Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looking to get back on the RIFT train once it goes free. My account has an old mobile authenticator attached but it broke with some Android update (back when 4.0.4 or 4.1 or something came out) and then I stopped playing and basically I have no way to get the authenticator reinstalled.

What do I need to do to get the old authenticator removed and what information will I need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

You'll need to either call or go through their live chat, and you'll need the answers to your secret questions.
Cool, I have those, they work with the restore authenticator option but because my phone has changed since then it just says "wrong device". I'll call them, thanks. I can't find the support number anywhere though. I'm in the UK.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played since about 3-4 months after launch and I'm trying to get back into it. I have a level 26 Bard but all my points are reset and I don't remember hwo to play the character. How useful are these preset spec suggestions? Can I feasibly level as a healer/support character? I don't really like playing damage focused characters even if it means leveling a bit slower.

Thinking about just deleting this character and recreating it. How long does it take to get to 26 as a clueless newbie?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I forgot how pretty this game is. After reinstalling I turned everything up to max and walked out of Meridian and the sun was low in the sky and the lighting effects were was just beautiful.

Are the pre-defined Purposes worth following or am I better off just making up my own spec? I'm not fussed about being super optimal for leveling so I'm hoping it's viable to just invent my own thing. I want to make a kind of glass cannon mage with some healing so I was looking at something like Elementalist/Chloromancer/Archon.

Is there a good website with tips on how to make a build?

Tunga fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 23, 2013

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am the guy who always leveled as a Holy Priest in WoW even when everyone said I was dumb. I want to level as a Bard because shooting people with a guitar is loving awesome. What are the best souls to complement it? I'm not looking for things to add damage abilities because I am insane and will level with Bard abilities even if they aren't the greatest for damage. So more utility and such, maybe Riftwalker for the teleports? Something with Stealth?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Rifstalker 8 (Boosted Recovery) and Tact 4 (Curative Engine) if you don't want to worry about dying and just like hitting bard buttons. I spent several levels killing things as a bard with those two souls and even if it's a bit slower, pretty much nothing can kill you.

edit: Up until 33, when I stopped leveling my rogue, it was a bit faster + less button presses than ranger.

edit edit: If you don't care about that and want extra buttons, 16 assassin nets you a permastealth, but I am pretty sure it doesn't mesh well with bard (who's attacks are mostly non-physical, and the only other rogue souls that have talents that specifically boost non-physical attacks are Tactician and Nightblade, IIRC.)
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

iuvian posted:

Whats the best way for a new player to start playing without installing the raptor spyware thing? There is a 7$ copy at amazon.
You can play for free until level 20 with a few limitations and then the game will be totally free as of 12th June. Just make an account on the website and it'll let you download the game.

Note that there are a few small permanent benefits for people who own the game prior to it going free: additional character slots, additional bag slots, and an additional soul ("talent tree") unlocked for each calling ("class"). See this page.

In terms of Razr you can install it for 1-2 days, leave the Rift client running (doesn't matter if you are logged in), get the free game, and the uninstall the dumb Razr thing and never use it again. That's what I did.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Datasmurf posted:

Just remember that when you disconnect due to AFKing for too long, it still counts for the Raptr thingy as long as you don't exit the game.
I've gained 96 hours since I started some time last week. Only 69 more, and I get a raptr pet. :P
You don't even have to log in, just running the EXE is enough, that's all Raptr is tracking.

• Locked thread