Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Read the OP and saw that Raptr was giving away expansions. Downloaded Raptr and started a new RIFT account (as I can't login to my old one for some reason) and started downloading the client. Got to the last page in this thread and realized that all the keys are gone, but more may be coming soon. I haven't played since beta/launch, and it seems a lot of stuff has changed / been introduced. Excited to check this game out, but don't have any money to buy the expac. Hopefully I can get the key for free SL! If not I may just roll a class that doesn't rely on the new souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Someone asked before, but I didn't see a reply.

Is it possible to transfer regions? US-EU? I'd like to play with goons but I'm in EU and I'd also like to raid sometime at the end game...

You cannot transfer characters, but if you don't mind starting over you can switch the region you play on. In the launcher click on setting and there should be an option to switch between EU and US.

Gray Area
Nov 17, 2007
More Raptr keys have been added today.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Gray Area posted:

More Raptr keys have been added today.

Oh! Guess I spoke too soon! Awesome. :)

Reasonerr
Oct 8, 2009
Came back to this game a few days ago out of curiosity and boredom.
The last time I played was about 1 and a half years ago, somewhere around Hammerknell just getting released.
I have to say, I'm absolutely amazed by the changes/additions. I hit level cap last time and then got bored/burned out before I managed to go on a raid with anyone. Now, even without the SL content (which so far is pretty awesome) they've added a TON of stuff to do and have changed things around ALOT (in only good ways).
Just the dimension system alone pretty much blew me away. And the goons in this game are just as awesome as I remember, many of the guys who were there back in the day came back/are still here now it seems (I was in the old Belmont Defiant guild). If you're on the fence, I'd say give it a shot and check it out, you'll probably be surprised how far this game has come.

The only crappy thing/complaint I have is that they destroyed my cleric spec (duracell) that used to be the awesomest "hit-the-i-win-button" thing I'd ever seen in an MMO.
Fortunately though there are still good specs for cleric I found out.
After wading through the horrible mess that is the official guide forums (really, it's disappointingly nigh-impossible to figure out wtf is going on if you're new/returning) I finally dug up this gem and made sense of it:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...oe-monster.html
http://www.rifthead.com/stc/0mosfVx0VMvltVgkfRfuVuRv922

In the small amount of time I've played it so far (50-51, mix of old and SL content, I have no gear worth talking about/nothing special) it is even better than the old duracell.
This one takes about 4 buttons, but you're pretty much as close to invulnerable as it gets.
If you're playing a higher-level cleric and dying or getting bored, give that a shot and see what you think, I'm having a blast!

Also just a side note, if you're leveling a new cleric, that build won't become viable until mid 30s to level 40, the 17 points in cabalist are the most crucial to the build, so if you're deciding where to put your points before level cap, don't skimp on cabalist, fill that one first.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Obscurity posted:

Oh! Guess I spoke too soon! Awesome. :)

I just read this also, will post a link when I get home.

If you do not have Storm Legion, this is a very good opportunity to get the expansion souls for free. Once the game goes free, they will only be available through the cash shop

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Sweet. So if I played the game forever ago, but not through Steam, do I just have to leave the patcher open through Steam to accumulate hours? Or do I actually need to play?

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Concurred posted:

Sweet. So if I played the game forever ago, but not through Steam, do I just have to leave the patcher open through Steam to accumulate hours? Or do I actually need to play?

I'd like to know this as well. Also, would a level 50 bard who hasn't played in a very long time be welcome on that RoS raid tonight?

edit: also invite Kesi

Keshik fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 21, 2013

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I think you have to have the actual game open and logged in on a character, but you can just leave it running overnight or something. It seems to still count even after you get disconnected.

Reasonerr
Oct 8, 2009

Concurred posted:

From previous posts in the thread, I believe you have to be in the game to start the timer (past the character select screen, actually standing in the world in game), though once you've done that you should be able to just AFK it, and when the game auto-disconnects you can leave it open on the "you have been disconnected" and it will still rack up time.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Squee posted:

I think you have to have the actual game open and logged in on a character, but you can just leave it running overnight or something. It seems to still count even after you get disconnected.

Just being on the character select screen was enough in my experience.

