Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

necrotic posted:

I think they inflated the gently caress out of stone purchases. I had less than 200 stones before 2.3 and I logged in and have over 2k.

edit: And carnage gives you 90 instead of the 2 or whatever it was before.

Does no one read patch notes?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

All 20 person raids need both cleric and Mage healers. In 10s, a Mage solo heal is a bit preferable to cleric solo heal, but I think having 2 Mage heals is (situationally) less useful than 2 cleric heals. Also, clerics have more options for healing.

Look at this guy talking out of his rear end. Don't listen to him, he hasn't played since they fixed chloros.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Hutzpah posted:

So is that a "chloro is the best healer bar none"? Or a "cleric end-game heals are worth while"?

Both are good in both raid settings, almost equal. A well geared cleric can (solo+support) heal a 10 man, a well geared mage can (solo+support) heal a 10 man. Assuming the tank (or raid if it's raid damage) is equally well geared. That being said, a chloro is a more constant healer and a cleric tends to be a reactive healer. That makes Chloros on tanks a good thing while being supported by clerics.

deimos fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 13, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

:siren::siren::siren: If you have 480+ Hit (without hit runes) please show up tonight around 6pm server time so we can knock our heads against the new 10 man.:siren::siren::siren:

:siren::siren::siren: If you have 400+ Hit please show up tonight around 6pm server time so a bunch of you can knock your heads against the old 10 man. :siren::siren::siren:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Oh thank god:

quote:

It's incorrect in the LFG menu. If you actually complete a dungeon it's 400 slayer marks and 50 frozen.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

To be fair I had no queues about 10 minutes before everyone else started reporting ridiculously long queues.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

The split to two clusters means that our population cap will basically double. The downside is that the shards moving over to the new cluster will no longer be part of our cross-shard queue's. Thankfully, looks like we are on the same one as faeblight.

Yeah but we're not with Wolfsbane which means no more raiding!

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

shut up gelly posted:

the na-eu transfers were a problem because they were in different datacenters. both na clusters are in the same datacenter.

Not only that, if I remember correctly EU and NA use very slightly different schemas on their database to handle languages.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Bonapartisan posted:

Any word on this yet, or a way we can persuade them to go to Hailol at least?

They are their own brand of special, let them make a decision then we'll react.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

necrotic posted:

Don't look around for buying abilities, either: they are automatically trained as you level.

Unless your character is bugged god. drat. Trion.

quote:

Despite the system currently in place, I hear that you're having trouble with your Thunderous Kick showing as having an upgrade, which cannot be trained. Our development team is aware of and working to address this issue, and we hope to have a fix in place soon!

As always, we appreciate that you discovered the issue and brought it to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Translation: you're hosed and that goddamn button will be shiny forever.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Also, welcome back calling-specific trinkets:

While I am at it: Abu/Archons, this is a thing (parses ~1k under 61 pyro, has all the utility not overwritten by BM/Bard): http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzae0cI0zcocxqvAM0VRfbqzMM0s

And finally, warriors: GET AND LEARN BEASTMASTER

deimos fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 18, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Fried Sushi posted:

Why do you say that? I messed around with BM when Storm Legion launched and liked it but the lack of AE while leveling kinda stunk so I switched to the standard warlord build and have continued using that since I came back to check out the F2P. I was under the impression BM was pretty underwhelming in general compared to other souls though.

Because of:

Rianeva posted:

BM is for raiding. It doesn't really have any use outside of that.

That. Apparently GA has some extremely tight DPS checks and one way you can maximize them is having a BM and a DPS Archon (a DPS archon that can pull 10-12K+ DPS).

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kreczor posted:

I have my BM build setup but I need some practice with the actual rotation. If we can run some x spurts I should be good to go after 2-3. Is the gear the same? IE CP > everything?

Someone else can verify but yes, your primary concern is buffing the raid and debuffing the boss but other than that you're doing a DPS rotation.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Do addons disconnect you if there is an error? I just started trying to use addons this weekend and I'm not sure if the disconnects are because of them or just server instability. It's definitely strange getting kicked and nt being able to log back in until I disable addons.

