Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
Right now my biggest problem is deciding on getting my Mage to 60 or switching to Rogue. I'd like the ability to tank, can Rogues do that well at endgame? I have so many mounts, titles, pets and fluff items on my Mage though I don't want to just lose them all in favor of a Rogue but drat if I don't have so much more fun with my Rogue. I don't really like pure casters, I like the Necro and Harbringer most, are those viable in raids? Last time I raided everyone told me to do Storm/Pyro (I can't remember the exact specs) and I just hated it. If we just had account-wide mounts and pets I probably wouldn't be so torn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
I dunno how Harb is at that level, but I had some luck with Necro because of the tank pet. Give it a shot?

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
I vote the next thread to be named "Rift: Can ya toss me an invite?".

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
Since the last patch, the potential for pretty-princessing has increased tenfold. Every piece of gear you find is added to your account wardrobe, as well as dyes.

Now if only progression wasn't so screwy!

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes

Givin posted:

I had completely forgotten about this game! For the one or two people still playing, are the official forums still the go to place for info/builds? I wanna try out that healing rogue and tank mage.

Yep, the forums are decent for builds. Tank mage is very fun and surprisingly easy to run. I thought you'd have to rotate like a billion defense buffs just to not die but that's not the case at all. I'm not sure about healing rogue but they do a good job healing my Arbiter.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
^ Nope, you can get rid of everything in your bags/bank. I actually have a bank now instead of 500 random armors/weapons, it's great.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Since the infusion edition is 25$ on steam, I've been thinking getting it to mess around since I quite enjoyed Rift in the early storm legion days. I haven't played a whole lot since F2P got put in, how's the new expansion overall?

Very long and slow rep/gear grinds. But if you're an achievement whore and enjoy exploring, dimensions, and generally not giving a f*ck about endgame, it's still pretty fun.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
"Just okay".

There was a pretty big bump when the expansion launched but there have been less and less people every day it seems. It'll probably jump back up a bit next week when if the patch comes out.

I only log on to mess about with dimensions and sell crafting mats from minion adventures, but last time I went to Tempest Bay, the crafting/auctioneer room had like two people in it, whereas a few months ago it was full of people. Then again this was like 1 in the morning.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
TB is still the main hub for whatever reason. The city in NT was extremely laggy for most, and the new one isn't much better, plus afaik there isn't really a place for crafters or an auctioneer even though the new city is probably one of the most interesting places in the new expansion. #Trino

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
Patch 4.1 just hit, including a new raid with an LFR system, rehashed dungeons, and a legendary weapon system with good old fashioned grind-til-you're-dead.

It took them 4 months just to make that content, and they even delayed the release of the patch by a month. At this point I'm not sure if it's that they just don't care anymore or that they've forgotten how to make an MMO. I'd wager a little bit of both.

Rift? More like RIPt.

desudrive fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 31, 2017

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
You too can run around four incredibly washed out, uninspired biomes with questing that won't even take you to max level unless you use experience potions. For free!

Enjoy a forest! And... a swampy forest! A desert! And lava world! All of this with the most bland and uninspired kill/collect quests you've ever done!

... seriously, what happened to this game?

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
Agreed. The base game and Storm Legion had fantastic zones in my opinion. Nightmare Tide not so much. And the latest one just feels like they gathered a bunch of assets and threw them around on a map. Seriously uninspired.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
Apparently Trion put out some sort of survey to a few people asking what they think about a vanilla/challenge server.

Thoughts?

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
I got into Rift a little late. I think it was the first free trial and I leveled a Necromancer because it was super fun. When I hit max level the Goon guild let me tag along for a few raids, though I can't even remember which ones they were. I was asked to play Chloro though I never played it so I'm pretty sure I was awful. I played off and on for a while and eventually the guild was dead so I moved to Greybriar.

I've always found myself coming back to the game even though it's been a slow downward spiral. It's a shame that the expansion turned out the way it did or I could see myself raiding again.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
This will never happen obviously, but a vanilla server that builds on the original design with small zones and encounters added over time with a completely new dev team made up of fans - sort of like an alternate reality (which wouldn't be out of place in lore) would be amazing.

A man can dream though. A man can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
So 4.2 is all right. The zone isn't just a clusterf*ck of random assets like the rest of the "expansion" - it actually has art design, and the questline is slightly interesting again. There's a big grind to get a jetpack mount which is kinda nice instead of just for some piece of gear you'll replace in a patch. It reminds me of the Planetouched Wilds patch from NT. I've actually been having fun mucking around in the new zone, though I can't see myself doing "endgame" ever again.

7/10 would help Animal Town again.

• Locked thread