Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Sieg posted:

Dr. Drew has mentioned that he uses the women's restroom too.

Can anyone tell me the origin of Adam hating Mountain Dew? I'm guessing it goes way back to the Loveline days.

Yes he's mentioned in on Loveline, fairly early too I think. It's just because trashy deadbeat losers seem to drink it in large quantities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Also if you use an app for downloading your podcasts, having an old episode pop up at the top of your feed would make sense.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Tweak posted:

if you want to hear a SCATHING review of road hard while bryan is forced to sit and chuckle along without saying anything, check out the first 15 minutes or so of Film Vault from friday. it's hilarious to hear adam has the same opinion of directing as he does acting (it's a non skill), and is terrible at both.

Holy crap that one guys is a seriously obnoxious try-hard and Brian is such a weenie. How can anybody listen to this thing?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Medullah posted:

Any long time Carolla fan knows Anderson, sheesh. They hate each other, it's fantastic.

drat I didn't even realize.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Adam used to have a bit where he's say "Whenever somebody tells a story that starts with 'I just walked up to the bank teller and she started screaming at me for no reason' you know they're lying because nobody would ever start screaming at somebody else for no reason whatsoever."

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Want the cold hard truth from someone who knows?! You can't make it as an entertainer until people know who you are. You heard it here first!

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I mean, he is a comedian though. He makes a living by making people laugh (in theory). AFAIK he doesn't call himself a stand-up.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I quit listening for good years ago when Drew asked someone to hand him his coffee and Adam said "you mean my coffee, I paid for it after all". I know enough petty insecure assholes in real life, I don't need to go looking for them on the internet.

I still keep up with this thread out of morbid curiosity and because hearing people poo poo on him (and Giovanni) is fun.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Moniker posted:

Ray talked about being fired on his podcast. He said that Adam often embellished what was actually going on. Ray actually owned commercial property for years while at the same time Adam was making fun of him for not owning a home. Also Ray was in improv classes at the time that Adam fired him. I know Adam has talked about moving for years. I can't really see him uprooting his kids to go to Nevada. But you're right, abstraction and brevity are weird so maybe there is something to it.

P.S. I've said it before but Ray's podcast Do Tell Ray (referencing the Don't Tell Ray parties Adam would throw) is actually really good. If anyone liked the Ray / Stromer Ace on the House then this is a great alternative to it. It's the only show in the ACE world that I actually regularly listen to.

I know people like this, who spit out "renters" like they can sum up everything about a person with one nasty word.

Also, why are people such goddamn babies about their taxes, Jesus.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Adam's Hollywood Hills house had way more character and was way cooler than that ranch. https://variety.com/2015/dirt/real-estalker/adam-carolla-lists-in-hollywood-hills-1201642971/

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

The couple guys I know who still listen to ACS are otherwise big AM radio guys. If you've never heard small-fry AM radio talent.... woof. Adam's dusty old routine probably still kills if that's how low the bar has been set.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Look if I'm a dog getting that blowjob seems like a pretty good deal.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I've been listening to some of the earlier Lovelines recently and it's definitely been a concern of mine that I'm going to turn out like Adam, considering how much of my own personality I hear in him from those shows. Granted I'm in no danger of becoming rich anytime soon, so maybe I'm safe.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Some classic episodes of Loveline have Giovanni introducing them and it's like 6 minutes of "The first call is Kevin who's worried about his penis size, and then we have 16-year-old Nicole who wants to date a 37-year-old, and then a funny bit where Adam makes fun of Drew's driving under the speed limit..." and it just goes on like that. Just rubbing his own stink over the show with no consideration of whether anyone might want to listen to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

One of the easiest things in the world is telling someone else they should take a stand.