Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Asehujiko posted:

If that is literally the only thing I miss out on by making a new account and getting 30 days free I'll do that them instead of giving up my 30 days free time to get a character with +40 water resist that might be made available again later anyway.

That is not the benefit of the Barnacle Encrusted Source machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The benefit is it not being bound, which helps for alts. Thankfully they did away with resistance gating in Storm Legion, so passing barnacles back and forth between alts isn't really a thing. I suppose you could use a char with max lycini rep to get essences and pass it around, but then you are losing main stats.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

The benefit is it not being bound, which helps for alts. Thankfully they did away with resistance gating in Storm Legion, so passing barnacles back and forth between alts isn't really a thing. I suppose you could use a char with max lycini rep to get essences and pass it around, but then you are losing main stats.

I use barnacles to make best-in-slot sigils for my alts who don't have torvan/lycini maxed and never will.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Glad I still have a few then, because I ain't doing that grind again. Thankfully the dendrome region rep seemed easier, in the stream he was getting rep for jumping on a plant.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

If anybody else has a Raptr code they don't need, I could use one. I was unable to log into the website for a few days but it's working today after going through support. E-mail is my username at gmail. Much appreciated.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/404734853 at 1:17:58 Daglar addresses the bind-on-account sigils and availability. A few mins prior they discuss more availability of past event items too.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
Also wondering if anyone has a raptr code they don't need. Email is drakkant@yahoo.com

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Is anyone else leveling 50-60? Questing by myself is boring :(

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Doh004 posted:

I just did IAs, dungeons, and WFs. I don't think I ever left Meridian after I got there at level 10 or so.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

God, I have to say again I love IAs. I can log in, play 30 minutes, gain a level and gently caress off for the day. It is the ultimate in casual social play.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Erdricks posted:

I just did IAs, dungeons, and WFs. I don't think I ever left Meridian after I got there at level 10 or so.

You did 50-60 using IA/dungeon/WFs?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tezzeract posted:

You did 50-60 using IA/dungeon/WFs?

WFs at the least are actually pretty fast EXP, and I generally found them more engaging than the regular content.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Internet nerds told me IA's 50+ weren't nearly as efficient.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Doh004 posted:

Internet nerds told me IA's 50+ weren't nearly as efficient.

They aren't. They slow down dramatically post-50. It's only worthwhile to do the daily for them.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Vermain posted:

WFs at the least are actually pretty fast EXP, and I generally found them more engaging than the regular content.

What are the daily missions for WF? I was always confused about that and the crafting dailies?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tezzeract posted:

What are the daily missions for WF? I was always confused about that and the crafting dailies?

Just hit K.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Doh004 posted:

I'd love to, though I'm not going to be on for another hour to hour and a half. I'm 53 at the moment so we can go do pvp dailies or city core or the second zone after the kingdom place if you like.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

Actually, cleric gets a lot of use out of Defiler. It is great for soloing and a lot of DPS builds have used 4pt defiler in them for rage blight. It is also good to have a 61pt Defiler in raids. I think warrior gets the least out of its SL soul, but even then it might be good to have Tempest for fights when your raid needs more ranged DPS (3rd boss in TDQ can be terrible as melee unless the other DPS can take out the wisps without you).

We use tempests on Hard Mode Progenitor and Hard Mode Gelidra due to anti-stacking mechanics. In addition IIRC a good general warrior DPS spec is 61 RB /15 Tempest or 61 RB/ 10 Tempest / 5 Paragon (for amped I think?). If you want to play a lot of purifier and warden (and maybe Sentinel in dungeons) and Shaman and probably cleric tanking you don't need any points in defiler though!

Stonedog
Sep 9, 2001

Wait a minute, penguins can't fly!
Grimey Drawer
Looking for a guild invite, the name is Zav.

Played on a EU server at release, but played too much and burned out. This is the only MMO I actually miss, so figure I will start from scratch and see what the Goons are up to.

Paperfeed
Apr 14, 2008
Me (Paperfeed & Papertoner ingame) and Papertray (my little brother) are looking for an invite!

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Aphilpaisa looking for invite.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Not sure if this means exactly what he is saying, my reward has been claimed so I dunno what the number actually is...
http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...tml#post4252213

Originally Posted by BrandGuru
"As others noted, keys have been restocked. We'll be working closely with Raptr to make sure they stay stocked between now and the June 12th launch. Storm Legion keys will only grant the free 30 days to new accounts and can no longer be stacked multiple times. Those that did stack keys have had the extra time removed (with the exception of a single +30 days), and stacking keys no longer works."

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Any chance a kind soul could mail Berious some bags? I'm having no luck grabbing them from the bank - some other bag hungry person has always cleared out the tab. Even lovely bags from the AH are too expensive for a freshly minted nub :cry:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Berious posted:

Any chance a kind soul could mail Berious some bags? I'm having no luck grabbing them from the bank - some other bag hungry person has always cleared out tab. Even lovely bags are too expensive for a freshly minted nub :cry:

There are plenty in the guild bank, but will send a silk pack or two until you can get there yourself
edit: I had to do a double take, they are all gone? Mother of god, I just put in like 20 something bags. OK. Will drop some off before I head out

edit 2: Ok, someone decided to take 10 out on one character -- don't be a shitlord and do this. Take 5 out for your main and chill out, please. They cost a few plat each to make and there are a lottttt of people coming.

lsp fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 20, 2013

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Thanks a bunch! No need to mail I'm already at the AH - shall camp it like the greedy vulture I am.

e: all bagged up now.