Gray Area
Nov 17, 2007
Requesting an invite to the guild as Chromatotototron.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Reasonerr posted:

Came back to this game a few days ago out of curiosity and boredom.
The last time I played was about 1 and a half years ago, somewhere around Hammerknell just getting released.
I have to say, I'm absolutely amazed by the changes/additions. I hit level cap last time and then got bored/burned out before I managed to go on a raid with anyone. Now, even without the SL content (which so far is pretty awesome) they've added a TON of stuff to do and have changed things around ALOT (in only good ways).
Just the dimension system alone pretty much blew me away. And the goons in this game are just as awesome as I remember, many of the guys who were there back in the day came back/are still here now it seems (I was in the old Belmont Defiant guild). If you're on the fence, I'd say give it a shot and check it out, you'll probably be surprised how far this game has come.

The only crappy thing/complaint I have is that they destroyed my cleric spec (duracell) that used to be the awesomest "hit-the-i-win-button" thing I'd ever seen in an MMO.
Fortunately though there are still good specs for cleric I found out.
After wading through the horrible mess that is the official guide forums (really, it's disappointingly nigh-impossible to figure out wtf is going on if you're new/returning) I finally dug up this gem and made sense of it:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...oe-monster.html
http://www.rifthead.com/stc/0mosfVx0VMvltVgkfRfuVuRv922

In the small amount of time I've played it so far (50-51, mix of old and SL content, I have no gear worth talking about/nothing special) it is even better than the old duracell.
This one takes about 4 buttons, but you're pretty much as close to invulnerable as it gets.
If you're playing a higher-level cleric and dying or getting bored, give that a shot and see what you think, I'm having a blast!

Also just a side note, if you're leveling a new cleric, that build won't become viable until mid 30s to level 40, the 17 points in cabalist are the most crucial to the build, so if you're deciding where to put your points before level cap, don't skimp on cabalist, fill that one first.

Thanks for this, I'm looking to try it but I'm a bit confused by the guide.

His #1 macro -

quote:

#show Somatic Desecration
suppressmacrofailures
cast Marrow Harvest
cast Pain Transmission
cast Dark Water
cast Somatic Desecration
cast Bound Fate
cast Break Free
Only Marrow Harvest will cast because it's instant and no cooldown, am I missing something?

Also he says -

quote:

Beacon -> SV -> BoP -> CoD -> MH -> DW -> PT -> SD until its time to re-DoT
Looks like a hassle, but with macros it is quite simple
Beacon -> 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 4 -> 4 -> 4

but his abilities listed don't match up with the macro's he posted. Beacon -> SV -> BoP and he says it's Beacon -> 1 -> 2.. which would be Beacon -> Marrow Harvest and then tyranny of death?

Help :(

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Danith posted:

Thanks for this, I'm looking to try it but I'm a bit confused by the guide.

His #1 macro -

#show Somatic Desecration
suppressmacrofailures
cast Marrow Harvest
cast Pain Transmission
cast Dark Water
cast Somatic Desecration
cast Bound Fate
cast Break Free

Only Marrow Harvest will cast because it's instant and no cooldown, am I missing something?

Marrow Harvest cannot be cast on a target while it is active on that target, therefore it will go down the macro list if it's already applied.

Danith posted:

Also he says -

but his abilities listed don't match up with the macro's he posted. Beacon -> SV -> BoP and he says it's Beacon -> 1 -> 2.. which would be Beacon -> Marrow Harvest and then tyranny of death?

Help :(

The macro numbers aren't the button numbers. He puts SV on 1, BoP on 2, and his spam macro on 4. Siphon Vitality, Bond of Pain, and Curse of Discord aren't macroable abilities.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 21, 2013

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
further down he explains his button choices -

quote:

Sorry about that. The key bindings are reflecting the button pushes of the line above them but I wasn't as clear as I should have been. For both examples above, the key binds are as follows:

1. Siphon Vitality (single spell)
2. Bond of Pain (single spell)
3. Curse of Discord (single spell)
4. Macro #1 (ST Spam)

S1. Curse of Solitude (single spell)
S2. Macro #2 (Tyranny of Death spreader)

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

vandiar posted:

If you're level 50+ and want a free 110% mount (retail price 125 plat), tomorrow (5/21) we're going to run River of Souls and get all the achievements. Getting all the achievements gets you a free ghost pony.