I haven't heard anything like this, could have been a coincidence, what add on are you using?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Stop deluding yourselves, Aegis is on our server.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

This is second hand information, Amory was talking directly to them but:
- They didn't want to move shards because they are pubbies.
- They had a person or two leave because the guild did not want to do sign ups.
- They are no longer using sign ups and will invite on a whim. (So I am guessing that maybe 3 or 4 of us will get into the raids, the ones that can fill important spots like MT/OT and Heals)
- They may stop doing 20 mans altogether.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Coolwhoami posted:

So because I am dumb and confused, in order to post items on the auction house, you either have to had played before and received some loyalty as a result, or if you are new ie f2p scum like me, buy any points package (because the conversion ration is 1 point:2 loyalty). Have I got this right?

I think they changed it so that you can just register and verify your email to be able to AH.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

That energizer guide is very well written. I made the spec on my level 60 cleric (Since i am desperate for a non-pet solo'ing spec) and wasn't that impressed with it, but it might do very well at low-mid levels. You will definitely want to try some different things once you reach the storm legion areas.

Once you have gear 60shaman/16justicar wrecks everything so fast that it's almost too fast. You essentially follow a regular 61 shaman build but use even justice/reckoning as your non-physical attacks.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

But you lose furious assault :qq:.

Even justice is definitely really nice though, probably worth taking over furious assault for soloing.

77 points please trion ahmahgerd.

We have butteloads of roles now, deal with it.

Also:

quote:

UNHALLOWED BONE FORGE
* Necrotic Throne: Blood Torrent fires at more locations.

Oh god, gonna have to re-learn fights.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Ditto, some fucks decided RAID 0 was just fine for production, gonna be a long night.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

gently caress this, heading home.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Here's a guide I found:

That's the maximum DPS point spread, you may need to spec into Purging Flames or Mental Flare, if that case take the points out of Vital Assistance.

The aim is to use the Archon buff abilities on cooldown, as well as Countdown and as many Flame Bolts as possible. Fireball as filler. You can use Heatwave to reset the cooldown on Lava Field for back-to-back casts. Use Internalize Charge for max dps and Power Drain for big hits.

Use Pyromancer Crystal, the 2pc bonus to Countdown is better than the extra 40 SP from the Archon one.

Useful Macros:

Purges/Cleanses in an AoE around the target
#show Cleansing Flames
suppressmacrofailures
cast @gtae Cleansing Flames

Casts Lava Field around target
#show Lava Field
suppressmacrofailures
cast @gtae Lava Field

Cast Lava Field on yourself without swapping targets
#show Lava Field
suppressmacrofailures
tar @self
cast @gtae Lava Field
targetlasttarget

1 Button Spam (this assumes you will use Flame Bolt and Countdown manually, if you don't/can't do that then put them above Fireball and below Earthen Barrage.)
#show Fireball
suppressmacrofailures
cast Spark Shower
cast Volcanic Bomb
cast Earthen Barrage
cast Fireball
cast Countdown
cast Flame Bolt
cast Searing Vitality

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Whoa, what does that @gtae modifier do? Can you seriously target ground spells like Circle of Oblivion automatically with that?

It's new in 2.3, basically cast @gtae <spell> will cast ground targeted AOEs at your current target. Sabs, Inqs, Wardens and Mages REJOICE!

And I guess puri too :laugh:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

necrotic posted:

For mages it's only really useful for Archon and Dominator. Maybe you are gushing over it with mages who never play those specs? Alternatively (and more likely) they are stupid.

Look at this pyro noob.

Also:

quote:

Manslaughter: Fixed a situation where Goo Shot & Rotary Cannon would not function if there were no targets in range.
:ohdear:

deimos fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 20, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Bussamove posted:

Seriously, how did I miss this poo poo? I read patch notes and everything, but apparently not very well. Gonna spend like 10 minutes later tonight making macros for all my dom/pyro/archon poo poo then live the high life. :getin:

It was a stealth thing, it wasn't in any patch note afaik. I know about it because of Amory and it's started popping up on guides recently (as evidenced above).

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Johnson79 posted:

So basically this means I can buy the Glorified runes from the store with credits and put them on my gear without needing the faction requirements now? Pretty drat happy if this is the case.

You can't buy them from the store without the faction.

lsp posted:

Here's the current collection of Mage changes in testing on the pts:

and then yesterday Kervik posted this:

I am so glad that Kervik is looking at his class with the most anemic DPS.

deimos fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 20, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

To my knowledge, Clerics have never been so bad off that they're just outright sat (except amongst world-first chasers, maybe?), so I would not be horrifically worried.

