Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Saxophone posted:

Welp, signed up for the raptr thing and what do you know, top 9%. Elite, bitches!

So uh, if I attach it to an existing account I'm guessing I get a free xpack, but not the 30 days? I'm willing to accept that, I think.

Yeah, I had an account from launch, and didn't get the free 30 days. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Hm. So. What do I do if I've lost my authenticator thing?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Wow, there are a lot of people in the newbie zones now. Chasing events is so fun.

Raysere
May 13, 2013
Time to pick this up again. It's telling me deepwood is a trial shard? Is this some sort of bug?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Saxophone posted:

You'll have to get them to remove it via their account support chat. Check their website, but it's only during business hours PDT, I think.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Saxophone posted:

Are you without a smartphone? As you can just install the app again and restore it via login + security questions.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DemonMage posted:

Are you without a smartphone? As you can just install the app again and restore it via login + security questions.

I think that only works on the original phone that you first installed it on, though I could be wrong. It didn't work when I got my phone replaced after it got stolen.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

If you uninstalled it from your old device before trying to install it on your new device, it should work. It can't be installed on multiple devices at once is the usual problem. Which since yours was stolen, was likely the problem, it's a security feature.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 16, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

That makes sense. With my phone being stolen, I really didn't have a chance to do that. :v:

Invert
Sep 6, 2005

What's the fastest way to level these days? Questing seems pretty drat slow.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

So if I do the raptr thing on a lite account will I have to make a new account in order to claim the 30 days? Or does that just apply to accounts that are already subscribed?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Invert posted:

What's the fastest way to level these days? Questing seems pretty drat slow.

General consensus seems to be instant adventures, at least until SL content. PVP is also decent.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So story-wise,is Regulos dead and gone now?

Its been a long while since i last played Rift but if I remember correctly none of the dragons can "die". They just return to their home plane as a spirit/soul/natural force or whatever until they can grow/possess themselves a new body.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

BombiTheZombie posted:

Its been a long while since i last played Rift but if I remember correctly none of the dragons can "die". They just return to their home plane as a spirit/soul/natural force or whatever until they can grow/possess themselves a new body.

That's why you killed Regulos in the plane of Death. Endless Eclipse is a fortress made by Shapers connected to the Plane of Death, with a portal guarded by the Dread Lord Goloch, where they are harvesting Telarans in order to build Regulos a new body since his original was heavily damaged during the first fight with the Guardian Ascended when he possessed Aedraxis and some other crap like that.

Also due to the fact that Greenscale, Akylios, Laethys, and Maelforge were fought inside locations meant to imprison them they probably not able to "escape" or something. Also Greenscale and Laethys were somewhat weakened, the former was being corrupted by the forces of death and the latter was still having her body being reformed.

Crucia is the only one Trion has shown to be able to go ghost-form and possess a person in-game, although Regulos's possession of Aedraxis kind of fits the bill too. I hope they don't do another fight AGAINST a Crucia :ohdear: (gently caress Storm of Failure). Note that you fight her in her fortress in mid-telara and she's been practicing possession for a long time.

Also during his last phase change Regulos talks about how he's been hiding Telara from even scarier things.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 16, 2013

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Good lord you seem to level so fast just doing IAs (and the quests near them) and hitting up rifts as appropriate plus the daily quests. :v: I can't see any reason to just go 'hub to hub' questing as per normal.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Tsurupettan posted:

Good lord you seem to level so fast just doing IAs (and the quests near them) and hitting up rifts as appropriate plus the daily quests. :v: I can't see any reason to just go 'hub to hub' questing as per normal.

You will when you hit 50!

Mask
Jun 8, 2003
Quis Custodiet Custodes Ipsos?
If I already have an account but use the Raptr rewards thing, will I still get Storm Legion for free? Also, isn't Storm Legion just going to be free once Rift goes F2P next week?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Mask posted:

If I already have an account but use the Raptr rewards thing, will I still get Storm Legion for free? Also, isn't Storm Legion just going to be free once Rift goes F2P next week?

Yes, you'll still get Storm Legion for free. If you have Storm Legion you'll get access to the extra souls. F2P players will not have access to those (but will have access to all of the additional content that it introduced).

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Wow, so, Trion removed the 30 days I got for plugging the Raptr thing into my old account a week or so ago last night because it's suddenly acting like I have a trial account.

e; Can I grab another guild invite? Name is Karx again, but it won't let me apply in-game or join the goonsquad channel.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 16, 2013

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I've played this to lv 21 now, and uh. Does this ever change? Because so far the rifts are worse than WAR public quests, the zone events are like GW2 events but worse, and the combat consists mostly of mashing all your instant abilities. I did the first dungeon too, and my "tanking" was just spamming my basic cleave ability until everyone else killed the mobs. Does the game ever become more complicated/harder?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Elswyyr posted:

I've played this to lv 21 now, and uh. Does this ever change? Because so far the rifts are worse than WAR public quests, the zone events are like GW2 events but worse, and the combat consists mostly of mashing all your instant abilities. I did the first dungeon too, and my "tanking" was just spamming my basic cleave ability until everyone else killed the mobs. Does the game ever become more complicated/harder?

I don't really offer an unbiased perspective here as an infamous sperglord but I do find most things in rift aside from the raid end-game rather bland. To be fair, a lot of Brevane and Dusken look pretty cool but a lot of vanilla content has a hard time keeping up with newer MMO's, having played GW2.

Just do IA's so you can get to the expansion content faster imo.

Raids can be considered pretty hard content for the most part.

