Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Kyrosiris posted:

This is really distressing since by all appearances, Defiance did great.

Zorba, are you still there? :(

I hope Zorba didn't get affected. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Well poo poo, that explains why I never got a call back after recently being told I was guaranteed a position there. :smith:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Oraculum Animi posted:

Would a 58 archon/18 pyro give the utility of archon with the dps boosts of pyro? That seems to be the happy medium between the 51 Archon and 58 Archon DPS-wise and while I was playing I never really found Dom to be too useful except for some trash pull CC.

It depends but I really can't think of much encounter-wise in the current tier that leans on an Archon for DPS, maybe if it makes the difference for some break points on Crucia or if you're struggling to meet Kain or Matriarch's enrage I guess. As for points in dominator, never underestimate the power of reflects (I have no idea what can and cannot be reflected aside from Abhorrent Grudge).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The "Currently in development" line makes me think it was the final nail for End of Nations. The f2p patch has a lot of stuff still in development, so I doubt very many were involved with Rift. If I had to guess, it's a combo of EoN, post launch layoffs for Defiance, and some warface/rift peeps.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Is there a point to keeping Inscribed Sourcestones past 50 now that I'm in SL? I just dumped some for Planarite so I could finally get Quantum Sight, but I've still got hundreds languishing.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
So this is probably a dumb question but if im not subbed and want to get the expansion through raptr how do i do it?
I make a new account for a free trial and just play that for x hours then I can use the SL code on my unsubbed account?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GarudaPrime posted:

So this is probably a dumb question but if im not subbed and want to get the expansion through raptr how do i do it?
I make a new account for a free trial and just play that for x hours then I can use the SL code on my unsubbed account?

Pretty much, yeah.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

I love Trion! I received the codes for a Toxic Hellbug mount and Phero hellbug companion pet. Apparently a day ago, Elrar sent me codes from a twitch.tv lottery back in April, and they had lost my name in the shortlist. The fact he personally followed up with me is awesome.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Daglar;4248960 posted:

The RIFT team was not affected. I will not be responding to any other posts in this thread.

~Daglar

Lex Averial
May 12, 2004

Swans. You know, birds.

Eltoasto posted:

:yoshi: Mage Info Dump! :yoshi:

Thank you for this. I just started playing and this build has been way more fun than the random purpose I selected. The soul system is a bit overwhelming at first and leveling guides that start at 1 have been hard to find. Most of the guides on the official forums seem to be endgame builds or start at level 50.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

GarudaPrime posted:

You'll also have to download the Raptr client. I found it unintuitive to get the client to record the times I played RIFT because it didn't recognize it at first. Luckily, once you do get them both to work the Raptr client is good about telling you how long you've been playing the game and once you close the game it'll give you a report about how long you've been playing. You can also let the game time out and it'll still record your time so you can leave it running while you sleep or go out with friends. And you get a costume helm and shoulders as Raptr rewards in addition to the game and free time (if it's a new account).

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Oraculum Animi posted:

Would a 58 archon/18 pyro give the utility of archon with the dps boosts of pyro? That seems to be the happy medium between the 51 Archon and 58 Archon DPS-wise and while I was playing I never really found Dom to be too useful except for some trash pull CC.

I'm going to do some testing on Sunday to see what the DPS difference is. The CB proc from 51/20 gives a pretty big DPS boost, but the bullwark from 58 could offset it a bit.

lsp posted:

Archon or Trash dom should probably be doing this while the chloro uses charge for entropic veil--

Generally speaking, yeah. But in those trash pulls you're more worried about silencing than heals. I haven't put Dom into my archon spec for a while, but it would be nice to have a utility archon spec with it around. 2.3 realllly needs to come out so I can buy all the slots.

edit: Alternatively, I could just replace my Chloro and HarbiChloro roles with more archon specs... hmmm...

necrotic fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 18, 2013

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
In as Tanreall.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The layoffs are probably just standard "post launch" layoffs for defiance, even if the game does well you don't need as many people working on it after it's launched as before.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

malhavok posted:

The layoffs are probably just standard "post launch" layoffs for defiance, even if the game does well you don't need as many people working on it after it's launched as before.

