Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

lsp posted:

I thought the ESM weapons were considered t1 like the "Reinforced Sublime Wand" etc?

Sure they are, I was just referring to raiding T1 weapons as drops from bosses not the token buying ones. Sorry, should have clarified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

rawr im a tree posted:

Special shout outs to Amory, Starving, Fargg, and especially to my brother Vandee for carrying my scrub rear end through my first SL dungeons/experts and not getting mad when I died on literally every single boss because gently caress melee. :(

Whoever created Archive of Flesh can straight up go gently caress themselves.

If I take this literally, I really hope you two are never in the same room when we inevitably wipe to Eggtenders for weeks on end. I'm afraid there are not enough dogs and cats in the world to circumvent the rage you two would cause, North America would probably implode.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

So on Wednesday, my character decided to combine his gear and uniform into one masterpiece...

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Grittykitty posted:

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES
GRIM AWAKENING
* Salvarola
- Lowered damage of Warped Fanatics.
- Lowered both the damage bonus and the health of Warped Fanatics under the effects of Overwhelming Power.

Nice, now he's even easier than before. If only I could stop dying to soul incineration :smith:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

At one point we were having to stress to meet the DPS requirement for Greenscale, a mighty 16k raid dps.

Now tsu does like 25k by himself.

and Vandee does 32k. Number inflation :shlick:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Goon Squad Raid Schedule
-All raids reset on Wednesdays around noon server time
-We aren't a hardcore raiding guild, we just enjoy raiding
-This list is only for those who get confused about when we raid
-If you're close to the hit requirement, tell us and we'll help bump you up
-We use Suicide Kings loot system:
--https://tinyurl.com/GoonSK
--If you want a piece of gear, you x when it's called and if you're higher on the list you get it.
--After you get the loot, you're dropped to the bottom of the list
--If no one wants loot it gets sharded

Wednesday - 20 man Farm Night
Start time: 6:00pm PST, 9:00pm EST

On Wednesdays, we do our best to bring a mix of new raiders and a general backing of people who have cleared these fights multiple times. Most nights, we will sit a few people due to the amount of people showing up so it's necessary that you show up in mumble before the raid starts if you want to get in. Our goal for Wednesdays is to fully clear Frozen Tempest and kill up to Goloch in Endless Eclipse (4/5).

Duration: Wednesdays normally go for a full three hours, but can be cut short for emergency or if we just can't kill a boss after a ludicrous amount of attempts.

Thursday - 10 man core

On Thursdays, our core raiders attempt a full clear of the Tier 2 raid Grim Awakening. We don't currently have a second raiding team to tackle this raid. If you want to lead/participate we can help set this up so just mention it to someone. Please keep in mind that you will need 520 hit to participate in this raid.

Duration: Two hours max

Sunday - 10 man core

We raid on Sundays only if everyone from the team is available and if we didn't finish the raid on Thursday.

Duration: Dependent on Thursday raid.

Monday - 20 man Progression

For Mondays we do our 20 man progression. Normally, if we didn't kill Regulos on Wednesday, we'll take care of him. Afterwards, if we have enough people geared, we will attempt to do one of the Tier 2 20-man raids, either Planebreaker Bastion or Infinity Gate. These raids require at least 520 hit.

Duration: Dependent. If we have the raiders for Tier 2 raiding, it will be longer. Max three hours.

Tuesday - 10 man core

We raid on Tuesdays only if everyone from the team is available and if we didn't finish the raid on Thursday or Sunday.

Duration: Dependent on Thursday and Sunday raid.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Praqzis posted:

I am curious... how active is the guild in this game during PST 9PM-Midnight or so? Many folks on? I'm currently without an MMO home and looking for fun F2P MMOs to roll with guildies.

As per my post on pg 138, we're most active from 6pm-9pm PST as that is our raiding time (to accomodate est and pst players), though I do know that there are quite a few west coasters who stick around afterwards. There's mostly always someone online so you shouldn't be without people to play with.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Elswyyr posted:

Are we allowed to invite pubbie friends into the guild? Me and my brother are currently playing this, as Overwasp and Gasgas, respectively. If it's not OK, just invite me (Overwasp). Thanks in advance.

