Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Have they added a "the Grim" suffix yet? I need to make my guy Grim Grimmerson the Grim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chompers posted:

Probably a dumb question but is it possible to 'game' the Raptr time played value? I'd like to fake having the 16 hours played to get the expansion + goodies.

It's time logged in, you can just ark over night and get 8 hours easy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So story-wise,is Regulos dead and gone now?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Has anyone tried gaming the raptr system for ascend a friend?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So they've said that people that bought the year subscription for the free expansion will get $50 in cash shop credit, have they said if we'll have patron status until that year is up as well?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I've decided to give this another try with the game going free to play. I have like 90k store credit from my account age and subscription time. Are there super awesome account wide perks to buy or anything besides xp pots to but to make leveling easier? I have like 25 pots per character already.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Eltoasto posted:

How the hell did you get 90k credits? Ummm well get the SL souls if you don't have them, the bag is good, change yourself to a female bahmi with a fro obviously, unlock the bag slots on your char, maybe bank slots and crafting skills. There is nothing super awesome, it's a good f2p model.

My fault, it's 21k, I did the year deal when SF came out, but burned out on my Mage by 53. Want to try this time since they seem to be going in a more technological bent for them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Can some throw an invite to Krunkthas?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Black Pants posted:

You get the expansion content for free but still need to buy the Storm Legion souls from the Rift Store for about $20 worth of credits. In doing so you'll probably be put very close to clearing the first tier of Loyalty, so there's that too. Getting to the second tier of Loyalty nets you a 110% speed mount you can use from level 1.

One thing to pay attention to is where you collect things the Rift Store gives you. Up in the top right when you first open it (key is ]) you'll see a box with stuff you can claim. Each day you log in you'll get a box from there with a free random artifact.

Uh, as Stumbly mentioned there's a set of presets you can choose which will tell you where to put your points each level but they are, in my opinion, too broadly focused and you'll end up taking stuff you probably don't need for just say, questing or healing a 5-man. They are good for getting a feel of the various soul combinations though.

As for healing itself, what I've found in my experience is the best early-game healing comes from focusing on Warden with a touch of Sentinel. Warden is the water HoT soul, and is very, very much like Resto Druid healing. Sentinel has instant life-based heals and healing buffs, while Purifier has shields and powerful but long-cast fire-based heals. With more talent points Purifier probably gets better but if you focus on it at say level 15-20, you'll just have shields that absorb maybe a single hit, and heals that take 3 seconds to cast. YMMV though, so try all of them, respeccing is cheap.

Edit: wtf, I thought I refreshed before typing this.

Are all the claim items only once per account? There's a couple of veteran's rewards in there that I already get on every character.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I opened one and got 100 Conqueror's Marks, 75 Frozen Stones and a relic ring.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Will they be coming packaged with the expansion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Can I get an invite for Grimmerson?

• Locked thread