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011
Is there an upgrade to the Flawless Source Machine in the 50-53 levels of SL? These Lycini essences are a big upgrade but I don't want to buy them twice

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Wordicuffs posted:

Is there an upgrade to the Flawless Source Machine in the 50-53 levels of SL? These Lycini essences are a big upgrade but I don't want to buy them twice

uhh does it have 4 lesser slots and 2 greater slots? If yes then gratz you have the best source machine (Short of a limited-time available Barnacle Encrusted machine which are BoA).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Note that you can overwrite essences, too (though that does destroy the old one).

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Elswyyr posted:

Simple answer is yes, it does get better. Stonefield's atmosphere really sold me on this game and the instant adventures there are challenging if you're lower leveled than the group. The intro area is by far the easiest the game gets.

The invasion events get better too (Iron Pine Peaks gets a lot of the good ones) and the invasion bosses actually need to get tanked.

Tanking isn't very fun for dungeons though. You'll have more fun healing or dpsing.

The best part about Rift is that it's a little bit of everything - fun dynamic events and a wide variety of classes (holy trinity) which makes for fun group dynamics.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I should have my free expansion this afternoon, gonna tack on a month and level my rogue who is... 26 or 27? Can anyone recommend a leveling build for Tactician? Or long-term suggestions? Wanna be a dude with a flamethrower. :flame:

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011

deimos posted:

uhh does it have 4 lesser slots and 2 greater slots? If yes then gratz you have the best source machine (Short of a limited-time available Barnacle Encrusted machine which are BoA).

Well that's a bit disappointing but I guess it's less things to worry about.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
So I did the raptr thing and I got the expansion but because I already had an account I did not get the 30 free days. I also transferred my mage, cleric, and rogue to Deepwood so when the game goes F2P I can play with fellow goons.

Is it possible to avoid the mage's new soul? I got a mage to be ranged and having a melee soul doesn't interest me. Especially if it's for healing.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Oraculum Animi posted:

So I did the raptr thing and I got the expansion but because I already had an account I did not get the 30 free days. I also transferred my mage, cleric, and rogue to Deepwood so when the game goes F2P I can play with fellow goons.

Is it possible to avoid the mage's new soul? I got a mage to be ranged and having a melee soul doesn't interest me. Especially if it's for healing.

There's like 9 different souls in the Mage calling, one of which is melee based. You can by all means play a ranged mage and be viable. From what I'm told, Pyro and Warlock are both great in raids.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

QPZIL posted:

There's like 9 different souls in the Mage calling, one of which is melee based. You can by all means play a ranged mage and be viable. From what I'm told, Pyro and Warlock are both great in raids.

Oh I know, I had an archon support, two chloro heal specs, and two DPS specs while I was raiding. But I see the new soul is good for solo-ing and there's a heal spec with it and I was hoping they weren't going to be top so I could avoid them.

I'll probably play it just to see how it runs and I might have to eat my own words.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Oraculum Animi posted:

Oh I know, I had an archon support, two chloro heal specs, and two DPS specs while I was raiding. But I see the new soul is good for solo-ing and there's a heal spec with it and I was hoping they weren't going to be top so I could avoid them.

I'll probably play it just to see how it runs and I might have to eat my own words.

Harbinger is terrible right now, according to mage guildies.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Dev roundup:

-No cash shop ads outside of a couple things on the patcher
-possibly priority queue to log into servers for subscribers
-lapses in sub time won't affect your total time subbed
-there'll be some exclusives to the cash shop (of course, but I doubt they'll be statted)
-barbershop stays the same, but race/sex changes cost credits (TRANS CHARACTERRRRRS the RP community is gonna go nuts)
-no new hairstyles in June, but sometime soon?
-race/faction changes aren't linked, so you could be a dirty dwarf but we'd still maybe let you into Meridian I guess
-weapon appearances: apply appearances of one type to another weapon of the same type (1 handers to 1 handers, 2 handers to 2 handers, no 2 handers to 1 handed weapons). Interestingly, could make a dagger into a 1 handed mace. Both weapons stick around, so you aren't using up one to change the appearance of another.
-future expansions: content would be free but classes/races would cost extra.

Source: the dev tracker on the forums

Holy poo poo look at this dapper coat (posting from phone, otherwise I'd inline it): http://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/335134192306372609/photo/1

Plus... Rune Unsocketing Apparatus? Planar Essence Removal Device? Tell me moooooore

Kirtan fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 16, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Based off the assumption that a 30 day Patron pass is still 15 bucks, and it's 2400 Credits, that makes 160 Credits = 1 dollar.

$1.25 to transmog a weapon? I can live with this. I really hope they do add a monthly stipend of credits for Patrons, though (unless you got it through a pass).

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

I hope I get a bulk sum for my 600+ days left on my account so I can swim on my giant pile of REX.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Kirtan posted:

Dev roundup:

-race/faction changes aren't linked, so you could be a dirty dwarf but we'd still maybe let you into Meridian I guess

Oh my god I am going to have to level a Bahmi and faction change him, now.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Made a Rogue named Stickface to go for the Raptr reward, excited for this to go F2P. Played a bit at launch, last time I played you still had to do a quest for each soul.

Any classes in specific the guild needs? I can always make another one, no real clue on what I'm doing with my character yet other than destroying any mob I walk by.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Oh god Tactician is hilarious and melts everything. :swoon:

On the mage side of things, is Harbinger solid for leveling?

e: vvv Hooray! What do you suggest with it?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 17, 2013

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yup, it's generally the best for leveling.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Tsurupettan posted:

e: vvv Hooray! What do you suggest with it?

8 points into chloro will give you LGV + instant bloom, very nice to go along with it. Then your 3rd soul choice should be based on what spell you want to cast with the eldritch armor procs. 0 points into pyro gets you fireball, a few points into ele gets you lightning strike, and some like stormcaller for aoe forked lightning.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
I think you actually need 5 Pyro for instant Fireballs until something like level 35?

• Locked thread