Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I started a Chloroharb Mage this past weekend and have been having a blast with it, playing up to level 35 or so. Pyro in dungeons and even Chloro in dungeons has been a really fun experience too. One expansion in, and Rift is even better than it used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Vermain posted:

Admittedly, the macro system is just sort of bandaging over a significant problem (having 4 or 5 "junk" abilities that you need to press but which themselves do not do anything interesting), but it's an appreciated bandage. I have the manual dexterity of a boulder, so the fewer buttons I have to press, the happier I am.

Yeah, that's one of my few complaints - having a number of abilities that are all "Instant - deal XXX damage - cooldown 8 seconds" or something, with no other interesting effects.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kuai posted:

Is it still possible to do that Raptr deal for a free 30 day sub?

Yep, I created a new trial account and did the Raptr thing to get the game for free and 30 days for free, if that's what you mean.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Machai posted:

RIFT Lite restrictions include no talking in global channels (the default ones like Trade and Level 1-20) so idk maybe custom channels count as global?

I can confirm this, I couldn't join the goonsquad channel when my account was Lite.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Oraculum Animi posted:

So I did the raptr thing and I got the expansion but because I already had an account I did not get the 30 free days. I also transferred my mage, cleric, and rogue to Deepwood so when the game goes F2P I can play with fellow goons.

Is it possible to avoid the mage's new soul? I got a mage to be ranged and having a melee soul doesn't interest me. Especially if it's for healing.

There's like 9 different souls in the Mage calling, one of which is melee based. You can by all means play a ranged mage and be viable. From what I'm told, Pyro and Warlock are both great in raids.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I'm gonna see how this game has progressed over the last year or two - gonna log in as Mudflap - can I get an invite when someone gets on?

Thanks!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
On again tonight if anyone can send an invite to Mudflap por favor

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I'll be on tonight as Coolcorn, if anyone wants to invite me!

(Please invite me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

jabro posted:

Rift is the perfect game for you if you like boredom.

I installed it not long ago because I was bored. I ended up MORE bored than when I started.

• Locked thread