Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

dropped in to lol at the last few pages

I still have piles of Loveline I haven't listened to so I start one of those up now and then and pretend Adam retired from showbiz in 2004. It's a better world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

When Pigs Cry posted:

Ozzie got covid and died, but it's because he had preexisting conditions. The Ace Man is a perfectly normal, perfectly healthy adult who will bull right through it through sheer grit and determination.

Popped in to make jokes about him going on Tucker loving Carlson but now I'm sad.

Remembering the good times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWpWVPbt-RA

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

christ what an rear end in a top hat

seriously

I had to check if it was real, it is. https://www.gofundme.com/f/oswaldo-ratonini-castillo-funeral-services Adam not willing to pay for that may be the most reprehensible thing he's ever done. What a piece of poo poo.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I assume the Adam Carolla subreddit is still full of fans, not people shaking their heads at how bad he's gotten in the last 5+ years?

When I popped in there after Ozzie died it looked to be a lot of both. If anything it seemed like the fans were a minority. I only read the Ozzie thread though.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Even back when Adam wasn't the piece of poo poo he is now I can't imagine putting up with him all day.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The irony of Adam creating his own family of Loveline callers.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

He was pretty good at improv at one point. The old Huell Howser bits with Dana Gould were always incredible.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Tweak posted:

Even when he went and did a bunch of, “stand up” shows, he would just rehash bits from the radio show/podcast while using a projector screen with images to use as jumping off points. I saw him twice live like that 10 some years ago and it was the exact same show a year apart or so

That sounds like a comedy warehouse, not a comedy factory. :thunk:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I saw one of those shows probably 10+ years ago. I remember it was fun but the main thing I can recall was an amusing recap of his reported income year by year. Many years it was zero, then it jumped when the earthquake happened, then plummeted again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0KM9liK-EY

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Are you a real doctor or a horse doctor?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

You're a lesbian!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Medullah posted:

Remembering how my favorite hypocritical thing Adam did was how he'd tell everyone he was a comedy factory not a comedy warehouse, because most people were comedy warehouses just telling the same joke and saying the same things over and over again

get it on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_hMdvAl4b0

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I think the are you a Mormon one had the best success rate.

I recently was reminded of the greatest bogus call in Loveline history and had to dig it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPzGHNimyo0

(there's a part two)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Dana Gould doing Huell Howser was incredible every time.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I liked the morning show the final year after they yeeted Danny. Last time I enjoyed the Aceman. Sad. Going to podcast let him get too far up his own rear end and it all went to hell.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyj0eI06FZE

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCq2jpyOmUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bETzxQWVbg

As a mental 12 year old this is still one of my favorite episodes.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

There are a lot of Loveline best clip compilations on youtube, I've been laughing at them all day. Was such a good show.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

"I didn't go in on academic probation, I had to earn that."

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

lol we're at the "refusing to pay taxes" stage of the right wing radio grift. Good luck in prison, aceman.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Ralph Hurley posted:

tax lein the size of a mason jar

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

death factory, not death warehouse

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Ralph Hurley posted:

Seriously people in that thread are trying to “gotcha” people by pressing them to give a number of how many of the millions who died they actually knew personally. “Oh so you don’t know anyone who died from covid? I thought it was a big scary plague that was killing everyone. Checkmate, sheeple!”

perfectly normal, perfectly healthy

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Medullah posted:

Ugh I still find myself saying that from time to time

whaddya gonna do?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

He died from it and his family put up a Gofundme to collect the $5000 for the funeral because his literal millionaire best friend Adam couldn't be bothered. IIRC he didn't even donate to it, though Bald Bryan and Allison did.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

What're you gonna do?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

He was great on Silicon Valley. Entirely possible to be funny and a piece of poo poo.

I was going to say like Adam, but from the occasional times I've dipped in to see what's going on in this nightmare world Adam seems to have also stopped being funny when he became trash.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Found this playlist of episodes where Adam had horrific gas: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF616_d_frr8WwNddDu7MTvTWwzbq79xo

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

bartok posted:

How bad is Coast to Coast AM with that poo poo now? I miss when conspiracy theories were fun.

George Noory gargles balls. Never listen to anything after Art left.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

holefoods posted:

I have never really listened to the Noory version but my dad does - from what I’ve heard, my impression is that he basically just lets people ramble on about whatever they want with 0 pushback.

Yeah. He does not have any of Art's broadcasting chops so he's boring to listen to, he doesn't bring the skepticism that Art did (Art would let you talk about whatever, but never really seemed to be buying it--Noory at least acts as if he believes literally anything you tell him), and he's obsessed with everything being angels.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I do recall chuckling when they tried making a soundboard of canned Dr. Drew responses to answer callers and it worked surprisingly well as his advice was so non-specific they didn’t catch on. Then they tried making an Adam soundboard and it didn’t work as his angry generic responses jumped around too much and just confused the callers.

Are you a Mormon?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You're a lesbian

Drew, please.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Can't see him going anywhere other than Florida, that's the end of the line for his journey.

Maaaaaaaaybe Nevada or Texas.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

who does adam even have in his life anymore. fwiw i haven't listened since Alison was fired. she was a doll and legitimately funny.

Drew I guess? Then just a parade of Fox News people.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Comedy factory I gasp as I say "get it on" for the one millionth time

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Niwrad posted:

A lot of those people who were incredibly wrong about COVID early on are now doubling down on the anti-vax stuff.

What're you gonna do? He's a big boy.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Bryan seems like a decent dude. Not assertive for sure, but I guess if you can put up with Adam's poo poo it was probably a pretty cushy job.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I don't know if he's changed but back when I still listened sometimes, Bryan would argue with Adam's right wing poo poo.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

soggybagel posted:

I just read through a lot of this thread and holy poo poo was this depressing. I legit enjoyed Carolla in my formative years and learned of him through Loveline.

One of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Texas' lack of state income taxes attracts a lot of that.

Alex Jones is local though, he didn't move anywhere.