Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Kettlepip posted:

I really liked this game a lot at launch, but quit shortly after realising that combat was essentially bashing macros and never went back. I'm not saying macros are a bad thing (they aren't); but copy / pasting the optimal list from the forum and then throwing ten abilities into a macro for your 'basic' attack just seemed pretty daft. Did this ever change?

You know you don't actually have to just macro all your abilities together, right?

Just looking at Inquisitors (which are apparently one of the easier specs), you've got 5 rotational abilities. I used less on my destro lock in WoW.

e: To actually answer your question, no, and it probably won't ever change unless they make macros unable to work as priority lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Invert posted:

What's the fastest way to level these days? Questing seems pretty drat slow.

General consensus seems to be instant adventures, at least until SL content. PVP is also decent.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I think you actually need 5 Pyro for instant Fireballs until something like level 35?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Scro posted:

Does this game have a class that lets you run around really fast? Kinda like the Skald from DAOC and the Bard from EQ.

The best "run around really fast" spec is probably Marksmen, since their combo point builder and finisher give you a pretty big runspeed buff, and they have another short-cooldown runspeed buff.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I have a question that will greatly affect which class I play in the long term

Is this set available in-game?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Here is a thing for wolpertinger: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmnsovxp0LkbvVxomM

After that: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmnsovgp0xkbofvVxomM

I'd probably either head for Pain Transmission or get more Cab things after that.

Or inq/def: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmrsfV0Vgdvxp0Lkb

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 30, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

lovely MM macros for Karx

Spam
#show Empowered Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Empowered Shot
cast Swift Shot
cast Break Free

Finishers (Bull's Eye only buffs the first hit of Rapid Fire AFAIK so you might want to use it on Deadeye but I'm probably wrong!)
#show Deadeye Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Bull's Eye
cast Deadeye Shot
cast Rapid Fire Shot
cast Hasted Shot
cast Break Free

Spammy AoE
#show Lightning Fury
suppressmacrofailures
cast Lightning Fury
cast Fan Out

Disclaimer: If these don't help you win at PVP then it's your fault for copying lovely wrong macros

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

They're not in my main builder what

But yeah thanks for correcting me, I try not to give misinformation, just threw something together since he asked

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Concurred posted:

Is there a go to spec for PVPing as a rogue in the lower brackets? Around 35-40. I haven't played in forever but I really hated PVE grinding on my rogue back when I played because Warfronts were more fun. I think I used some NB/Sin spec last time I played, I couldn't tell which spec was which when I started playing again and none of them seemed super familiar.

A go to spec that isn't MM or Ranger based, I mean...

I was running around with something like this at that level: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMwMhvlcocGzRztoGozvxa0k (shift a point from like Ruthlessness or something to Blinding Powder if you want/need)

Spam
#show Savage Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Backstab
cast Savage Strike
cast Twilight Force

Finisher
#show Final Blow
suppressmacrofailures
cast Final Blow
cast Flame Thrust

Thread
#show Thread of Death
suppressmacrofailures
cast Thread of Death
cast Jagged Strike (or whatever stealth attack you prefer)

It deals decent damage and if you rush 12 NB you can piss people off with permastealth + 20m sap. It's a little squishy though.

The main reason for going into Nightblade is for Twilight Force since Assassin is extremely kiteable without a snare.

Otherwise, try a Tactician or Bard spec, they don't do a lot of damage but do some decent trickle healing and are pretty hideously hard to kill.

Also I typically open with Jagged Strike and put up Impale ASAP, although this may or may not be the right way to play Assassin and you should experiment with different stealth openers!

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 3, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Pigeonfish:

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMtMTmvlcocGpMutRgozvVcMz

Dump points 50-60 into assassin.

Buffs:
Planebound Resilience
Lethal Poison (replace with Malicious Poison at 53)
Leeching Poison
Curative Engine

Macros

Spam
#show Savage Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Shadow Assault
cast Backstab
cast Savage Strike
cast Break Free

Thread of Death (use this for burst, Jagged Strike hits like a truck and you get 3 CP)
#show Thread of Death
suppressmacrofailues
cast Thread of Death
cast Jagged Strike

You might want to make one of these macros for Paralyzing Strike too if you need some extra CC.

