Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

visuvius posted:

The podcast with Maron was good but it's like okay we get it dude, you're butthurt about Stern making GBS threads on podcasts, can we move on please?

True, but to be fair, Stern's rant about podcasts was one of the stupidest things ever. I didn't listen to it but I read transcripts and it's like his intent was to parody Death of a Salesman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
HAHAHA so there's no Ace Network? That's pretty great. What a rube.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Medullah posted:

Oh no, Carolla Digital still exists and is the "main" host of all of his related podcasts (And I'm assuming he still gets a huge % of ad revenue from them), he's just a Podcast One affiliate, along with pretty much every other big podcast.

Ok, well that's less funny but makes more sense. Podcast One is terrible, their commercials suck me back into radio hell in the late 90s.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Moniker posted:

To be fair, Stern's point was that if someone who is unknown gets into podcasting they're probably not going to make any money. It's that simple. It's true, too.

If someone has a known name as a broadcaster through traditional means then he's not talking about you.

Stern's point loving sucks because most Podcasters aren't like him and aren't doing it to get rich. He just loving can't get out of his own skewed perspective and he never will.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Moniker posted:

Plus the point Howard was making, again, isn't that radio is better, but that to be successful in podcasting you've got to have a name for yourself already. Since I actually do this I have to agree that it's definitely not easy if you don't have a name.

So when he said Podcasters are losers he wasn't saying radio was better? Ok. And again, why are you, and him, solely equating success with money? That's my entire point, you can be pretty freaking influential and not get rich, and the fact that not getting rich = loser to him is very revealing about his character.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Moniker posted:

I absolutely don't equate success with money. I'm saying his point. His point was simply that people need a name in order to be successful. In his opinion making money doing what you love is being successful. If you choose to disagree that's on you.

Ok, I hear you, you're clarifying his point, not yours. He's really getting crusty and irrelevant, so I should just enjoy the succulent irony.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Moniker posted:

Yes but compared to nearly every other broadcaster he's still crushing it

But BROADcasting is also getting pretty irrelevant with how fragmented audiences have become.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
More like Private FARTS Haha thanks everyone I've become the third most successful Podcaster just now

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

visuvius posted:

Its like, dude, your kids sound like they are going to be super mediocre plebs so how about you step off your loving high horse for a minute.

What's the deal with his kids, or is it just general comments about them being stupid? Is sonny still loving bitchmade?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
hahaha fuckin great. Well either those kids' parents are around more to help them or Adam's kids are the class mongoloids.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
We'll all be drinking mangria in trumps america. Fulfilling Wall-E and Indiocracy at the same time

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

pangstrom posted:

milo yiannopoulos and the tommy john challenge with vinnie tortorich... I'll pass thanks!

Don't know who Tortorich is as I haven't listened to the podcast recently, but I looked him up and his wiki looks like he wrote it himself.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

His reluctance to crate train his dog is annoying too. Hey dumass just put the dog in the crate when youre gone and it wont poo poo and piss all over the house, or chew stuff up. When the dog gets used to it it becomes a place of comfort for them. My dog sleeps in his kennel all the time.

Or better yet dont get a loving dog and tell your miserable ungrateful kids to STFU.

I wonder what kind of winners Adam is raising, judging by their projects I'm assuming at least one hit and run at some point.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Is Brian still completely insufferable and comfortably inside Adam's rear end on the show? I listen to Film Vault and Brian was talking about how one of Adam's employees had to Uber to pay for his wedding after working for Adam for years and he said it without a tinge of irony.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

Well weddings can be EXTREMELY expensive, and Im not sure Chris HAS to work for Uber to pay for his wedding, but some extra money is always good. As far as I know hes been Ubering for quite a while, and I dont think he started doing it just for his wedding. Besides realistically what do you think these guys deserve to get paid for working for Adam, plus they live in California which has almost the highest cost of living in the country.

