Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Kirtan posted:

Where'd you find this? Got links to more new store stuff?

Uh, you can see them in the store on the PTS. They have added a ton of new costume stuff, and combine that with having easy access to any armor in the game. That Salvarola helm is odd in that it's just a helm and shoulders instead of being a complete outfit.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

So in order to get people buying and testing out cash shop stuff, if you buy credits on the PTS, any credits that you spend will be given back at 150-200% when F2P goes live. They won't say how much it takes to get the 200%, but 150% is still pretty good.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

PTS Store test details:

quote:

Good morning Ascended!

We're now less than two weeks away from the release of RIFT 2.3: Empyreal Assault & Free-to-Play.

It's an exciting time in Telara and we need your help to make sure that the all-new RIFT Store is top notch and ready to go on June 12!

Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It:

First - this test is entirely optional, we welcome anyone to help but don't feel like you HAVE to use the store. You'll have plenty of time to check it out too - this test will run all the way to June 11, that's the day before Free-to-Play Launches.

Now, about the test!

At 5:00PM Pacific Time (12:00AM GMT) today, 5/31 we will be enabling purchases on the RIFT Store.

You will be able to purchase Credits and use those Credits to purchase any of the items available on the store. Any credits you SPEND will be reimbursed to your RIFT Store Wallet on June 12 with an additional 50-100% BONUS credits.

Credits that are not spent will remain in your Wallet & can be used on live after the release of RIFT Free-to-Play.

The Details:
To access the in-game store press the shopping cart button on the menu bar or press ']' (default)
The actual bonus amount will be at least 50% - up to 100% depending on the amount of Credits you spend.
This means you will be reimbursed 150-200% of your total Credits spent on June 12.
The items you purchase on PTS are not transferable - that's why we're giving you the Reimbursement + Bonus!
You must have a valid form of payment associated with your account. If you're currently a subscriber who uses a credit/debit card, PayPal or another offered payment service you're good to go!
PTS is being updated & will remain locked until we're ready to begin testing the RIFT Store
Currently, REX is not available for sale during this test

Thanks for your help - please feel free to post any questions or feedback below & learn more about RIFT Free-to-Play @ https://www.riftgame.com/free!

KNOWN ISSUES

- Players outside of the United States may be unable to purchase credits at this time.
- Featured Items cannot be purchased from the RIFT Store front page
- To add a payment method you will need to go to https://rift.trionworlds.com at this time.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Obscurity posted:

OH..what? There are multiple mounts you can get? FML :( I got the green titled one so I guess you're right.

Oh, you got the mount that is for peasants. I mean, I guess it's ok.

Also here is a video showing off the new loyalty dimensions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qANQtI7eZfg

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Kyrosiris posted:

FYI: In case you were thinking of buying new roles (beyond the sixth) for platinum instead of credits when 2.3 drops, uh... you should rethink that. Every role past the sixth is 900 platinum and that price may only go up.

You will get more roles with loyalty though. I believe the 2nd tier gives two role slots. But yeah, stuff that costs plat is going to be rough, that's pretty much the rule with f2p cash shops.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Evil Sagan posted:

This game is rad as hell, but drat if it doesn't get me right in the altitis. How in the hell do you settle on a Calling when each one is drat versatile and there's so much overlap in roles? :psyduck:

Find the thing you hate the most and pick the calling that can't do that. Otherwise, just by general playstyle.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ok so I have a code for the game+expansion+30 days that I will give to a goon who pm's me, in exchange for using my ascend-a-friend link (wanna get dat horse).

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 4, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Carteret posted:

what do you have to do to satisfy the requirements for the ascend-a-friend?

Just use my link when you create a new account. Outside of that it's all benefits, like being able to teleport to the coolest guy in Telara.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I have a feeling that the Deeps crates aren't quite itemized yet. Those crates are big moneymakers for f2p games and no doubt they will end up with unique mounts/pets/cosmetic gear in them.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:love: Trion

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Whoa f2p. I've been meaning to try this game for a while. Maybe I'll roll a healer so I can be popular. Do I get expansion content with f2p?

can someone help me do this? I'm downloading the lite version now.

Make a rift lite account, sign up for and download the raptr app. You can either run the raptr app in the background or play rift through steam (not sure if the lite version can?). If you leave Rift running, it will log you out for being afk but the app will still count time. Two overnights of doing that max, and you will qualify for the expansion+30 days reward.