Separate Keys:
Impale
Savage Blow
Serpent Strike (you can macro it into your spam but you'll kill much more quickly if you leave it out and learn to use it when it procs)
Enduring Brew
Poison Malice
Slip Away
Hidden Veil

You can pretty much take any at-level (maybe +1) mob 1v1, including elites. This spec has no AoE, but kills decently quickly anyway and will basically never die unless you have like 4 things beating on you (and then you pop Slip Away). Open from stealth with Expose Weakness -> Jagged Strike (obviously don't wait for EW to come off cooldown if it's not already up). Don't ever use Assassinate it sucks. Also remember you have Incapacitate to keep pulls clean!

You should probably take the CC talents (Foul Play, Blinding Powder) first, then Magnify Pain, then Debilitating Poison as your last point because it's kind of worthless when leveling.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Trip report on deep's boxes on PTS (2 orange, 3 purple, 1 blue, also my character on PTS is level 50):

Plus 7 Deep's Lockbox keys. So yeah I think I'll just skip them until they start putting unique mounts and poo poo in them.

Also it seems like you get loyalty equal to double the amount of Credits you purchase, as well as double the amount you spend. I bought 3250 and spent 3248, putting me at 12996/30000 through green tier.

The daily/weekly patron gifts gave me 2 white artifacts, a lockbox key, and an Orb of Loyalty which grants 50 loyalty points.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 9, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Daerc posted:

I think there's some 1 credit items in the dimensions tab if you want to spend those last 2 credits.

Thanks! All set for the 12th then!

...If I can hit 60 before then. :(

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Machineelves:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#yky58yh2/Bv2/wkn55250

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

:siren:Rydee:siren:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p/nGa4h2Ex8/U8iF9g8

Buffs: Armor of Awakening, Rage Blight, Spiritual Protection

Spam
#show Bolt of Judgment
suppressmacrofailures
cast Marrow Harvest
cast Sanction Heretic
cast Bolt of Judgment

Depravity (only use when Unified Theory procs)
#show Bolt of Depravity
suppressmacrofailures
cast Fanaticism
cast Depravity

Separate keys:
Feedback (hit it whenever your Husk is about to fall off or your beacon needs healing)
Vex (use to pull or something idk)
Harsh Discipline/Judicial Privilege/Foul Growth/Loathsome Restoration/Hideous Reconstruction (if for some reason you're taking a lot of damage, these are heals, but you should never take damage)

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 9, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Rydee: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#n/U8iF9g8/E8iFk1592

Dump points into cabalist. Drop Beacon, pull poo poo with Siphon Vitality (this counts as a heal and procs Husk), Tyranny of Death -> Bound Fate -> Disintegrate -> Tyranny -> Bound Fate etc.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Farts posted:

Thansk, got it, started screwing around with it last night.
Killing a lot more things now and getting my feet wet with SL.

PS I'm retarded and the Depravity macro won't actually work.

#show Bolt of Depravity
suppressmacrofailures
cast Fanaticism
cast Bolt of Depravity

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

The codes don't expire till the end of June so I'd at least give it a shot. It'll save you at least ~15 bucks for the SL souls plus whatever 3 character slots and 2 bag slots are worth.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

If you get stuck in the queue, quit the game and log back in. The server times out but it'll maintain your place in the queue. I shot from 202 with an hour and 50 minutes left to 48 with 22 minutes left.

Hopefully late-night queues will be shorter/non-existent. :I

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

:siren:If you are stuck in the queue, quit the game, log back in, and it'll refresh your position.:siren:

This has worked twice for me, so if this gets you kicked, I'm not liable. :colbert:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

This is seriously the best set in the game and if you don't drop 850 credits on it you are terrible.

(Warlord's Leather Bundle, also the current/rank 80 rogue pvp set but buying it is easier and the wardrobe version is bind-on-account.)

