

I guess behind the scenes their fathers were literally throwing them across rooms at walls to build character whenever they mouthed off as children :rolleyes:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm the product of morally reprehensible races traitors and imo it's not racist at all to not be attracted to certain races. Everyone has their own personal preference for what get like and you have very little control over what your body reacts to. If your favorite color is green can you explain that or logically break that down? Of course not, it just "is".

That said, dating another race because you find them attractive but not wanting to have "black kids" around sounds pretty loving racist to me :frogbon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I dunno if any if you guys watch Bill Maher but the end of his most recent show was a 5 minute long rant about how California is the #1 best place on earth to be and is the source of all positive cultural movement. The whole time I couldn't help but wish Adam heard it. He'd never shut up about it for a year, easy.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Not so fast- he did get cancer.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

You should do as I did and ditch this right-wing shitheaded trash entirely. Loveline was great. Modern Adam and Drew are not. There's 50 podcasts out there that are worth listening to before this one. If you haven't listened to every (or even just the episodes with someone interesting to you) Nerdist, WTF, YMIW, and anything by anyone else you end up liking a lot, you should start there. It'll be years before you're caught up entirely, as opposed to needing to suffer. Also, The Bugle. 100% The Bugle, need to listen to that poo poo, cannot recommend it enough.
I wanna throw Uhh Yeah Dude in the mix in pro as gently caress podcasts. The Uhh Yeah Dawg thread is one of 3 or so threads in all of SA history where every single post-- and I mean every single post is positive and praises the show/latest ep. There is no negativity in there at all. Not that that's an indictment on this thread and its posters, just that that is the level of quality the podcast brings to its listeners every week (since 2006).

Uhh Yeah Doug thread

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I haven't listened to the podcast proper in a few months mostly because it just became too mean spirited and negative for me. But right now I'm 27min into the Natasha Leggero/Moshe Kasher ep and has to pause and post about it because wow this is loving good. Everyone is so upbeat, engaged, there's a ton of energy and it just generally sounds like everyone is having a lot of fun :)

I'm definitely going to check out the other guest-hosted shows afterwards so thanx for the recommendations!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah, that was it. Still - one room for both kids?

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever seen someone harp on about. They are children.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Looks like it's over: http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/09/showbiz/adam-carolla-podcast-settlement/index.html?hpt=hp_12

This though :staredog:

quote:

The deal was reached after the judge issued a ruling that limited Misraje's claim for damages from 2009 to 2012, the year Carolla fired him. Misraje had sought a share of the podcast profits until 2017.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tbh Alison was never a good fit for TACS but she is as far from the useless loving radio girl as you can get. She's really loving funny, knows how to riff and also when to let a bit end.

I always felt an unspoken tension with her and Adam about political stuff and I hope she finds something that fits her style better. She's way too talented to be held back by the obligatory "girl voice" role and she'll probably always do better being the host if her podcast is any indication.

Still feel bad for her though, always sucks to lose a gig and Adam is not exactly known for being sensitive with his staff. She'll probably never be mentioned again.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What would that do for Alison? I ask not in a smug way, I just do not know what the nerdist is or what podcast networks even do for anyone. Also lol what if Carolla tries to keep her podcast's name and staff via some legal spite. Could that be possible?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I cannot believe how brutal it must feel to be spoken about publicly as being "not a good sidekick" after having that job for like 5 years???

Not to mention bald Bryan still has a job and he is the most useless, white noise human being on the earth.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

They're like Walter White and Jesse.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

http://instagram.com/p/xf18NKHQP6/

quote:

Holy poo poo! Thanks, you guys! Wow. Feeling very moved by this outpouring of support and excited/energized about the future of my own show. I was probably as surprised as you guys were to get the news last week that I wouldn't be returning to ACS but I'm really thankful and proud of 4 years I spent on the show and glad I got to meet so many of you. This is an exciting new beginning.

gently caress Adam Carolla.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Adam might have a pirate poo poo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Niwrad posted:

I don't think firing her makes him an rear end in a top hat. If you want to go a different direction, it's his show and he can. Still think it's sort of silly to try and re-create a Morning Zoo radio show when those are dying all across the country.

I don't think anyone's calling him an rear end in a top hat for firing her, people are calling him an rear end in a top hat for the absolutely callous, pussy way he went about it.

Is it possible Alison had a falling out with Lynette, or made one little joke to/at her that hurt her delicate feelings and lead to her pressuring Adam to fire her? Would Lynette have that kind of clout with Adam? Yes I'm aware a wives have a lot of say to the husbands but Adam is Adam afterall.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I unsubscribed to ACD and Adam&Drew today, but just like the Howard Stern show even tho I will stop listening I'll for drat sure read this thread every day :v:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It took me a while to piece it together but Alison reacting much harder to her dog's death than most people makes sense considering she's having difficulty conceiving on top of that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Alison tweeted there was a lot of misinformation coming her way today that she will address on her show, but who knows how much of it was directly related to what Carolla said vs people just making poo poo up.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Holy poo poo, I just finished the episode where Adam explains why Alison got fired. Jesus Christ goons, you guys are insane maniacs with your theories. Where the gently caress did you even come up with this poo poo?