And if you be a bro and use my link before applying the code to your account, I will get my flame horse and love you forever.

https://rift.trionworlds.com/accoun...n=ascend_invite

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

EU goons already have an awesome tank if they want to do raids on deepwood. It shouldn't be hard to get one going, but asking for NA goons to organize it for you isn't the right route. Also remember now you can get cross-shard groups for raiding, so it should be easier to fill in spots. I'd definitely show up for weekend afternoon raiding.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Krabkolash posted:

Instant adventure. It is seriously the best way to level if you're not a fan of questing. Alternatively, I think warfronts are still pretty speedy leveling too?

PVP is good experience, especially if you do at least the daily. IA's are great experience as well, yes do them.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The spots are pretty tight anyways. I think we will be back to all goon raids soon, and this will pay off because half of our peeps will have that progression experience.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

They've got patron reward stuff in the abilities menu on the PTS now. One nice thing is that your daily boosts (2 hours for 50% more rep, etc) stack up like daily expert bonuses, so if you play a couple days a week, you could activate multiple ones that day.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

There was someone actually complaining about that in the livestream. I guess the OCD spergs who must have every achievement will now be FORCED to buy a faction change and complete the other side's achievements as well.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Dimensions are extremely powerful, you can do lots of interesting things with them.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

30 people isn't that bad of a team. I'll take that over the rudderless ship that is Anet.

E: invites caught up to here.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 8, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Add Ons Info
There are lots of different add ons, but I will list the essential ones and those I like. Grabbed from http://www.curse.com/addons/rift

Kings Boss Mods is the best for Raiding/Dungeons and giving warnings for boss mechanics.

Rift Meter or Simple Meter are the most popular DPS/HPS tracking add ons. I use rift meter, but both do the job just fine.

Imhothar's Bags is a nice add on for bag management. I don't even use it for the combined bag window, but I love that hovering over items will tell me how many I have of them on all of my alts.

Gadgets Is basically a ton of different visual mods packed into one. FPS and distance trackers, alternate raid frames, currency bar, etc. Very nice to have.

Karuul Alert Is an add on that tracks buffs/debuffs. Used primarily by raiders when they have specs that rely on constantly have debuffs up. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are running a DPS spec that needs it.

And a ton more. There is one for using the AH, one for tracking carnage quests, pretty much anything you can think of. F2P hitting will probably bring with it another wave of new add on's as well.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hoom and Pandetta will be running all the hunt rifts for the cheev+exp in a couple hours (6:30pm est or so), feel free to join them!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Instead of the vague 150-200% reimbursement for spent credits, they've decided to just do 200% to everyone.

So if you buy credits on the PTS and spend them on items, when 2.3 hits your SPENT credits will be reimbursed 200%.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

I thought the cash shop wasn't gonna give gear so that it wouldn't turn into pay to win but some of those items out of those boxes are pretty nice

It won't give the highest raid gear, but you could buy enough gear to get you into the raids.

Shadowmorn posted:

So, hello again everyone. :haw: Question time, since im leveling a mage, Whats the AOE soul of choice for mages when doing Hunt Rifts/Greater Hunt Rifts? I've been that old harbringer/chloro/stormcaller build for it so far, but im wondering if deep stormcaller offers something better.

AOE DPS is SC and Dom. SC has pretty steady AOE while Dom has powerful spells with cd's that just murder poo poo. I'd say try dom first since it is more fun.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Tollymain posted:

Started out in this game as a warrior-dude who shoots people with lightning well his sabertooth jumps in the way of the enemy's weapons :v:

Is this game fairly optimization-heavy or can you just roll with any build?

Some builds are definitely better than others. 1-49 you will probably be doing a lot of IA's and PVP, where bad builds don't hurt you as much. Once you hit 50 and go to the storm legion areas, you will need a solid solo build.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Queue's are a great thing :) They'll sort it out. Great thing about rift is free weekly transfers, so you can always start out somewhere else if you are desperate to play and then transfer to goons when derpwood opens up.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It's kind of a double-edged sword. A queue signals that hey, the the game is getting a ton of people and you will have a lot of community. Fix that up in a day or two and everyone is happy, I don't think someone is going to get a queue on launch night and give up on the game. A queue 3 days after launch, yeah that signals that the dev team is unprepared.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Krakatoah posted:

I'm tempted to leave my max level (at the time) Warrior alone and try out another calling, mostly because I got a little tired of not having to manage resources and just hitting one macro all the time with Riftblade, I could try Mage for Chloromancer or Rogue with...pretty much everything! Any reccomendations?