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I was hoping someone could recommend a good PvP build for a mage? I was doing the summoner preset before, but it doesn't do anything at all for damage against players, or I am just missing something entirely.

<- not a mage

As far as I know you want to go either pyro or dominator. Pyro does absolutely insane burst damage, Dominator does hilarious burst AoE (so it's great for Scion and really warfronts in general) and completely fucks over healers (you have like 2 silences and at least three ways to drain mana in addition to all the other annoying poo poo they get).

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Quinquereme posted:

Wait, which loyalty reward one? If you're talking about the warhorse you get at 30,000 loyalty doesn't that require a few months of sub?

Or like $40 of credits, so yeah. Either way it's one more mount for your collection and useful for newbies/people who can't afford to drop a bunch of money on credits/patron.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Madcosby posted:

Leveling is really slow at 50+. What's this talk of ghunts? When do they happen, and how do I get onboard? I don't know the world map very well or how to tell the difference between rifts and such.

You can buy great hunt lures in Tempest Bay, they're basically massive raid rifts with several waves of trash and an endboss. High-level groups run between raid tears (yellow tears on your map) and open them, and usually lower-leveled groups follow them and tag the trash waves for experience. They can only be done in Ashora, Steppes of Infinity, and Dendrome, I believe.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Alkanos posted:

Is there any way to get to the Storm Legion areas as a low level character? I have two crafting alts I want to take there, but when I try to use the portal in Iron Pine I get a message saying I don't meet the level requirements. Is there another way to get there or am I SOL on these characters?

You can be summoned to Tempest Bay, but the other zones are off-limits until level 45.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Orv posted:

So I never played a ton of Rift, but upon coming back to my level 10 mage, I seem to be dying in two or three, sometimes four hits from mobs only a level above me. I'm a Harbinger/Chloromancer, but I don't imagine that would make much difference. Anyone have any ideas on what's doing this, or is it just normal?

If you didn't immediately rush Lifegiving Veil + instant Bloom (8 points in Chloro) then you will probably die horribly, yes. Mages are squishy and harbs don't really get their survivability tools until higher in the tree (their ridiculous ranged 5 second stun, Conditioned Response, etc.)

Get LGV and Bloom, pull things with Withering Vine, and use your Eldritch Armor procs on Vile Spores and you will pretty much never die.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Jaffer

#show Healing Breath
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseoverui Healing Breath
cast Break Free (optional, some people like it separate)

Not sure where you'd put [alt][shift][ctrl] in there but that's like 10 seconds of tinkering.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Wahad:

(Nobody use these macros they are rear end)

#show Fanaticism (<- the macro's tooltip and icon will use Fanaticism's)
suppressmacrofailures (<- idk what this does but it's in every macro so do it)
cast Fanaticism (<- Fanaticism is off the global cooldown so it'll be used without disrupting the macro)
cast Sanction Heretic (<- on a cooldown, so it'll cast above Bolt and Vex as long as it is off cooldown)
cast Bolt of Judgment (<- cast-time spell on GCD)
cast Vex (<- instant spell on GCD; since it's instant and below a cast-time on-GCD spell, it'll only be cast if you're moving)

These won't work at all:

cast Scourge (<- instant on GCD)
cast Vex (<- instant on GCD)
Vex will never cast since Scourge is higher priority

cast Bolt of Judgment
cast Somatic Desecration
Somatic Desecration will never cast since Bolt is higher priority

So what you CAN macro is:
Off-GCD spells (typically long cooldowns like Carpet Bombing)
Cooldowns (as long as all cooldowns with higher priority are on cooldown, a cooldown spell will cast; IIRC all bombs are like this)
One on-GCD cast-time or instant spell (like Blast Charge)

So if you macro Spike Charge over Blast Charge, Blast will never be used.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

KaneTW posted:

Around 4k stones now.