Berious fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 20, 2013

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 61 days!

lsp posted:

Not sure if this means exactly what he is saying, my reward has been claimed so I dunno what the number actually is...
http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...tml#post4252213

Originally Posted by BrandGuru
"As others noted, keys have been restocked. We'll be working closely with Raptr to make sure they stay stocked between now and the June 12th launch. Storm Legion keys will only grant the free 30 days to new accounts and can no longer be stacked multiple times. Those that did stack keys have had the extra time removed (with the exception of a single +30 days), and stacking keys no longer works."

I just checked the page and it's still showing at 0, so I'm just hoping that they're in the process of getting the keys set up on Raptr's end. :ohdear:

E: Re-read it and I think I misunderstood the first sentence at first glance. I took "keys have been restocked" to mean "we sent Raptr some more keys today", when what it most likely means is "keys have been restocked in the past and we will be restocking them again before long". So basically just keep checking to see when they pop back up.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 20, 2013

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Someone asked before, but I didn't see a reply.

Is it possible to transfer regions? US-EU? I'd like to play with goons but I'm in EU and I'd also like to raid sometime at the end game...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I don't expect them to restock the Raptr keys, Elrar seemed kinda surprised that it was still going on when asked about it in the livestream.

Also the point I was trying to make about the expansion souls is that all of them have value, but the goon guild isn't going to kick you out of raids if you don't have them, as long as you are flexible with your specs and can bring other valuable roles. Not having the mage or rogue will directly affect your leveling though.

Also Also going to log on and send out invites.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Is it possible to transfer regions? US-EU? I'd like to play with goons but I'm in EU and I'd also like to raid sometime at the end game...

I think that's one of the few things that customer service can't/won't do for you.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

I think that's one of the few things that customer service can't/won't do for you.

Last time they tried this poo poo it opened a giant can of worms that permanently corrupted some player accounts, so as a rule they don't do it anymore.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What do you goons recommend then, if I play with you guys, will I be able to raid sometime as an EU goon?

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Hugoon Chavez posted:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/355026-region-transfers.html#post4206866

In the latest livestream it was also stated that there were no plans to implement it still.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Some people were asking for a bag mod that lumps them into one giant bag, similar to those in WoW. http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info292-JABOB.html is probably what you are looking for.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Invisible Handjob posted:

I'm in as Gyokuro, about to send an invite to join the guild. This is pretty cool so far.

Hey fucko, stop stealing bags to post on the AH.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

Hey fucko, stop stealing bags to post on the AH.

Seriously. That's douchey even for a goon.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Kyrosiris posted:

You'll need to either call or go through their live chat, and you'll need the *approximate* answers to your secret questions.
Both Cool Kids inc. and I went through this process - me for Defiance, her for her ancient RIFT account.
As long as you're close enough on one or both of them that it's obvious that you know the answer, and are missing out on something like spelling, capitalization or similar, they'll clear you for flight.
Example: the question that was hanging me up was my hometown, and I didn't know if I'd put my actual birth city (the suburb name), my birth city (the metro area name), or where I'd graduated high school (Military "hometown"), and whether I'd included the state abbreviation or not.

I gave them all three permutations, and one of them was good enough.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
If you're level 50+ and want a free 110% mount (retail price 125 plat), tomorrow (5/21) we're going to run River of Souls and get all the achievements. Getting all the achievements gets you a free ghost pony.

If you want one show up around 7PM server and we'll see if we have people who want to go. Raids reset on Wednesday so if people aren't able to make it we can run another later in the week.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 21, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

vandiar posted:

If you're level 50+ and want a free 110% mount (retail price 125 plat), tomorrow (5/21) we're going to run River of Souls and get all the achievements. Getting all the achievements gets you a free ghost pony.

If you want one show up around 7PM server and we'll see if we have people who want to go. Raids reset on Wednesday so if people aren't able to make it we can run another later in the week.

Oh, I still need that on my main. I'll try and show up.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
I want a ghost pony. I will be there to kill things and get a ghost pony. Ghost ponies rule.

Only bad thing is I just bought my bear atv, so I could have waited a day and got a 110% free. I really should think ahead because I knew that we'd be doing it.

I don't think you do based on last nights run through that green place raid (Greenblight? I think?), but do you earn experience, whether planar or normal in these raids?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

vandiar posted:

Is RoS the weekly?

Kreczor posted:

I don't think you do based on last nights run through that green place raid (Greenblight? I think?), but do you earn experience, whether planar or normal in these raids?

The turnin for the weekly raid gives you a buttload of PA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

I try to make it. I haven't seen any of the raid content yet and it'll be fun to kill monsters with goons.

• Locked thread