Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Read the OP and saw that Raptr was giving away expansions. Downloaded Raptr and started a new RIFT account (as I can't login to my old one for some reason) and started downloading the client. Got to the last page in this thread and realized that all the keys are gone, but more may be coming soon. I haven't played since beta/launch, and it seems a lot of stuff has changed / been introduced. Excited to check this game out, but don't have any money to buy the expac. Hopefully I can get the key for free SL! If not I may just roll a class that doesn't rely on the new souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Gray Area posted:

More Raptr keys have been added today.

Oh! Guess I spoke too soon! Awesome. :)

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Am on a trial account waiting for my Raptr time to add up. If I can get a guild invite on a trial account, I'd like an invite for Vaeryth. Thanks!

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Got my Raptr upgrade! Yay! It still says 3000+ left too, so most goons should be able to get it still. :)

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

If I'm a mage what are the specs I'll be needing? 1 DPS 1 Support 1 Healer 1 PvP at a minimum? I feel like I'll get confused with all those haha. You think if I get to endgame and just want to DPS that will be kosher?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Eltoasto posted:

Well right now pyro owns bones, so if you get good at pyro then yes, people will want you dps'ing. They will probably get irritated if you don't have an archon or chloro spec handy in an emergency though. We currently have 6 role slots at 60 now, so 1 archon, 1 chloro, 1 solo, and then the last 3 can be a mix of pvp if you do that and dps.

Zoness posted:

Warlock, Stormcaller, and Dominator still have their purposes but if you want to be the hot poo poo at killing things single target pyro is where it's at.

I've wanted to get my mage to 60 ever since that Glyphs of Power buff.

So If I only want to dps, and I don't want to play pyro I'm screwed? Should I just reroll as a melee class or something?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Eltoasto posted:

Warlock is also very good. Dom and SC are very nice aoe dps. There are other builds you can be, pyro is just the top single target DPS. But if you are coming at it with the attitude that you ONLY want to DPS and ONLY want to be a necromancer, well then some groups will only want you to not be in them. Rift has amazing versatility within the classes, but the players need to take advantage of that.

Well the issue is that there are far more MMOs with single roles than there are with versatility, and most people are likely groomed as such. For example, anyone coming from WoW thinks Mage = DPS, Priest(Cleric) = Heals, Warrior = Tank, Rogue = DPS. With Rift allowing multiple roles and switch on the fly it'll take some getting used to I suppose.

On top of that, I hate healing with keyboard shortcuts. I am too spoiled from having used the Clique addon in WoW. :saddowns: I suppose I'll have Archon, Chloro, and maybe Dom for my roles. Archon doesn't look too bad at least. Chloro I have no idea..I'll just have to get over the healing with a keyboard.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Wolpertinger posted:

There are healbot addons on the Rift section of Curse if that's your thing. Currently assigning macros to clicks is funky which is irritating for me, but it works just fine with assigning ordinary abilities to left/right/middle/mouse4/mouse5 shift/alt/ctrl clicks

Can you tell me the name of one of the good healbot addons? I find that looking for addons on curse for Rift is more of a hassle than anything because there aren't many catergories, etc.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Ok cool thanks :)

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Not sure what some of you are doing wrong, but I never had to enter CC info and I have SL + 30 Days. I am guessing Photex got charged because he isn't allowed the new game time on an existing old account, but as far as Madcosby is concerned..unless he's putting the code in on an old account, not sure why he'd need CC info. I have an old account, but since I couldn't get into it (forgot security codes, etc) I decided to make a trial account and used that for the SL + 30 Days.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Just got Hellbug mount today..only took 3 rifts total! :smug:

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

deimos posted:

That sounds about average for the crappiest of the hellbug mounts.

OH..what? There are multiple mounts you can get? FML :( I got the green titled one so I guess you're right.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Does the game slow down in the 30s or is it just me? Also I mage healed with chloro and hated it. I will likely just come up with excuses not to heal as I go :/

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kreczor posted:

I guess no one wants the Raptr pet. One last shot, if no one emails me by midnight tomorrow I'll just use it for myself. Or e-bay, I wonder how much these go for.

Emailed you. :)

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Finding it hard to play now that I'm in the 30's. Am 32 currently..the instances suck, and the leveling is slow for questing. Is there a way to speed things up?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Krabkolash posted:

Instant adventure. It is seriously the best way to level if you're not a fan of questing. Alternatively, I think warfronts are still pretty speedy leveling too?

Is there a trick to joining these? I haven't seen any pop up since I was in my mid 20's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I've logged in twice since the F2P conversion, and niether times did I have a queue. It has to be only during peak times because I am logging in early afternoon.

• Locked thread