Clerics have been the lowest ranged DPS since SL launch (and since forever before that). If history is any indicator right after a cleric buff that brings them within 5% of other classes the other classes get a further buff and quickly peel away from cleric.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

Does anyone have that screenshot of the dimension with the giant raven some goon made? Trying to convince my friend who's obsessed with The Sims to give Rift a shot.

It was a pegasus.

Then a griffin.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/336317792

13 minutes in exactly.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

jim truds posted:

I am stuck in the middle with a guild that wants to raid but does not push people to manage gear or know their class so its a few people carrying the rest.

So... goons except carries don't change every week?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

woo graphical glitching with bonus Zoopy voiceover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduR4GQSOh8

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

:siren: STAMPY PUT (OR LINK) THIS ON THE OP, THANKS :siren:

lsp posted:

Lots of questions regarding gearing up at 60 so I compiled a list of things to get. :words: incoming

Level 60 and want to be raid ready?
Get better gear and closer to that 400+ hit requirement by getting things crafted. It is fairly cheap for the mats, augment is likely the most expensive part. Much of the crafted gear is near BiScurrently and will last you quite some time. You want this stuff.

*Before equipping Necklaces, Capes and Belts, have someone with Glorified or Honored reputation with SL factions to rune your stuff*

:3: Mages -- BiS spreadsheet - Augments to use: A)Stellar or Empyrean Cunning Augment (Int+SP) B)Stellar or Empyrean Cunning Augment (Int+Crit Power), created by outfitters
Artificer:
+Hit item Luminous Chrysoprase Treasure&Cunning or Brilliant Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Luminous Chrysoprase Necklace + Augment&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
+Hit item Luminous Madrosa Staff&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
+Hit item Luminous Madrosa Wand&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Outfitter:
+Hit item Luminous Empyrean Cowl&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Luminous Empyrean Wrap& Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Intellectual Lucidity&Cunning or Brilliant Augment - This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is marginally better.
Armorsmith:
Callous Rhenium Cape&Cunning or Brilliant Augment - While base item is wisdom heavy, the huge amount of crit power makes this the best crafted option

:v: Cleric
-- Healing/DPS BiS Healing/DPS Spreadsheet - Augments for DPS A)Stellar or Empyrean Enlightened Augment Wis+SP) B)Stellar or Empyrean Fanatical Augment (Wis+CP), made by Artificers, Augments for Healing: Stellar or Empyrean Blessed Augment (Wis), made by Apothecaries.
Artificer:
+Hit item Callous Chrysoprase Circle& Enlightened Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Callous Chrysoprase Choker& Enlightened Augment
+Hit item Callous Madrosa Rod& Enlightened or Fanatical Augment
Unclouded Foresight& Fanatical or Enlightened Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Callous Rhenium Maul& Fanatical or Blessed Augment
Armorsmith:
+Hit item Callous Rhenium Coif& Fanatical, Enlightened or Blessed Augment
Callous Rhenium Cord&Fanatical or Enlightened Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape&Fanatical, Blessed, or Enlightened Augment

-- Tanking(Requires 400 Toughness and Hit): BiS Tank Spreadsheet - Augments to use for Tanking Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment, made by Apothecaries
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Reinforced Rhenium Truncheon& Rugged Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Reinforced Chrysoprase Circle& Rugged Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Callous Madrosa Rod& Rugged Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape& Rugged Augment
Armorsmith:
+Hit item Reinforced Rhenium Coif& Rugged Augment
Reinforced Rhenium Cord& Rugged Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape& Rugged Augment
Unshakable Defiance& Rugged Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better

:smith: Rogue
--DPS BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: DPS tends to favor Stellar or Empyrean Insidious Augments (AP+CritPower, Bard/Support favor Stellar or Empyrean Keen Augments (Dex+AP), made by Armorsmiths
Artificer:
+Hit item Furious Chrysoprase Lariat& Insidious or Keen Augment
+Hit item Furious Chrysoprase eye& Insidious or Keen Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Outfitter:
+Hit item Furious Truehide Hood& Insidious or Keen Augment
Furious Truehide Belt& Insidious or Keen Augment
Armorsmith:
Vicious Rhenium Cape& Insidious or Keen Augment
Weaponsmith:
Practiced Deception& Insidious or Keen Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Insidious or Keen Augment **While this is a warrior tank bow, the weapon dps is high and is valued more than dex and the like -- this can be used until you acquire Pachis' Guided marker from experts)