"Adam most likely sexually assaulted Allison and then fired her as a preemptive strategy to help him in the event of a lawsuit, so that he can claim she is just mad at being fired and made the whole thing up"

Hahaha, that is right up there with the goon theory of:

"The recoil from Zimmermans shot made his hands fly backwards, hitting himself in his face, and breaking his own nose in the process"

How the gently caress do you guys come up with this poo poo? I mean coming up with these theories is bad enough, but when several posters quote it going "yeah, this sounds pretty reasonable". Holy Jesus. :psyduck:

Sick job applying one dumb post to everyone in the thread and doing it like a month late just to get in your edgy goons goonS GOOOONS shitpost.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I haven't resubscribed but tbh I haven't listened to the show in many months anyway, not due to some conspiracy or personal vendetta as you're surely desperate to believe but I just slowly lost interest but moreover have had significantly less time to listen to podcasts than I did a year ago.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Adam made a pass at Larry Miller during a recording session.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dear Prudence posted:

I think something is going to give in Adam's life soon. I listen to his wife's podcast, For Crying Out Loud, and in the most recent episode she talked a lot about how bogged under work he is and it's effect on him and her and their family. She said he came home from New York and almost cried, saying stuff like "I have no quality of life. All I do is work and I hate it..." Lynette just had pretty major surgery about three weeks ago and he hasn't asked her at all how she's doing, how she's feeling, how she's healing, etc. She tried to talk to him once about it but he interrupted her to complain that there were no coffee grounds in the coffee maker the night before.

My guess is he's going to have a heart attack from all the stress or Lynette is going to leave him and he'll work himself to death.

That's pretty loving sad. Though I could see Adam as seeing Lynette's """"""""""""problem""""""""""" of having little personal life because all she does is work as a privilege.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

JGdmn posted:

In short, they are both autistic narcissists and it's probably best for both of them to not work together.

This seems needlessly harsh- things were said about her that she felt were out of line and untrue so she addressed them. That makes someone a crazy weirdo now? :psyduck:

The only thing I can think of that really made me go :stare: about her was her treating the death of her dog she had for like a year or two like the death of a child/close family member and moping about it for months. I love dogs but even I rolled my fuckin eyes hard when she kept saying she was having a "bad Oliver day" months and months later.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

+ it's just a dog you can buy a new one anywhere.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The G in GIF stands for graphics.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Riptor posted:

if you're american you're a jingoistic rear end in a top hat and if you're not then you fetishize some of the worst aspects of american culture hth

Umm all he said was he finds an entertainer entertaining. You sound like a huge retarded rear end in a top hat.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Adam seems like the most infuriating motherfucker on earth to have to work with/be around directly.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

UltraRed posted:

ignoring everything they say and insisting on his world Jew.

Same

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This is sad to me because safe injection sites are statistically proven to help people get clean. I'm glad Adam said it at the time, maybe it helped somebody see the light on the issue, but to see him change so radically is sad. Associating with Prager in particular loving disgusts me.

For me, the initial sign he'd given up on coming off as a lefty was when he ranted and raved and shouted down a teenager off the phone (and wouldn't let her get in a word edgewise) about why he, a well compensated man (not sure if he was a millionaire but he had to be doing well, because the Man Show was around and it was successful when he was there) should have to pay more in taxes then some schlub who makes like, 18,000 a year. The disconnect of a guy who used to share a 2 bedroom apartment with 4 people to make ends meet saying this was impressive. ZERO self-awareness.

Occasionally, I wonder if Jimmy's called him on any of this poo poo, because Jimmy seems kinda leftist these days. I know Sarah Silverman's basically bailed on him (given her political views, pretty unsurprising). It's funny, I think my respect for Jimmy has grown in roughly the same magnitude that my respect for Adam has dissipated. The time he roasted Leno for loving over Conan was great. Making fun of LPers was money. His speech about Obamacare pissed off all the right people. I feel like Kimmel does the best job of capturing Letterman's old spirit (although some of Chris Gethard's stuff is pretty inspired, like the Dumpster and P.Diddy episodes).

Silverman is a loving idiot, why do you think she bailed on Jimmy though? I would see him being close to her politically although Silverman strikes me as the type that calls anyone a sexist racist xenophobe the moment you disagree with her on anything politically from her recent antics on twitter :( she used to be strong as gently caress

WampaLord posted:

The ultimate schadenfreude about Adam Carolla is knowing that he's super resentful that Jimmy is way more successful than him. It must eat away at him. Good.

I don't think so, Jimmy's the whole reason Adam's not still digging ditches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yea just btw Silverman was hardcore for Bernie in the primaries, not Clinton

Edit: this is not directed to the fine post above me but the others before it