There's absolutely no problem with having a family member/friend be in the guild. If it's an in-game friend, just let us know in-game and we can handle it then.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Brackhar posted:

Well, I tried poking at this again last night, and was sad to find that my 2-handed warrior build no longer exists since they repurposed the soul. Yeah, I can still do 2h dps with Paragon, but it just won't be the same. :(

You can use a 2-handed warrior build with all souls except the tank ones. I currently use a 2h for pure riftblade (because I'm lovely and refuse to learn another spec).

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

marhom posted:

I really hope people show up like that next week so we can do more T2. We're so close on eggtenders, just need a tiny bit more dps across the board to account for fuckups.

Or, you know, for the servers to actually work so we don't have to fight to get finishers off. I didn't get a single int or burst finish off with burst synergy last night. On top of that, I managed to die to a) cleave from behind the target when I was at least 5m behind everyone else and b) to phantom circles when my range indicator says I'm out of range of his god drat slam. I was really mad at video games last night.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Onmi posted:

So I decided to play around with a few more test builds while trying to maintain my focus as a Paladin.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8gy/3k8i2/9kyEl4H9k8w
This is a Paladin 41/Warlord 11/Paragon 24 And the idea behind the build is very simple (if tempered by my inability to know a good ability when I see it) the Warlord levels mean I can weild Two-Handed weapons and still block for some of the Paladins abilities, the Riftblade stuff gives us a charging attack, a way to self-heal while doing damage, and some crit abilities.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8gFaiG9a/5/9kyEl4H9k8w
On the otherhand, dumping the Paragon stuff and going Paladin 41/Warlord 35/Beastmaster 0 (In Liue of Tempest) puts more into the Warlords Tree and gets its nice defensive abilities and status pulls. Again though I don't understand if I'm looking at a good skill or not so it's probably incredibly bad. Beastmaster is just there to summon a body I can throw at something.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8gy/7gFiF0/9kyEl4H9k8w
This is the Warlord 11/Champion 24/Paladin 41 build which I think I had planned differently before? The idea is to revel in the Champions AoE attacks to build up aggro and keep the monsters focused on me. Which given the parties tennancy to attack and pull the enemies long before I've had a chance to establish any threat, is probably a good thing.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#8hha/5/9kGGiGFlaBh0
This is the Pure Paladin build in essence. Paladin 61/Warlord 15/Beast Master 0. Same reason for Beastmaster as before with Champion contributing a charge move, an interrupt and the ability to block shieldless.

So, any potential help on these would be appreciated. For the record I go by Onmi in game as well.

Stay away from Paladin for leveling. It offers very few good benefits and just slows you down. When you have enough cash for a second spec, then feel free to make a pure tanking build but for leveling you want a mixed Warlord/Champion build of which can be found here:
http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...-7-changes.html

Mind you, this is just a suggestion so don't be offended, but Paladin is utterly terrible to hybrid into a damage spec/a leveling one. Good luck.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

What is the easiest way to get a poo poo ton of artifacts? The old spot with the disguised abyssals that I knew about seems to have gotten nerfed.

I don't play anymore, but this is where I used to get a lot of Scarlet Reach artifacts:

A lot of them are on the high platforms, so you'll have to do some jumping to get to them. Then walk across the chains and you'll find even more. There was about 15-30 artifacts every time I went by there.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Daerc posted:

Haven't had the second tank most of the time, not that it really matters that much when we've been having a hell of a time on Kyzan/Kaliban in the first place.

O.O

I feel really bad for leaving now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I mean, granted, if RIFT didn't require everybody in a raid to know 8 different specs and be able to memorize a 20 button button rotation for each and every one of them, it wouldn't be an issue period. That's part of the reason I left, every patch changes an entire rotation for every spec, and you're forced to re-memorize 80-120 button presses and it's simply too much to handle. That and the fact that you need to grind for hours on end just to get a single item for a single spec just for set bonuses is absolutely stupid.

Rift has great QoL features and they listen to their community. What it doesn't do well, is create a captivating game play where you actually want to keep playing.

• Locked thread