If you want one show up around 7PM server and we'll see if we have people who want to go. Raids reset on Wednesday so if people aren't able to make it we can run another later in the week.
Tonight (Tuesday 5/21) we're going to get this RoS run going, anyone level 50+(Have to be level 50 to zone in this raid) is welcome to come and encouraged to do so!

Gray Area posted:

Requesting an invite to the guild as Chromatotototron.

Keshik posted:

edit: also invite Kesi
Both invited :toot:

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Am on a trial account waiting for my Raptr time to add up. If I can get a guild invite on a trial account, I'd like an invite for Vaeryth. Thanks!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
For Raptr, you can idle on the "logged out due to inactivity" screen. Finals are over, I'll probably activate my code some time tomorrow.

Is there any definitive answer as to what determines whether the 30 days of game time are given? It appears to be "Rift+30 days"+"SL upgrade" so far.

If I make a new account, can I still buy the collectors edition goodies for €5 or have they scrapped that?

Carrots
Jul 7, 2005
I snagged a code so I could use an invite for Aeolie please.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Hey everybody! Jabir here with a little helpful advice.

If Raptr isn't picking up your game time, here is my helpful troubleshooting guide!

I HAVE BEEN SITTING IN THE GAME FOR 12 HOURS AND OBSESSIVELY REFRESHING RAPTR AND IT STILL SHOWS 0 HOURS HELP:

1) Press CTRL+T. If the Raptr Overlay covers the game screen and a timer with (hours you've played) appears at the top, Raptr is working! You just have to quit the game to update your time.
2) If the Overlay doesn't appear, Raptr did not pick up Rift. Here is how you fix that:

Open Raptr and hit "My Games"
Click on the wrench icon in the top right corner and click "Manage Installed Games"
This opens the game launcher window. Hit the wrench icon in the top right corner of this window and click "Manually Add Game."
Add Rift
Start Rift and try step 1.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Is the mumble info in the OP out of date? I joined and there's nobody in it.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Keshik posted:

Is the mumble info in the OP out of date? I joined and there's nobody in it.

That's normal. It's not yet end of the day on a weekday and most people only log into it for raids.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I was going to level my Mage, but then while doing IAs today I saw a warrior near me that was floating through the air and making GBS threads out electricity everywhere. I need to do that. :stare: I keep seeing all these cool things and changing classes. :negative:

Can I get a guild invite on Momizi?

e: They were dual wielding so I'd guess it was Tempest/Riftblade/Paragon, but I didn't see a Way buff on them, so I dunno.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Tsurupettan posted:

I was going to level my Mage, but then while doing IAs today I saw a warrior near me that was floating through the air and making GBS threads out electricity everywhere. I need to do that. :stare: I keep seeing all these cool things and changing classes. :negative:

Can I get a guild invite on Momizi?

e: They were dual wielding so I'd guess it was Tempest/Riftblade/Paragon, but I didn't see a Way buff on them, so I dunno.

All warrior souls, tank souls aside, work equally well with dual wielding and 2-handers now. It's mostly a matter of PA's.

DeltronZero
Jun 30, 2007
What time is the RoS run tonight?

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
So I've been looking for a new way to waste my time as of late since Uni's finally done. Would you guys say that this game is worth starting into at this point and leaving it running overnight to get the free copy of the expansion before the whole F2P glut hits?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Northan posted:

So I've been looking for a new way to waste my time as of late since Uni's finally done. Would you guys say that this game is worth starting into at this point and leaving it running overnight to get the free copy of the expansion before the whole F2P glut hits?

Yes. We don't know how much the expansion or expansion souls are going to cost once the game goes F2P, so it's hard to say for certain, but I'd be safe and get the free copy while you can. As far as starting now? Yeah it's fine to start now, our guild is on the first tier of raid content and isn't going to be ready for the 2nd tier when it comes out with 2.3. If that is your interest, sure you can get raid geared and join us within probably 2 weeks

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

DeltronZero posted:

What time is the RoS run tonight?

7PM Server(PST) - Planning to start around there

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Remembered I got Storm Legion and a free month from Defiance.

Can I get a guild invite on Arantha. Thanks.

Dermit
Mar 22, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Raptr, I take back all of the horrible things I ever said about you! Well, not really, you're still terrible...but thanks for the key!

