Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I haven't listened to Ace on the House in awhile and first the most part I've cut my Adam listening down to a few times a week. Anyway I'm most of the way through this week's episode, and I'm surprised Ray hasn't murdered Adam throughout the whole episode. Adam is literally ripping Ray to shreds with insults. Man I knew their relationship had soured but ouch; Adam is a total dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Jesus Christ today's Totally Topical Tivo Trivia was like loving magical.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I know this an old subject but Adam's belittling of Ray almost makes the show impossible to listen to.

gently caress even John Ratzenberger joins in on this week's episode.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
At this point I look at the guests before listening to see if I really want to tune in, it leaves an Adam shaped hole in my commute but it gives me time to listen to other podcasts I had piling up.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Definitely listen to the deaf frat guy episode I'm like halfway through and crying.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Niwrad posted:

Loveline was great because it was them making fun of complete morons who called in.

That's the problem with Adam and Drew when they're guestless it's just them complaining about poo poo and they have no reason at all to get to calls. Adam kind of needs someone to reign him and yell at him to roll callers. At this point I've mostly written it off the Adam and Drew Podcast since it's a pain to listen to.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

What Fun posted:

So Adam said that the lawsuit is dropped with the Patent Trolls in such a way that they cannot bring it back against him or any other podcasters. He said that he's gagged from speaking about it for 45 days, which seems like a crazy short time. It sounds like he beat the pants off them, which is awesome. Details are promised once the gag period is up.

Ars Technica posted:

Personal Audio simply found out podcasters—even famous ones like Carolla—just don't make that much money, so it isn't interested in suing them.

It includes the odd tidbit of naming six big podcasters it won't sue, including Joe Rogan and Marc Maron. The six named podcasters have all been supportive of Carolla and presumably are in there because Carolla's people insisted they be "immunized" in writing.

The relevant part of the press release reads:

In addition to announcing its agreement with Mr. Carolla, Personal Audio would like to take this opportunity to issue a more general statement to the podcasting community. Previously, Personal Audio announced that it did not intend to sue any podcasters making modest amounts of revenues for infringement of US Patent No. 8,112,504. Indeed, Personal Audio has dismissed several podcasters from litigation because it was not worth litigating over the amount of damages involved.

Personal Audio understands that, notwithstanding its dismissals of several podcasters and its previously-publicized intention not to sue podcasters making modest amounts of money for infringing its patents, there is still a great deal of concern in the podcasting community surrounding potential patent litigation from Personal Audio. Accordingly, Personal Audio would like to again announce that it has no intention of suing podcasters that are making modest amounts of money from podcasting. In particular, Personal Audio has no intention of suing the following podcasters: (1) the Nerdist; (2) Ear Wolf; (3) Podcast One; (4) Joe Rogan; (5) Marc Maron; and (6) Jay Mohr.

Through this disclosure, Personal Audio hopes that it will assuage the podcasting community's concerns and speculation regarding potential future patent litigation.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
What's the deal with Podcast One? Does Carolla have some stake in it or are they just an advertiser? I could swear Dr Drew referred to them as part of the pirate ship on his on personal podcast. (The episode where he talks to his wife)

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

JB50 posted:

Most of the fill in news girls since she left have done a lot better job of riffing with Adam. The Hesley lady was particularly good at it.

She was my favorite one they've had so far. She literally worked every Adam bit it was pretty great.

JB50 posted:

Ya but that was 4 or 5 weeks ago. Seems like everyone had moved on.

She has to keep her new listeners somehow. Having Daniel on isn't going to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Niwrad posted:

It's really weird that he does like 10 minutes of live reads during a live show. Why not just patch in some commercials in post so that the paid customers don't have to spend a chunk of the show listening to you do commercials?

Seriously, I never understood this. A lot of other podcasts do live shows and have ads and somehow are able to do it in post. World's #1 podcaster Adam Carolla should be able to figure it out.