Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

shut up gelly posted:

EAT DIRT KALIBAN

That's some bomb-rear end archon dps RIGHT? :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Kreczor posted:

Every goon should have to go through the trials of the dong, and subsequently pray to our divine God.

Yes.

Everyone should visit the guild dimension and choose the red or blue path, then go back and do the opposite, because we are amazing.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Hellos, posting this helpful guide to fixing lagish issues with the game, it is pretty comprehensive. Hope this helps with people experiencing some probs:

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/tech-support/176320-general-steps-low-fps-issues.html

quote:

Hello Everyone,

There are a few things to consider when dealing with a lower than average framerate. I will list them here and hopefully you will be able to increase your overall performance.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Ninkobei posted:

I must have failed the trials because I ended up in this:

Here's the leadup to where you ended up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1jFpkiQt-o

lsp fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 30, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Kreczor posted:

We managed to do Kaliban with me hopping in originally as BM but later tempest. We avoided all the trash somehow, and I was disconnecting most of the time which caused a lot of wipes. It went pretty well during the actual fights though and Antaris got away with the BiS belt afaik.

I didn't avoid all of the trash, *buys soulwalk, proceeds to run into trash* :haw:

In regards to Rift Dimension -- They updated our info and voila, http://www.riftdimension.com/?p=4321, there it is. I wonder how many votes we will get this time?!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Kreczor posted:

They didn't mention the slide. :colbert:

Haha they did take a nice screenshot of the slide's end, its so blatantly obvious what it is, too. :iiam:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

I seem to have run into a bug,

Good news! I can replicate it!

(Hi Murven, nice flowers)

lsp fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 3, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

A very thorough guide to Harbinger leveling 1-60 valvalval.net
Click around on the site, these are some quality guides created by the guy who made a majority of the go-to mage guides for pre-SL.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Well, if lots of build up with no money-shot is your sort of thing, here is a majority of our Crucia kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB4_jUSOtGM

Unfortunately, I didn't know the in game recorder only captures 10 minutes... enjoy a taste of what raiding with us is like. Good job all!! :toot:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

I started getting some tells from some pubbies complaining that "awfulcleric" was refusing to duel some that were lower level, I guess the guy paid him to and he took the money, whatever. The weirdass tells persisted until he eventually dueled them and lost

Clearly we need to kick him for the dishonor he has brought the guild :frogout:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

"Originally Posted by Josh York
Hey guys,

We've checked in an adjustment that should go live shortly.

- Level 62 Strongholds will now have a greater chance to drop Greater Essences.
- Level 62 Strongholds of any planar type now share a common pool of Greater Essences.

FAQ:
- Hunt Rifts have not changed.
- These items will still be valuable, rare, and random."

Thank goodness, maybe this will stir up more stronghold interest!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Cleric changes just started rolling out last week, these mage changes have been in the works for well over a month and have gone through many ups and downs. Kervik made a post saying that he is able to shift his attention to clerics now. Even with changes on the pts, I wouldn't expect them to roll out on live for quite some time.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

cams posted:

Playing a Mage for the first time (I only play warfronts) and oh my god, Pyromancer is so much fun. I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

That robot in the background is all :toot:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Bonapartisan posted:

SUMMERFEST
SCAVENGER HUNTS
Join your friends for scavenger hunts throughout Telara – ride a barrel down Scarlet Gorge Falls, risk life and lips to plant a kiss on some of Telara’s greatest villains, and more. You’ll have to follow the clues, though – hunt objectives aren’t marked on your map!

I have a guide in the works for Summerfest Phase 1 of Brevane and Dusken scavenger hunts

RARE COMPANIONS
Unique and adorable critters return to zones across the continent of Mathosia. Catch and befriend up to 11 special companions, from black bunnies to striped prairie dogs and colorful cobras.
I have a guide to catching all of the summerfest rarespawn companions as I had for last year!

I'm SO READY FOR THIS :toot:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Purifiers: The days of lazy shield spamming are going away. A few juicy tidbits from the PTS that weren't mentioned by kervik completely yet, if at all..

Ability: Firewall -- No cooldown
Inflames -- a talent that allows you to place up to 3 firewalls.

Ability: Cauterizing Wave -- No cooldown AoE Cleanse that removes 1 debuff from 10 players.

