Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
Reasons to join GoonSqad/Everything is Fine@deepwood? New players are encouraged to liberate the guild bank of all of their free offerings:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

lsp posted:

Reasons to join GoonSqad/Everything is Fine@deepwood? New players are encouraged to liberate the guild bank of all of their free offerings:

Do we need a specific guild rank to be able to withdraw?

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Tezzeract posted:

Do we need a specific guild rank to be able to withdraw?

Nope, you should be able to access all of the cowpants and bags you need from the first two tabs.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Unless it's changed, you have to be promoted once to be able to access guild bank withdrawal functionality so just ask in guild chat until someone promotes you, if you can't withdraw from the first two tabs.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

mr. nazi posted:

Unless it's changed, you have to be promoted once to be able to access guild bank withdrawal functionality so just ask in guild chat until someone promotes you, if you can't withdraw from the first two tabs.

Yup. You should get promoted right after getting invited, but bitching in guild chat until you get kicked promoted will work if it's missed.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
if you haven't been promoted i suggest whispering hedonism with the word "yolo" repeatedly until he promotes you

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Thanks for the help guys.

So I think I know what the answer will be, but are the lvl 50 Experts and Raids not worth doing for a fresh 50 with Storm Legion? My brain is telling me that I'm missing out on Ember Isles and fun content, but the powergamer is telling me to do GHRs until 60.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
If anyone who wanted a key from Raptr and missed out on it, shoot me a pm and I'll send you the one I didn't use.

angrypostman
Jan 25, 2011
A kindly goon managed to shoot a code over so that my wife could keep playing between now and the f2p launch.. so Phaon (me) and Douma (her) will be looking for an invite into the guild!

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
Character name is Legikous. Lvl 50 rogue. joining

Dermit
Mar 22, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

zerocrash posted:

If anyone who wanted a key from Raptr and missed out on it, shoot me a pm and I'll send you the one I didn't use.

Just missed it by a few hours, so I'd be pretty stoked if you still have this to hand out. No PMs, but my email is Dermit@gmail.com if you wanted to hit me on there. It would be very much appreciated--been bumming that I wouldn't get to try out the new SL stuff.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Dermit posted:

Just missed it by a few hours, so I'd be pretty stoked if you still have this to hand out. No PMs, but my email is Dermit@gmail.com if you wanted to hit me on there. It would be very much appreciated--been bumming that I wouldn't get to try out the new SL stuff.

Sorry, just sent it off to another person in pm!

Dermit
Mar 22, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

zerocrash posted:

Sorry, just sent it off to another person in pm!

Darn! Thanks anyway.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

I missed the raptr keys by a few hours too...if by any chance someone happens to have an extra key they don't plan on using, I'd be very grateful!

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Asking for an invite as Slev

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Once it goes f2p, the only thing the storm legion expansion is going to give you is the expansion souls. So if you missed out on the Raptr thing (I think it's safe to assume they won't be restocking the keys), just wait until f2p and buy the souls individually if you find out you need them. I think Warrior and Cleric can probably do all the content without them, mage and rogue get a lot of use out of theirs though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I dunno, the idea of playing without Defiler makes me a bit ill. :(

Folk Hero
May 10, 2011
Thanks!

Folk Hero fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 19, 2013

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Amazon has boxed versions of Storm Legion for $20, which is a pretty good deal if you're coming from a free account. You'll get the character/bag slots and souls once it goes f2p along with a free month of gametime in the meantime. It sucks that so many folks missed out on the raptr deal, but you might as well grab a box while they are still available.

Now, if the 4 expansion souls, 4 character slots, and 2 bag slots end up being less than $20 I guess this is a bad call but that seems unlikely to me.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
This is an off the wall question. Is there a way to give characters a circular shadow under them? I don't have environmental shadows turned on because my computer is not that great and I've gotten used to other games giving characters at least a little darkness under them to give them some grounding but I noticed RIFT doesn't have that. Am I missing a setting I can turn on?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Tezzeract posted:

Thanks for the help guys.

So I think I know what the answer will be, but are the lvl 50 Experts and Raids not worth doing for a fresh 50 with Storm Legion? My brain is telling me that I'm missing out on Ember Isles and fun content, but the powergamer is telling me to do GHRs until 60.

Experts and raids aren't worth doing and you probably couldn't find groups for them anyway. I enjoyed Ember Isle when I did it (pre-expansion) but the gear and xp you get there won't be as good as the new zones. Personally I don't see the need to poopsock to 60, its not like the endgame content will vanish if you don't see it asap. If you decide to explore EI getting someone to craft you some expansion gear will give a solid boost to your power.

