Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
I think it's been said here before but Adam seems to fall prey to beaver analogy he assigns to others. As soon as he got away from terrestrial radio his first moves were to imitate terrestrial radio in both form and staffing. You put a beaver on top of a skyrise and it starts trying to build a dam, why is a beaver building a dam on a skyrise? It's all the beaver knows.

This is pure guesswork but I imagine a lot of it comes from Adam looking at most podcasts, small time operations consisting of a host, a guest and a recorder, and deciding to do the "professional" version of that. I would assume Adam finds traditional podcasting lacking in a "they don't even have a proper studio, who would listen to that?" sense.

Dr. Lariat fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Adam's on the latest Stone Cold Steve Austin podcast and halfway through its pretty decent, Steve is good at asking the right questions. Adam actually comes right out and says "what can't Adam complain about" is a gimmick bit that allows him to fill 15 minutes bitching about whatever.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Since we're kinda on the subject, I stopped listening or checking to see who the guest was well over a year ago. It wasn't racism, boot straps or anything political. It was the drat story about his wife's New Year's Eve champagne. About the 4th time he decided to share this sagely advice about how to be a total spergin dick to ones wife I turned off the show and never looked back. I can listen to a funny or interesting story 4 or 5 times but not an unfunny one about the time some one was a huge dick for no good reason. A glass of champagne is going to send them to the poor house but an office that has a car elevator to change out the "office car", yep, totally not a waste of money at all.