-- Tanking(400 toughness and 400 hit) BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment B)Stellar or Empyrean Averting Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Fortified Chrysoprase Lariat& Rugged or Averting Augment
+Hit item Fortified Chrysoprase eye& Rugged or Averting Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Outfitter:
+Hit item Fortified Truehide Hood& Rugged or Averting Augment
Fortified Truehide Belt& Rugged or Averting Augment
Armorsmith:
Empyrean Cape& Rugged or Averting Augment
Unshakable Defiance& Rugged Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Rugged or Averting Augment **While a warrior tank bow, this has a massive amount of endurance on it

:haw: Warrior
--DPS BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: A)Stellar or Empyrean Barbaric Augment or B)Stellar or Empyrean Brutal Augment, made by Weaponsmiths
Artificer:
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Gorget& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Knuckle& Barbaric or Brutal Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Armorsmith:
Vicious Rhenium Cape& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Vicious Rhenium bindings& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Rhenium Greathelm& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Apothecary:
Force& Barbaric or Brutal Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better

-- Tanking(400 toughness and 400 hit) BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment B)Stellar or Empyrean Impenetrable Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Gorget& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
+Hit item Hardened Chrysoprase Eye& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Armorsmith:
Empyrean Cape& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
Hardened Rhenium bindings& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Rhenium Greathelm& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
+Hit item Hardened Rhenium Longsword& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment

:siren: STAMPY PUT (OR LINK) THIS ON THE OP, THANKS :siren:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

I think I can guess the answer, but if I use a Transfiguration Bauble on a staff can I make it look like a spear? Or what about turning it from a 2h weapon skin in to a 1h? The tooltip isn't that precise so I'm not sure if you can only use it on weapons of the same type or not.

2H to 2H: Yes
1H to 1H: Yes
Shield to Shield: Yes
2H to 1H: No
1H to 2H: No
2H|1H to Shield: No
Shield to 1H|2H: No

(note 1H includes all of: One Hand, Main Hand, Off Hand items except Shields)

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

shut up gelly posted:

EAT DIRT KALIBAN

I just re-read swirling flames:

Swirly thing actually does no raid damage, but swirly things touching another player with swirly thing = boom (think Drak's without the death to non-contract players) and it's time based not % based 3:15 then every 30 seconds.

:doh:

deimos fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 24, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

BuzzW posted:

Do totems count as shields or off hand? Either way could produce some cool combinations.

deimos posted:

(note 1H includes all of: One Hand, Main Hand, Off Hand items except Shields)

Now read the item tooltip.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Now if only there was a way to not show the harbinger's weapon in favor of a weapon skin :(

Harb weapons should be a particle effect on your current weapon, because that would rock.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

dahkren posted:

I downloaded this and have been dicking around on a few characters and I went looking for an in-game map addon that has artifact / rare mob locations.

Does something like this exist? I've found some web based ones but not any in game ones.

There are two big rare tracking addons but the name escapes me, pretty sure I use one called "Rare Tracker", for artifacts I am fairly certain there is none that works 100%.

For resource nodes I use Resource Tracker which is pretty nice to know what's around you without having to hover on the mini-map, there's another addon called tomtom that gives you a "dumb" waypoint system for resource tracker and rare tracker, although I haven't used it.

deimos fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 24, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

Speaking of, are the rares still near impossible to find? A while back I attempted to get the achievement for the Freemarch rares, and I think I only ever saw 2 of them during my whole hunt.

On 3SP they're pretty easy to find on the non-newbie zones TBH.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

:siren: Please check your mumble version if you haven't used it in a while and upgrade to 1.2.4 for raiding, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Shadowmorn posted:

Apparently Exploit-EU have been testing 2.4 content, Volan is in one of the 20 man's.

Cant find any real proof about it, but considering that air rift that opens as he dies, i figured Volan would be back for another go at it. Hope its true! :dance:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/dungeons-raids/367246-tier-2-raid-testing-begin-soon-2.html#post4336747

• Locked thread