Yeah, Hartsman was on twitter being upset about how games are developed these days and offering help to those sacked. That would fit in with defiance, and not even necessarily Defiance's sales numbers. Someone said that she got 2 months full pay+severance package, which they wouldn't do if it was due to a disaster.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Resubbed after a long rear end time, since the old guardian goon guild I used to be in is long gone I'd appreciate an invite to Everything is Fine on my mage Cactusfrankie :toot:

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

New player, in as Murven here. I'll ask for an invite in-game.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Machado de Assis posted:

Resubbed after a long rear end time, since the old guardian goon guild I used to be in is long gone I'd appreciate an invite to Everything is Fine on my mage Cactusfrankie :toot:

You could join with any of your characters, Defiant and Guardian's can be in the same guild and all now.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Just made a mage named Cuddlina, I think I have a Cuddlington in the guild already as well, unless he's been kicked out to make room.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
I downloaded this game along with raptr, but they're gonna run out of codes before I qualify. If anyone has a spare key I'd really appreciate it. My e-mail is dezlenaway(at)gmail(dot)com.

So is Planar Sentry any good? How about duelist?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lenaway posted:

I downloaded this game along with raptr, but they're gonna run out of codes before I qualify. If anyone has a spare key I'd really appreciate it. My e-mail is dezlenaway(at)gmail(dot)com.

So is Planar Sentry any good? How about duelist?

Are those callings? don't pay attention to those, they are templates aimed to help out noobs. Tell us what class you are or just ask guild chat for specs.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...
And raptr has now run out of keys!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

alfheimwanderer posted:

It was especially nerve-wracking fun as the page would often vary between showing "3000 keys left" and showing the correct number as it dwindled steadily downward. :sigh:

Dermit
Mar 22, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

alfheimwanderer posted:

Son of a biscuit! Was just getting my hours in tonight. drat you, Raptr!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Anyone know if this is the type of thing they may refresh the keys on? At least before I uninstall raptr?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Erdricks posted:

Anyone know if this is the type of thing they may refresh the keys on? At least before I uninstall raptr?

They have before... many, many times. It's basically a way for early access to F2P.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
With the f2p change, has the population risen enough to be able to support eurogoons again?

I quit last year because all European time friendly raids(US raids start at 3am for me) were cancelled after finals week because "nobody ever shows up for them anyway" despite having full groups every week except during finals and that kind of killed off the population.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Has anyone tried gaming the raptr system for ascend a friend?

angrypostman
Jan 25, 2011
So my moronic wife unlocked the game + expansion deal through raptr, and for whatever reason decided to simply not claim the reward... and.. oh look, now the rewards are gone, and she can't get a code... so... on the off chance someone happens to have spare codes that they aren't intending to use, let me know?

I can't get messages on here but if you wanna shoot me an email if you have a code to spare, email me here: phaon at citcmedia dot com

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

hopefully they'll just add more codes

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
In case Raptr doesn't refill though, the base game is only 9.95 on Gamersgate. Should tide you guys over until June 12th.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RIFT/rift

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I'm just pissed that I was out of town till last night and wanted SL so I could level my chloro with harb. If raptr doesn't refresh I hope SL goes on sale. I'd pay $10 for harb.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Erdricks posted:

I'd pay $10 for harb.
I wonder if that's going to be the final price of souls once this hits F2P.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
I woke up to find out I qualify now, but they're out. I hope they add more.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

So I posted a thing about faction changes keeping your race on the official forums and a dev responded. Apparently they are adding new dialogue to at least one of the Chronicles (the Attunement one) that will be different if you are a convert from the opposite faction!

quote:

For what it is worth, the graduation chronicles will support the cross-faction races now, though all 3 will share new dialog per side. Or to be more clear - the intro and presentation speech that are tailored to each race - previously 3 paths - now have a 4th path, that of the cross-faction convert.

*edit* I should also note that the new lines do not have VO as of 2.3. VO requires a decent amount of lead time to set up in coordinating the voice actors time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can european players transfer to the american servers?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
You can buy Nebula on the cash shop! :neckbeard:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Ask in the defiance thread to see if anyone has Rift+SL from the Defiance preorder?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
If the free month only applies to new accounts, should I just make an entirely new one or is there anything on my old account that is worth keeping beyond the Barnacle source engine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
I decided to give this a shot again, since I've got an old account and decided I should use my free Storm Legion from buying Defiance before that is not a thing anymore. Going to try a mage this time, named Phallomancer, and I'll be begging for an invite soon!

• Locked thread