Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

viewtyjoe posted:

If you're trying to gear people up, farm night shouldn't be an option. Getting gear for everyone is everyone's responsibility. If you can't come for legitimate reasons (I know at least two people tonight had excuses), then yeah, it's understandable. The moment no one has to show up for farm stuff is the moment you basically have cut yourself off from any new blood. It sucks to run stuff you don't need (you still get marks and stones, so that's some consolation), but if you want to have the ability to get current progression, you need to have more than one raid's worth of people able to zone in.

A lot of people get the entitled "well, I didn't have people carrying me" reaction to that, but part of being in a successful guild that isn't super hardcore is having a constant stream of people getting geared up from stuff you have on farm. "I don't want to run that," isn't a valid excuse, and anyone using it should be adequately punished. Don't try and skip farm night because you don't need anything and show up for progression content, that's being an rear end in a top hat to other people and you know it.

And I wouldn't call tonight's stuff "bumbling" You had three new people who, by and large, died where you'd expect new raiders to die (mechanics that hit hard and don't have much reaction time or cues). The bumbling was largely from people who should know better. We lost a tank to dumb mechanics on Crucia, we lost a decent number of people who should know better to lasers. Putting that on the new people is scapegoating.

Honestly, I'd suggest increasing the penalties for missing farm night without a valid excuse. If people are skipping because they don't need anything from FT/EE, affecting their ability to get drops in PBB/IG is really the best way to get them to realize they need to show up without straight up saying "you can't come on progression unless you showed up for farm night," which would mean you never do any T2 content aside from GA given the current size of the guild.

Fake Edit: Okay, misread a bit of what you posted, vandee. Still, the fact that you can easily have half the raid missing/shuffled into different roles because of three or four people is an issue, and until you have people fighting for spots in current progression, there's really no excuse not to be getting newer people geared up as hard as possible. I want to hear more people excited for all the stuff new goons are getting in farm raids.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not blaming or "scapegoating" the new people, I was merely stating that we have the ability to clear all of T1 and do a little T2 in one night, which was illustrated last week, even with taking new people for the easier stuff and getting them gear. The problem is because we are constantly missing people on Wednesdays, or people deciding to take it easy on mechanics, so I was saying that maybe something should change either schedule wise or structure wise. I don't know what the heck you're talking about with the rest of that with loot or whatever.

Also yes I've gotten a little (or extremely) bitter over time, maybe I'm just getting tired of raiding or Rift in general :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Chat broke again so everything is silenced until they fix it tomorrow maybe hopefully. I made it so everyone can edit the Guild MOTD so feel free to use that to communicate with each other.

/gsetmotd is the command

vandiar fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 13, 2014

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
New raid rifts were stealth put in with the early hotfix. Only did the fire one (Hell's Insurgents, spawns on Dendrome raid tears) and managed to clear it with a full pug raid. Phases 1-5 are pretty standard tank and spank with with either spreading out or stacking on the boss/killing adds. Last phase is running around to different safespots. Half the raid seemed to die on every phase and still cleared it fine. Nothing difficult at all. Dropped two upgradable lessers which are BIS. First upgrade is 2 Coruscating Etheral Shards, 2nd upgrade is a Radiant Infinity Cell :lol:

There's a 2nd new raid rift called Bloodfire Incursion which is spawnable in Infinity Stepps. Apparently that one drops AP/SP lessers while Hell's Insurgents drops CP focused lessers.

HAPPY FARMING!

edit oops fixed image

vandiar fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 19, 2014

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Frocious posted:

So what's the story with these BiS craftable capes? All I can seem to find are the names of them (Barbaric Legendary Shadowed Courtly Cape is probably the one I would be after), but is there any brief write-up anywhere about how to actually gather the mats and get one made?

You first need to buy the Torvan reputation cape (rep needs to be maxed out). Then find a crafter to make you the legendary cape for your class that matches the role of the Torvan cape you bought (Tank or nontank). You can then combine the two, along with some ESM cells, into the super fantastic new cape. The upgraded cape inherets the augment used for the crafted one.

The crafted capes take an assload of mats, typically pushing 8-10k plat worth if you were to buy every single thing off the AH.

The best way to reduce the mat costs of the cape is to make sure to max out your weekly ESM cap (16k I believe), and to farm as many Infinity Stones as possible. Look up the mats needed for whichever cape you need and start bothering goons/whoever for their daily craft cooldowns to also save some plat.

Glancing at the mats for the Shadowed Courtly Cape, you'll be needing 30 Coruscating Ethereal Shards (1500 ESM or ~100p each), and 15 Infinity Cauldrons (7500 IS or ~300p each). The other mats aren't too expensive, but you do need a lot of them. Keep in mind you also need around 2.5k plat or so to buy the vendor crafting reagents.

GOOD LUCK.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 25, 2014

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

hahaha that bug has been in the game since near release. There has been varying ways to activate it (prince hylas/chronicles/etc.), and i'm sure that has been going on for a looong time. We figured out one pretty consistent way of activating it and had a little fun, but by that time most of us had burned out and were quitting anyways.

also hi zoness I hope things are well.

• Locked thread