Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Just chiming in to say that I also got the 30 days and expansion on an existing account that I'd bought at launch with the Raptr thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They have other rewards as well. A pretty cool helm, some ugly rear end shoulders and a fairly unique pet thing.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Tezzeract posted:

You can get the expansion for free using the Raptr rewards.

http://raptr.com/game/Rift/rewards/rift-storm-legion

Could this get added to the OP, maybe? It's a huge boost for F2P people for the character and bag slots.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I really wish mercenary wasn't a thing in warfronts. I always seem to be merc'd onto the losing side.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Chompers posted:

Probably a dumb question but is it possible to 'game' the Raptr time played value? I'd like to fake having the 16 hours played to get the expansion + goodies.

Just leave it on overnight. Even when you get disconnected for being afk, leave it on the "you have been disconnected" screen and it still counts towards your playtime.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Invisible Handjob posted:

I bought this a long time ago, I probably still have my account. Will I get any bonuses by using this account when f2p goes live, or would I be better off starting a trial account and getting 10 hours of playtime like the OP lists? (I want the expansion for free and do not want to pay $15 or whatever to resub my old account for a month)

Just make a new account and do the Raptr thing.

e; beaten auuggghh

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Wow, so, Trion removed the 30 days I got for plugging the Raptr thing into my old account a week or so ago last night because it's suddenly acting like I have a trial account.

e; Can I grab another guild invite? Name is Karx again, but it won't let me apply in-game or join the goonsquad channel.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 16, 2013

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Here's hoping F2P fills the later pre-SL zones up a bit. I remember that was what killed the game for me when I played it ages ago. I got to the 45+ zones and was literally the only one in them for days at a time.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone else having trouble logging in? I make it to the character select screen but when I chose my character and attempt to get into the game world the game just locks up. Never had the issue before.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Could someone explain how the crosserver and Ghunt stuff works for someone that's never been beyond level 50 or touched SL content before?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can someone explain how to use BananAH? it's kind of going over my head at this point. I just want to be able to sell stuff at a 1 silver undercut, nothing fancy.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

lovely MM macros for Karx

Spam
#show Empowered Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Empowered Shot
cast Swift Shot
cast Break Free

Finishers (Bull's Eye only buffs the first hit of Rapid Fire AFAIK so you might want to use it on Deadeye but I'm probably wrong!)
#show Deadeye Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Bull's Eye
cast Deadeye Shot
cast Rapid Fire Shot
cast Hasted Shot
cast Break Free

Spammy AoE
#show Lightning Fury
suppressmacrofailures
cast Lightning Fury
cast Fan Out

Disclaimer: If these don't help you win at PVP then it's your fault for copying lovely wrong macros

Thank you. :3:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Daerc posted:

Woah, there's a right way and a wrong way to be lazy for MM, and macroing BE and DES into your main builder is not the way to do it (they're pretty much just to recharge energy if/when you need it). Also, it may be that I have poor luck, but macroing break free into everything seems to always result in me using it on something that was only gonna last a second or two anyway, and not having it when it'd actually be nice to have. Given that Karx is level 39, taking out break free and moving BE/DES to it's own macro would be all I'd do, but I personally do what amounts to 2+2 button marksman. I have 2 main spam buttons I hit and 2 extra buttons I hit essentially on CD, but they're long CDs. The 2 extra buttons of course being Strafe and Quick Reload.

Builder:
#show Empowered Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Free Recoil
cast Empowered Shot
cast Swift Shot

#show Rapid Fire Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Decoy
cast Rapid Fire Shot
cast Hasted Shot

Also, you're generally going to get a lot more damage replacing fan out in that macro with chain destruction.

Thanks to you too! I've really only PVP'd as a Ranger or (on other characters way back when)Chloromancer or Pyro, so I was just curious to see if going MM would have be a marked improvement to my PVP damage over my usual Ranger PVE spec.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Do clerics ever stop being incredibly unbalanced in PVP or can I look forward to 20 more levels of "whoever has more clerics wins"?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
This is Karx.

I've decided to basically shelf Rift til I can get a rig capable of running it at more than the lowest graphics. I had a lot of fun talking poo poo with you guys in gchat, and I'll be back eventually so don't kick me. :bigtran:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Hey guys, this is Karx coming back after 3 months or so away from the game. I logged in to <Everything is Fine> and it's telling me the guild transferred? What should I do to go about joining up with you guys again?

Also, has much changed in the last few months?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I would appreciate a guild invite. I'm currently in there as Karx, but found it a bit overwhelming to return halfway through the leveling process. Made a new guy named Karkus.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Still looking for a guild invite as Karkus.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Is there a decent mage spec for low level warfronts? I seem to get absolutely wrecked no matter what I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Are the servers down? I keep getting "the shard you were last on has been locked" or whatever.

• Locked thread