Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
If anyone who wanted a key from Raptr and missed out on it, shoot me a pm and I'll send you the one I didn't use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Dermit posted:

Just missed it by a few hours, so I'd be pretty stoked if you still have this to hand out. No PMs, but my email is Dermit@gmail.com if you wanted to hit me on there. It would be very much appreciated--been bumming that I wouldn't get to try out the new SL stuff.

Sorry, just sent it off to another person in pm!

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Dermit posted:

Raptr, I take back all of the horrible things I ever said about you! Well, not really, you're still terrible...but thanks for the key!

In as Dermist. Could use a guild invite :)

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Apparently there are another 3000+ keys on Raptr so anyone who missed out, now's the time!

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
Yes, just play Rift Lite for 13 hours with Raptr running at the same time and then you own Storm Legion.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Beach Party posted:

Best rogue leveling build i found was Nightblade/Rift Stalker/Tact.

First four points you get go into tactician for Curative engine buff, then work up to 8 points in rift stalker for boosted recovery. After that, every point goes into Nightblade with your leftover points filling out the rest of rift stalker.

The build at 50: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/betaStorm2012#wkkGaii8D4/Tf/tr555i

Yup, this is what I've used for leveling my rogue. I used tactician until I got into Seratos and then gave up for a while because it just didn't work there. I took too much damage and did too little even using cooldowns.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Zoness posted:

A PSA For Defilers:

Do cast bonds on bosses pre-pull (they're like radiant spores they don't generate threat). Don't cast Sacrifice Life: Planar Charge with bonds on bosses. This is a not hilarious way to pull bosses. That is all.

(Also apparently warlord tanking generates too much aggro. I don't know the details but it was some awful awful shenanigans)

Ah, so that's how you pulled Gelidra. Also, last night was terrible even without Smoked's threat fuckery.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Keshik posted:

Yeah that's me. :coal:

I need some advice from peoples because Google is of little help. I pugged TODQ just now, and won this at the end:

So, uh, how do I go about building a super-awesome bow out of this? Which bosses from EE and FT do I need, specifically?

You'll need to kill the first boss of Endless Eclipse and the mini-boss after the first boss of Frozen Tempest.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Zoness posted:

I'll be honest I'm a lot happier with council as opposed to limited free roll but maybe that's because I'm weird but I can also see how a council system might not work really well for a more casual raid group.

Honestly, I wasn't even happy doing council loot for TI's alt ID/HK runs. It just didn't feel really fair when half to a quarter of our raid changed every week. I wanted to reward people who continually came, but also newcomers who did well and I wasn't always happy with the choices we made. I mean, we needed to give gear to the people who came every week obviously so we could carry the alt run even better (and so they'd be willing to come again and again), but I still felt like a dick giving loot to a vet over a new person. It definitely works a lot better when you know who exactly is coming every week that way you can evenly give out the gear. If you look at everyone in guild, they're almost all 4 or 5 relic gear pieces now (six on one or two of our tanks.)

zerocrash fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 7, 2013

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Should include this too: http://www.rift-hero.com/magegear/

It organizes the gear by different weights per spec as any spec with Burning Fury likes Crit Power a lot more than those without for example.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
e; Actually, I misread your post so mine was pointless.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

necrotic posted:

Lightning Blade is still in. It's an alternative for when you're not using slash attacks.

This exactly. The new harb weapon buff as you can see still has the 5% chance to proc a bit of damage just as lightning blade does. It's Trion's answer to players not being able to see their weapons in game anymore because harbinger as a support soul for every (not actually every) spec.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

roboticbears posted:

You might be able to get customer service to fix this, not sure but probably worth a try.

They'd definitely help with this, assuming it doesn't take them that long to respond. CS has been swamped/slow since the game went free to play.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

lordfrikk posted:

From what I've gathered Defiler is unfit for leveling because its strengths come from skills you get higher up the tree. Tactician is supposedly the current fad, though, right? I've seen so many flamethrowers when leveling it looked like goddamn end of the world. Same for Harbinger, saw a lot of melee mages.

Tactician I found stopped being useful for leveling after you leave the first Storm Legion zone. Everything just starts to hit too hard and its self healing can't keep up anymore but before then it's pretty good. Harbinger though is really good, especially when paired with chloromancer. I'm not sure how good it is pre-50 but I made the spec during Rift's Storm Legion beta and it's still the spec I use now at level 60 soloing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Zoness posted:

I'm ignorant to any possible drama and I'm not really interested in joining TGX.

There's no drama that you're not seeing. We (the council members) just don't have the time to rebuild the core of the guild anymore like we did two and a half years ago. Moat leaving was just the start of a domino effect.

zerocrash fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 17, 2013

• Locked thread