Note that these are equivalent after the currency change, they didn't just randomly bump up the prices on everything.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

In case you weren't on for Volan vs Maintenance frenzy: :siren:New Black Garden and Karthan Ridge modes after the maintenance!:siren:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Thank god for the BG Domination nerf, every one I did yesterday timed out.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Don't know how long it'll last but that inq/shaman/icar spec is wrecking poo poo in SL, and it's a lot less annoying to play than druidicar.

The single-target leaves something to be desired but it's no worse than druidicar I guess.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 19, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Re: re: re: druidicar

It really works wonderfully as a lazy alternative to def/cab, even in SL.

This is what I have at 52: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#nd/DkF4kE8wF0/rt9gDG
At 60 I'll have: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#n8g/DkF4kE8wF0/rt9gDG

Buffs: Fury of the Fae, Spirit of Upheaval, Aid of the Forest, Trickster's Bluff, Armor of Devotion (at 52 with 2 points in Inquisitor), Righteous Mandate, Mien of Honor (at 22 Justicar which I'm pretty sure you'll have by 50).

Turn on all your druid buffs (the key being Spirit of Upheaval because it basically functions as a mini Soul Drain/Tyranny of Death on every AoE your pet does), put Righteous Mandate on your Greater Satyr Protector, pull poo poo with Vex, mash Even Justice. It's pretty much more unkillable than cab/def even, the pet heal plus Salvation do ridiculous healing, and if you're somehow in danger of death (you won't be) you have Strength of the Fae. Also its single target is not as lovely as cab/def (although it's still pretty mediocre).

Single target:
#show Combined Effort
suppressmacrofailures
cast Combined Effort
cast Sanction Heretic (only once you have 8 points in Inq)
cast Bolt of Radiance
cast Strike of Judgment
cast Vex

Maintain Vex (with a separate key), mash the macro. Keep Doctrine of Bliss keyed for absolute emergencies, hit Shield of Oak when pulling, use Grim Silence to pull casters into your pack, and you have Fae Step for teleporting fun.

It might be more DPS to take 6 more points in Justicar (in which you'd take 3/3 Dominance and 3/3 Just Cause) and use Hammer of Duty when you hit 7 Conviction, but it's a leveling spec and I don't care to math it out over Sanction Heretic.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 20, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

mr. nobody posted:

If I'm pulling just one mob, I debuff/dot the hell out of it on the way in. I cast Thorns of Ire to pull (if just one mob, pet will autoattack on this debuff, doesn't aggro the mob on it's own). This makes the mob take 1500 extra damage when I attack it, every 3s. Then I hit it with Crushing Force, a dot over 15 seconds (crushing force is also my ranged pull/aggro spell for multiple mobs). Then I hit it with Eruption of Life (debuff that makes it take more damage on the next 5 hits/15 seconds). Then I spam my single target macro until it dies. Refreshing the debuffs as needed (only needed on stuff that has a lot of hit points).

That's how Eruption works? I thought it was like a really lovely version of Dusk Strike. :downs:

I mostly just stopped at 44 for Spirit of Upheaval, then started dumping into Inq because Inq has Armor of Devotion, 10% SP, and 5% damage which are all pretty appealing.

I actually dropped down to 16 Justicar, Mien of Honor is nice for getting mobs onto my pet quickly but the healing bonus is negligible, and since I'm usually not getting hit the damage reduction/healing taken talents aren't of much value. And Doctrine of Loyalty is pretty useless for a solo build so. :v:

Just means more points in Inq, I guess! I think I can get Shroud of Agony now which is even more AoE damage.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

So Mages are getting a tank soul maybe possibly?

Mage tank, rogue/warrior healer, and cleric support have been confirmed. It's yet to be seen if the info at magelo is legitimate though.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Press the macro again.

You can't use more than one ability per GCD unless the abilities you're using are off the GCD, and all your bombs are on-GCD.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Bussamove posted:

Oh god, does this mean I don't have to look at a stupid Lightning Blade all day and can finally see my weapon when I'm not Harbinger? :woop:

This is terrible news.

Unless Lightning Blade is still 0pt and hasn't been changed at all then whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I honestly don't have a problem with queues on Hailol if it means being on cluster 1 again. v:v:v

• Locked thread