In as Dermist. Could use a guild invite :)

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
People wanted me to post the website with the google maps of all artifact locations, so here you go : http://psiharis.com/rift/parser/

Unfortunately, there are so many possible artifact locations that hunting down a specific artifact or location is unreasonable, but what it IS useful is for just seeing the general distribution of artifacts on a map - you know where there are tons of possible locations, and where there are few - most large clumps of artifacts on that map ALWAYS have at least one and often two to four artifacts spawned at a time, and just making a little patrol along the biggest clumps can net you bags of white/green artifacts with the occasional blue.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Dermit posted:

Raptr, I take back all of the horrible things I ever said about you! Well, not really, you're still terrible...but thanks for the key!

In as Dermist. Could use a guild invite :)

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Apparently there are another 3000+ keys on Raptr so anyone who missed out, now's the time!

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

2.3 is up on PTS. No patch notes yet, but some highlights:

The Dendrome is open. I haven't really looked at it yet.
    The cash shop is sorta there; you can't buy credits/rex yet, and the loyalty part of it clearly isn't finished yet, but you can see what's for sale. Prices apparently aren't final yet.
    Things you can buy: barnacle sigils, xp/notoriety/token boosts, costumes, dimension stuff, and anything that has ever been on a vendor.
    There are new lesser essences, and a new tier of rep to grind for torvan and lycini (gently caress)
    There are ring, trinket, and seal runes; you unlock them with rep grinds in Dendrome (I think there are three? Achyati, Empyreal Alliance, and one other.)
    You can buy a soul walk for 50 credits.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Rianeva posted:

There are ring, trinket, and seal runes; you unlock them with rep grinds in Dendrome (I think there are three? Achyati, Empyreal Alliance, and one other.)

any more info on these? i must have all the endurance. all of it. :getin:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

shut up gelly posted:

any more info on these? i must have all the endurance. all of it. :getin:

They follow the same pattern as the neck/belt/cape runes (passable rune at honored notoriety, best rune at glorified). Here are the glorified runes:

Empyreal Rune of (mainstat): 35 mainstat/20 endurance, trinket
Achyati Rune of (mainstat): 18 mainstat/10 endurance, ring
Hailol Endurance Expansion Rune: 25 endurance, seal
Hailol Focus Expansion Rune: 45 attack power/10 endurance, seal
Hailol Mind Expansion Rune: 45 spell power, seal (either this is bugged or Trion hates casters, your choice)

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Wolpertinger posted:

Unfortunately, there are so many possible artifact locations that hunting down a specific artifact or location is unreasonable
I'm pretty sure artifacts don't despawn, so if you know of a particular hard to reach or find location, you can often check on log-in and they'll be available.

Speaking of which, did they ever rebalance the find rate of multiple-set artifacts to not make everything else in the sets that use them worthless?

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-test-shard/359652-dynamic-content-dendrome.html -- Strongholds!

quote:

Strongholds
Strongholds are powerful planar footholds that require a friendly Empyreal invasion to take down. Once destroyed, the Empyreal invasion will try to build its own stronghold to siphon power from the planar stronghold's remains. During these localized events, players can build aerial platforms and other upgrades to defend against waves of enemies as they invade from both land and air. In the final wave, one of a variety of bosses will spawn, teleporting from platform to platform in an attempt to destroy the Empyreal Stronghold.

Some strongholds can be fought alone, but others are intended for groups of 10 or more. This content will also offer another way to earn notoriety with the Torvan Hunters.
This sounds interesting, perhaps siege elements being explored? Please bring to pvp.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Quit this game forever ago, time to try it again. In as Aldari.

What's a good cleric leveling spec these days, preferably melee?

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

Mystery Prize posted:

Quit this game forever ago, time to try it again. In as Aldari.

What's a good cleric leveling spec these days, preferably melee?

Easiest way to level a melee cleric is by going at least 44 into druid. The other souls are up to you. If you want to be invincible but kill slowly put points into justicar, and if you want to kill fast but die every so often put points into shaman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Beach Party posted:

Easiest way to level a melee cleric is by going at least 44 into druid. The other souls are up to you. If you want to be invincible but kill slowly put points into justicar, and if you want to kill fast but die every so often put points into shaman.

Is ranged faster/easier?

• Locked thread