Scro
Oct 24, 2005
Does this game have a class that lets you run around really fast? Kinda like the Skald from DAOC and the Bard from EQ.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Scro posted:

Does this game have a class that lets you run around really fast? Kinda like the Skald from DAOC and the Bard from EQ.

The best "run around really fast" spec is probably Marksmen, since their combo point builder and finisher give you a pretty big runspeed buff, and they have another short-cooldown runspeed buff.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looking to get back on the RIFT train once it goes free. My account has an old mobile authenticator attached but it broke with some Android update (back when 4.0.4 or 4.1 or something came out) and then I stopped playing and basically I have no way to get the authenticator reinstalled.

What do I need to do to get the old authenticator removed and what information will I need?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

You'll need to either call or go through their live chat, and you'll need the answers to your secret questions.

Lex Averial
May 12, 2004

Swans. You know, birds.
Me and my gf would like to join the guild. Could I get an invite for Cynosura and Basadhirya? I've been asking in the channel but no one with invite is on.

Edit: Got the invites. Thanks!

Lex Averial fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 19, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Once it goes f2p, the only thing the storm legion expansion is going to give you is the expansion souls. So if you missed out on the Raptr thing (I think it's safe to assume they won't be restocking the keys), just wait until f2p and buy the souls individually if you find out you need them. I think Warrior and Cleric can probably do all the content without them, mage and rogue get a lot of use out of theirs though.

Actually, cleric gets a lot of use out of Defiler. It is great for soloing and a lot of DPS builds have used 4pt defiler in them for rage blight. It is also good to have a 61pt Defiler in raids. I think warrior gets the least out of its SL soul, but even then it might be good to have Tempest for fights when your raid needs more ranged DPS (3rd boss in TDQ can be terrible as melee unless the other DPS can take out the wisps without you).

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

You'll need to either call or go through their live chat, and you'll need the answers to your secret questions.

Confirming this, and adding that it is painless they are very nice and friendly and it takes only a few minutes.

Maxis
May 7, 2002

Just tried this game and I am enjoying it so far. Now it is time to join the guild!

Level 18 Mage
Character name: Sixam

Billy Pilgrim
Dec 20, 2005
Poo-tee-weet?
Grimey Drawer
I purchased the Ashes of History upgrade yesterday but I haven't seen any sign of the personal banker, faction tabard or spindrel mount ingame. I assume they come in the mail? Is there some kind of weekend delay I should account for or should I be getting in touch with customer support?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

Cool, I have those, they work with the restore authenticator option but because my phone has changed since then it just says "wrong device". I'll call them, thanks. I can't find the support number anywhere though. I'm in the UK.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Tunga posted:

Cool, I have those, they work with the restore authenticator option but because my phone has changed since then it just says "wrong device". I'll call them, thanks. I can't find the support number anywhere though. I'm in the UK.

May be worth going through live chat. Here is their contact info.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Billy Pilgrim posted:

I purchased the Ashes of History upgrade yesterday but I haven't seen any sign of the personal banker, faction tabard or spindrel mount ingame. I assume they come in the mail? Is there some kind of weekend delay I should account for or should I be getting in touch with customer support?

It should have been almost immediate. I suggest live chat customer support, they'll fix it for you. I assume the purchase shows up in your billing history for your account, verify that first off just in case there was some error there with internets.

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

I could use an invite, Litenbitare.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
In as Berious. Had a trial account for ages but didn't really give the game a fair shake before I heard about F2P. Managed to snag a Raptr code last week. Enjoying the game so far, it's really slick.

Billy Pilgrim
Dec 20, 2005
Poo-tee-weet?
Grimey Drawer

mr. nazi posted:

It should have been almost immediate. I suggest live chat customer support, they'll fix it for you. I assume the purchase shows up in your billing history for your account, verify that first off just in case there was some error there with internets.

Yup it was in my transaction history. Contacted live chat and they sorted it out. Thanks for the advice!

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Posting for an invite, character name is Burga.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Are there any actually useful items that can't be obtained by new characters? Or is it just the Barnacle source engine?

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Asehujiko posted:

Are there any actually useful items that can't be obtained by new characters? Or is it just the Barnacle source engine?

They said something along the lines of being able to purchase the barnacle encrusted source machine with credits, and possibly in the future adding others that could be purchased for currency and that it would be a ways off for that implement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

lsp posted:

They said something along the lines of being able to purchase the barnacle encrusted source machine with credits, and possibly in the future adding others that could be purchased for currency and that it would be a ways off for that implement.
If that is literally the only thing I miss out on by making a new account and getting 30 days free I'll do that them instead of giving up my 30 days free time to get a character with +40 water resist that might be made available again later anyway.

• Locked thread