Ability: Roaring Flames -- The Flamethrowing Healing torrent like ability, heals for meh, in the full relic t2 gear for testing it was healing for 500-600 a tick, guess its an OK splash, nothing fabulous yet

Obviously these are subject to change, and will go through many iterations before hitting live. I think the mages were worked on since pretty much SL launch to get where we were in this last hotfix. Who knows!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

KaneTW posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding my Pyro build/rotation? HTML export is here, if anyone wants an combat log tell me and I'll upload it. I'm using 61 Pyro/9 Archon/6 Harb on the PTS raid dummy without any consumables and the Raid 2 gear + SHoE trinket from the bag (7.1k SP, 80 CP, forgot the SC) if anyone wants to reproduce it.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNldesfIuusksgqfkvxcMvV is the preferred spec at the moment, I'm really not sure what the rotation is anymore, I can't say I've ever mastered the pyro rotation either. I'm looking into learning harb again, been awhile since we've been in melee range, don't know what to do for certain fights with it either! Gotta read up I guess

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

From all the stuff I've been reading in regard to the lag going on for some people, its definitely an ISP thing. I noticed a lot of people reporting the problems were affiliated with comcast and or at&t in some shape or form. Hope this gets fixed soon, things were pretty unplayable

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Still having problems with their forums and websites loading, awesome :smith: I was hoping this would resolve itself before summerfest stuff went live but its not looking like it! I have the pet guide ready, hopefully when I can stay connected I'll get a scavenger hunt guide/spoiler guide compiled. I hope everyone is ready for the onslaught of stupid pop culture references in the quests.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Summerfest brings rare spawns of friendly-flagged critter npcs that catchable companion pets! There are 11 different companions for you to catch, and they are only here for the duration of the event. When you catch them, you loot a companion pet version of that critter. They are account bound also, so catch more than one at a time if you want to send some to your alts.

Summerfest companion guide & general tips

Catch/trap ability: This is what button pops up when you are near it.

- DO NOT purchase the pet "Twiddle" unless you are lazy and have an excess of badges. Below are coordinates for a mob named "Mini Mordant", the pet you loot from catching it is the pet named "Twiddle", not a reskin not a separate item, the pet you loot is the same as the one on the Summerfest vendor
- DO NOT use your merit badges on the companion boxes unless you have an excess stash and are LAZY, you can get multiples of the same pets, but they are account bound
- Pets spawn every 65 minutes, for example: As of Tuesday, July 10th, the last time pets have spawned was at 7:55 EST. The next spawn will be 9:00, followed by 10:05 and so on. As long as you know the last spawn time, you can keep going off of that
- They are up for only 5 minutes with a timer that starts when someone is in the vicinity of the mob. The mob will start running away very quickly , and the trapping range is very small so having a macro is very helpful
- Multiple pets spawn at the same time and generally in the same spot. Not every pet on the list will spawn at the same time, but rather a few from the list. You might want to have people checking different spots for every spawn time, ready to banner eachother to the locations
- Multiple people can catch the pets, there is no cap as to how many can catch it so don't worry if you see other people chasing it around

Map of spawn locations

Suggested traveling methods: PA teleports and using instant adventures to sometimes place you in areas close to the spawns are good ways to travel quickly to the zones if portals are a bit far

Suggested x,y,z coordinates: You should check these spawns as a priority compared to other marked locations
Spotted Snake - Freemarch: 6568,848,4758
Black Bunny - Silverwood: 6252,847,2853
Brown Rat - Stonefield: 5212,1055,5170
Tamed Deepfang - Gloamwood: 4925,1054,2879
Scoots - Scarlet Gorge: 3871,980,2843
Black Coyote - Scarwood Reach: 3868,1096,4283
Tabby Cat - Moonshade Highlands: 5672,973,1799
Mini Mordant - Droughtlands: 7202,891,6008
White Squirrel - Iron Pine Peak: 3808,1243,1675
Green Cobra - Shimmersand: 6960,917,7278
Jewel Scarab - Stillmoor: 2153,1153,2312

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Getting double weekly and daily summerfest patron login rewards! The once-per-account claiming of gifts is per datacenter, and the US and EU regions use different datacenters. Summerfest login gifts contain 25-50 credits +/-, which are account bound.

What you need to do is change your region at the Launcher->Settings->Region from North America to Europe
Login as normal and select any server
Create a new character
Collect Weekly/Daily patron gifts
Tada, you have credits added to your credit stash.

Found this interesting tidbit yesterday, finally got around to trying it out. It works like a charm. Exploit you say? Daglar acknowledged it, wants to see how the promotion affects the store and said that he may or may not change it. Its staying in place for the time being, so enjoy your bonus credits while you can :toot:

Source: Daglar is a cool guy@rift forums

lsp fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 25, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Machai posted:

cross-post from the "Smile Everybody" photoshop thread.

Why does Crucia never smile. She always sounds so smug.

