Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Ez posted:

I wouldn't mind DAG if Adam didn't force him to do that stupid Teddy Pendergrass impression every single time he's on.

I stopped listening to DAG episodes because of this, it was just so cringeworthy. In fact I think it was the reason why I stopped listening to the main show and now just focus on Adam and Drew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Ez posted:

I never thought I would intentionally not listen to a DAG episode but as soon as I saw "Teddy Pendergrass makes an appearance" I was totally out.

Single-handedly killed DAG episodes. It was funny the first time, now it's just cringeworthy.

Also I think Bryan deserved it as well. For a guy who relies heavily on Adam he sure is biting the hand that feeds him. It's odd, like something happened recently or over time that gave his unfunny rear end an ego.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Ez posted:

Am I a bad person for wanting Bryan's book to completely fail?

How can it possibly fail with that English degree backing it?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Cromulent posted:

I also don't think Adam is a hateful racist, but the clip that got Andy Kindler all riled up is pretty indefensible. I don't have it handy, but it's Adam angrily talking about Mexicans, and he straight-up says "Our culture is superior to theirs." He literally uses those words, which is pretty much the definition of racism.

But that girl who called in about the black guy/children is a strange case. I don't even know what you'd call that, when you're dating, attracted-to, and have sex with a black guy, but don't want black kids. Biological racism maybe? I don't know.

EDIT: And I think Adam's hated of the poor is pretty clearly a reflection of how he feels about his own family, not necessarily other races who happened to be predominately poor.

Is this biological racism a wrong thing though? I get the hunch she's not an actual racist in the sense that she hates blacks or feels superior. I agree it's pretty bizarre to gently caress and love someone but put a stop on it due to baby mixing.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

JGdmn posted:

Mangria is loving gross.

It's not too bad. Then you realize how much you spent for it and yeah.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

visuvius posted:

Gabriel Iglesias kind of lost it at the end there. I don't remember the last time they cut off a guest and edited together the end.

For those that didn't listen what happened?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'm definitely gonna read Bryan's book. I want to find out how he managed to get as far as he has while being completely mediocre at everything he ever does...at best.

What if in a twist of irony.. you actually enjoyed reading the book?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

When he said that she wasn't a good side kick my jaw dropped. No way it took you three years to come to that conclusion. I knew right then there was some other reason for it.

I guess we'll have to wait until Allison explains it on her own podcast sometime in the future.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Northjayhawk posted:

Its a very, very good coincidence for Alison that her newest episode just happens to be that very excellent Jo Koy interview. Anyone tuning in for the first time to see what the fuss is all about is gonna be impressed by that one.

That was actually my first time listening to her show and I enjoyed it. What's her backlog like though? Worth going through it?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

HotCarl posted:

So Larry Miller just left ACS. LET THE WILD CONSPIRACY THEORIES BEGIN.

E: err Carolla Digital

Is he done podcasting in general or what?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

JB50 posted:

Ahhh yes Larry Millers podcast. Lets listen to grandpa ramble on by himself for an hour.

That poo poo was unlistenable, and I like Larry Miller as a comedian.

I'll admit I don't listen to his podcast anymore. Couple of years ago when my lifestyle was different I used to enjoy it, there was something relaxing about it.

Actually I think the last one I heard was when he came back from the accident and told the story on how it happened. I wonder if the Amazon revenue was any good...

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

little munchkin posted:

also lol at the idea of people still listening to adam in 2017

I can't imagine how it is now. Does he have any new rants or is it still complaints about business class lounges and passion fruit iced tea?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Nothing like a good first class lounge rant am I right guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Anyone listen to today’s podcast? I kind of got back into the show recently and my god hearing Adam straight up yell at the guys working for him is unbearable.