Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
People wanted me to post the website with the google maps of all artifact locations, so here you go : http://psiharis.com/rift/parser/

Unfortunately, there are so many possible artifact locations that hunting down a specific artifact or location is unreasonable, but what it IS useful is for just seeing the general distribution of artifacts on a map - you know where there are tons of possible locations, and where there are few - most large clumps of artifacts on that map ALWAYS have at least one and often two to four artifacts spawned at a time, and just making a little patrol along the biggest clumps can net you bags of white/green artifacts with the occasional blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Obscurity posted:

Well the issue is that there are far more MMOs with single roles than there are with versatility, and most people are likely groomed as such. For example, anyone coming from WoW thinks Mage = DPS, Priest(Cleric) = Heals, Warrior = Tank, Rogue = DPS. With Rift allowing multiple roles and switch on the fly it'll take some getting used to I suppose.

On top of that, I hate healing with keyboard shortcuts. I am too spoiled from having used the Clique addon in WoW. :saddowns: I suppose I'll have Archon, Chloro, and maybe Dom for my roles. Archon doesn't look too bad at least. Chloro I have no idea..I'll just have to get over the healing with a keyboard.

There are healbot addons on the Rift section of Curse if that's your thing. Currently assigning macros to clicks is funky which is irritating for me, but it works just fine with assigning ordinary abilities to left/right/middle/mouse4/mouse5 shift/alt/ctrl clicks

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Obscurity posted:

Can you tell me the name of one of the good healbot addons? I find that looking for addons on curse for Rift is more of a hassle than anything because there aren't many catergories, etc.

This is the only that works, as far as I know - I've tried both of the ones I can find. One hasn't been updated in a while and so errors out, this one works fine but has funky macro functionality, which honestly aren't completely necessary but being able to do things like casting an instant cast heal with a cooldown go off when available when you hit a button, and otherwise casting a normal no-cooldown ability is making me lazy.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

So, anyone got a good idea for a low level (22) build for a Mage to AOE the poo poo out of things in events? I still have very little what souls do what beyond Harb/Chloro owns for levelling and Pyro/Dom for warfronts.

I think tactician has spoiled me with its flame throwing goodness.

Unfortunately, at these lower levels, tactician appears to be the indisputed king of AoE - later on tactician is unseated, but there's not much you can do that's QUITE as amazing AOEwise as a mage for a long time (Apparently stormcaller can become amazing at AOE but it has an extremely difficult rotation and I've never really done well with it). You do have a few OK options though. Pyromancer has a channeled AOE that can kill groups pretty decently, but the main AOE I have ended up using while leveling my mage is just using Lucent Slash on a chloroharb - You might not get that for a few levels, though. It has the nice perk of being a life damage attack, so if you use Livegiving Veil and Radiant Weapon just spamming it will keep you alive even while AOEing down the largest swarms.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Xerophyte posted:

Before rolling here I leveled a mage to 30 on Some EU Server to muck around and Stormcaller turned out pretty solid at low levels. The rotation is pretty fun and varied, it synergizes nicely with Elementalist, you get an 8 target aoe immediately (compared to one 5 target at 20 for Pyro) and the assorted aoe boosting synergies start coming around level 25 with Hailstorm and Lightning Field. It at least parsed better in groups than my Pyro, somewhat depending on tank aggression. I didn't compare with Harbinger, if I wanted to hit things with magic swords I'd play Riftblade. :colbert:

Eh, Stormcaller always felt sort of clunky - I never really ended up doing good enough AOE to justify the complete abandonment of competent single target damage, self healing, and survivability. Especially since most AOE situations tend to have less than 8 enemies anyway. I'm sure it's good in some situations if you learn how to use it, but it's just so.. inflexible. Plus, I wasn't the biggest fan of hypothermia/electrocution - it just seemed like a really awkward mechanic to fit into a rotation.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

tamphex posted:

Seems all the shards just took a big dive - or is it just me?

Me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
So I played a little while ago, just as RIFT was going f2p, aaaaaaaand.. all my characters are gone. I checked every single shard. Any idea what the hell happened? It acts like i have a brand new account.

• Locked thread