I'd recommend rogue since a mage leveling build with harbinger is going to feel a lot like a warrior.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Krakatoah posted:

Not that I'm gonna get any of the Storm Legion souls any time before next week (I'll be surprised if I end up eating my own words) so hopefully I can do well without needing any of them depending on the calling I choose.

Solo questing as a mage without harbinger will be rough post-50. Of course, IA's and pvp are the best leveling 10-50 and no need for harb for that. Rogue SL soul is fun for those groups but not necessary, and I don't think it's used for leveling at all (I leveled 50-60 as my rogue with nightblade, and loved it).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

quote:

I want to make sure people have the best experience possible. I know some are not getting /any/ experience right now. But I need to remind folks that any new shards we open must go into another cluster. This means that they wont have cross shard dungeons/pvp/etc. It is not currently technically possible to fit more shards into the existing clusters as I understand it. We are considering raising our existing server population caps - however we do not want to introduce to many potential problems. ~Daglar

I have a feeling they will raise some pop caps tomorrow.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

w00tmonger posted:

From what I am reading online, storm caller isnt really a valid starting soul for mages right?

Eh, you could make a elementalist/stormcaller spec using the elementalist tanking pet. Full SC with 8 chloro could work, especially for IA's or maybe pvp, but it might be rough for solo questing. Anything will work up till level 10 or 20.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Al Baron posted:

So I got a Shard of Loyalty from the daily sub gift box (it's apparently not bounded.) Assuming it grants loyalty, does anyone know how much?

15 :toot:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

You will automatically be prompted to move with your guild. They may do the trial thing on NA servers too, it would be a way of reducing the problems for the max level people while keeping everything in the same clusters for cross-shard goodies. Server names are fairly meaningless in Rift, and I think we saw this evening the problems with just jacking up the population caps.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Spudd posted:

I have forgotten both my password and secret answer. How many levels of hosed am I?

Eh, give them a call. Trion's phone support is historically amazing. They are probably getting slammed at the moment though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Spudd posted:

That's kind of hard since I live in Australia, unless there's an Aussie number I can call and I didn't find it in my 5 minutes of searching...

Whoops, looks like they stopped the phone support when they opened up the live chat support.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

For EU icewatch peeps, when you log in it will say "your guild has moved to blah blah, do you want to move there too?" And choosing yes bypasses any lock on faction balance and transfers you.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The split to two clusters means that our population cap will basically double. The downside is that the shards moving over to the new cluster will no longer be part of our cross-shard queue's. Thankfully, looks like we are on the same one as faeblight.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Coach Sport posted:

Anyone have any tips for new F2P players? I played through the trial way back at release but didn't drop the money to subscribe. Now that its F2P I don't have to, so clearly you all are suckers. Am I missing anything significant by not paying, though?

They are working on the queue's with the changes happening now, don't worry about that.

Umm tips. Well, get in the guild, get the noob bags we made to give yourself some storage space. If you need cash for your first mount just let us know. Quest until you get to level 10 and the capital city for your faction, then at that point pvp and instant adventures will open up. You can level exclusively doing one of those three, or mix it up, up until 50. After 50 you can still pvp and IA, but questing is just as effective and you want to get the rep from the storylines. You can make level 10 easily with one of the premade templates they prompt you with, after that I would look into more specific builds for your class.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Oraculum Animi posted:

I'm watching the twitch.tv live stream and the three guys seem pretty chill and talking about tentative upcoming content (new emotes, dances, two new raids, slides, splitting clusters up, and a new warzone). They're also drinking alcohol on stream.

Yeah Trion has beer Fridays, they normally are. I like that paid expansions are not going to be a thing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

My rogue is going to dual wield wooden spoons while wearing a chef hat, it's going to be amazing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

necrotic posted:

I'm debating getting flowers for Abu, but using Harbinger in pretty much every spec negates whatever weapon I have equipped :(

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Notes from stream:

- Designer has ordered his class leads to add more hybrid options for souls, admitted that SL pushed 61 point builds to an extreme. Sounds like druid is getting a lot of attention.

- Zones/Raids will never be gated by $$, but there are new classes in the works that might.

- They know some people hate the new shop window. Daglar recommends scaling it down in UI like he did, but they are talking about a solution.

- Can't get back on steam until they are compatible with steam wallet, it will happen but may take a month or so.

- Hints that the lead designer hates the two faction pvp ruleset, I don't expect a change soon, but wouldn't be surprised if it changes down the road.

• Locked thread