I think it was actually Matt that Brian was talking about. Anyway, yeah, I didn't really think it through that day to day to life is one thing but most incomes could not handle a wedding. I guess I'm just adding that to the rest of what I've heard along the years listening to the podcast that gives me the impression they get paid a pittance, guess they could always leave but I don't know how many podcast producer jobs there are out there. I also just think Adam is rich enough to pay his employees more for dealing with his bullshit, but I'm way left of him and he can do what he wants and it's up to them to take it, since they don't seem to mind.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 16, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

I love hearing the "Ray doesnt have a credit card" story for the 50th time.

Adam needs to buy another warehouse to store all his comedy.

Reasonable doubt would be good if he let Geragos take calls. You guys should check out Handel on the Law, its a really good legal radio show/podcast.

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/handel-on-the-law-on-demand

His slogan is "Handel on the law, where you call in and I tell you you have no case"

I have to check that show out again now that I graduated law school because I remember he sounded like a really shrill and regressive old man and I want to know if he at least knew what he was talking about.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Isn't that Ray? Did he stop doing Ace on the House completely? Is it still called Ace on the House?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

rotinaj posted:

Wealthy man in a bubble of his own making stops having touch with reality. It's a tale as old as time.

Yeah, it's all just an extended version of the sophmore slump. Your second album sucks because now you're rich and don't have relatable problems and/or you blew all your good ideas in the first album.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
gently caress I could go for some deviled eggs tho

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

Already got 2 no retards yet.

Dont worry youll lose your virginity someday.

Hey buddy, I think maybe everyone got off on the wrong foot. Now there's plenty of people who aren't retards who don't like the estate tax. I personally believe that the estate tax is there to prevent wealth from stagnating in one place, and if you actually look at how it works, it means your kids don't pay taxes for receiving your bequest! So it's not really double taxation, it's you getting taxed as a corpse so your kids don't have to! Now I'm oversimplifying it, and it might interfere with some high level trusts and how they want to manage their property, but the grand majority of people aren't even gonna get hit with an estate tax because their estate is too small and uncomplicated. You don't even get taxed until you hit $5.45 million in 2016! Are you a millionaire? Who are you defending? The millionaires? Sorry pal, but if you're a millionaire, I don't feel too bad about you getting taxed considering the above.

Now if you're making some trickle down argument, well I think history will tell you that didn't work out too well. But that's my piece!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 18, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

Theres a farmer on this very forum (I forget his name) who said they will have to give up farming when his father dies because they will have to pay so much estate tax. Thats just because they own a lot of acreage. I dont think the guys a millionaire or anything but theres a lot of valuable assests tied up in his farm.

I dunno man, who knows what his whole situation is or why he didn't put the farm in a trust if it was vulnerable to collapse upon the father's death. I told you what I know, and most people aren't farmers, so I wouldn't base tax policy for the nation on this dude's anecdotal experience. I do know that farms usually have a lot of unique deductions and tax breaks, so I wonder if those just weren't enough or if this was a case of bad management.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JB50 posted:

God Dammit Adam stop talking about PLASMA TVs!!!!

He's gotta come up for air sometime from huffing gas fumes, farts, and self-importance right? Maybe he'll take a look around and realize 2004 was 12 years ago.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Moniker posted:

He's definitely a comedian but he's not a stand up comic as someone else has pointed out.

It's sort of like Leno. In his day Leno was a legitimate stand up. He crushed it and was very edgy. Then slowly over time, he stopped. He now has an act and he refuses to do any specials or anything like that, because it'd require him to write more. Instead he tours with the exact same act that he has 5 or 10 years ago.

The guy fieri of late night

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Anybody see that SNL skit with black woman having the same name as prescription drugs? Hmmm....

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Holy poo poo.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
So apparently Adam had been complaining about Sonny being 10 and still not knowing how to ride a bike because he was too scared. Then this happens. Sonny's a pretty fragile kid from what Adam says, which is then followed up by him complaining about how we're all pussies nowadays.

Edit: https://twitter.com/adamcarolla/status/802214761484029952

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 25, 2017

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Quote is not edit, gently caress

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 25, 2017

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Goddamnit sorry, fell off my bike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Oh Adam and Drew, how the mighty have fallen.

Were they always poo poo and the internet just made it easier to find out or did they actually become poo poo in exchange for that sweet cash?