I always thought that was Queen Miela, if that's Crucia, they look pretty similar

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Daerc posted:

You are correct. Still up there ahead of everything but Pyro and lock sub-50%. Doesn't help that I'd forgotten that after my last big check of paragon parses they got buffed, so I was going in with a mental note of ~24k when the numbers everyone seems to be supposed to be balanced around now are 25k for melee and 22-23k for ranged.

e: God drat Ahov needs to not be talking about one spec and then parse with another.

Lock is still parsing less than pyro even sub-50% :( It was fun while it lasted. Pyro is super-cooldown managey too, I still haven't figured out the pyro rotation, the guides are super outdated.

I wish I had a ranged spec like inq for spam! Lucky ducks.

Re: to not winning dim contest,
The top 3 winners were paying for +1 with plat and rex, the top winner on our server is likely why they made the winners the top 3 :P Oh well, ours is still kinda fun!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

I got this game mail today :catstare:

This pubby often visits the guild dimension, if you're in there long enough they start some inane, and very awkward small talk.

I think there needs to be a care package sent, though I don't know what just yet.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

:smith: Bye Elrar :smith:
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/380856-updates-about-rift-community.html#post4453848

Really? I loved this guy. He was always fun to listen to and involved the community.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

shut up gelly posted:

if you're the spergy kind of person who likes to map out their rep grinds, check out the rep spreadsheet

Might want to add an option for 10% treasure map bonus

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

http://www.riftgame.com/en/defiance/
That stuff is badass. Apparently only for physical copies. Walmart around here has it for the cheapest, probably gonna do that tomorrow.

"This promo is only for boxed copies and during the time frame of the promo, not previous sales.
~Daglar"

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

You know, I probably shouldn't read this thread while seated in the middle of this lecture. I accidentally left a large version of stampy's corginudes up on my laptop. I hope no one saw :ohdear:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Please help guild bank by eating all of the artifacts... all of our tabs are overflowing :ohdear:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

My fursona is a chusky

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Regarding the limited time stuff, I have to say I don't mind it too terribly much. It puts a bit of uniqueness in a sea of the same... I prefer the limited quantity items more, rather than limited time window. They had been posting a limited offer item at the same time every Thursday at 8pm server, this included at one point the ruby ki rin and shadow hellbug. :10bux:

Watch this comment jinx me and miss the limited time offers because of school.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Saw this about new incoming raid markers: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/391575-more-fun-raid-marks.html ...

This one in particular: -- Vandee's new raid face

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

quote:

* Attack distance is increased by 1m if the target is jumping while in PvP combat.

This will be hilarious to see backlash about... :getin:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Bonapartisan posted:

Project Amory Fountain is go.

I'm fairly certain no party is complete without our signature guild dimension waterslide... the new pouring water effects are a nice touch

lsp fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 20, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

I won't be home until a bit later and I need to know things :aaa: very impatient.

What colors are the new dyes? I hope they are neon. I wonder what the store t1 weapons upgrade to now? That would be awesome if the mage wand turns into something good... we've still not seen a twins wand.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Kreczor posted:

The joke is that said t1 weapons don't upgrade because they don't even exist. Trion is just teasing us.

I thought the ESM weapons were considered t1 like the "Reinforced Sublime Wand" etc?

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

The new dyes are amazing, wearing exceptionally ruby, exceptionally pumpkin and exceptionally violet. Pretty much worth the credits spent, you can also buy/trade them.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

KaneTW posted:

We have mages rivalling tac/sabs in aoe DPS in SC but it's a pretty difficult spec to learn and not really worth it just for the trash.

I've found that most trash doesn't live long enough to setup and sustain SC rotation and in t2 trash I'm often stuck domming. I want a mindless spam aoe spec that does hefty sustained dps...y'know like sab. But yeah.. SC, too much buildup and management for the quality of the payoff.

Its looking like the changes to warlock on the PTS will make it viable again. The damage was boosted to be pyro-level without the burst on long parses with that tradeoff being the ability to 'cleave dot' and aoe pretty well. So far there have been no indications of imbalanced dps which is pretty impressive considering it is the first pass. The new goto specs are likely going to be either 61warlock/6harb(blazing light)/9 necro or 61warlock/13 necro/2chloro (withering vine)

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Murvin posted:

Amory, fashion forward as always, sporting the new mech hats.

Hahaha what? This must have happen while I was afk. That is a fantastic bug

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

A few folks have been generous and have gifted holiday light dimension boxes and whatever other holiday dimension items they happen upon to me. (Amory)I have a bunch of lights to hang up as well as make the slide a bit more festive :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

• Locked thread