Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Unless it's changed, you have to be promoted once to be able to access guild bank withdrawal functionality so just ask in guild chat until someone promotes you, if you can't withdraw from the first two tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

You'll need to either call or go through their live chat, and you'll need the answers to your secret questions.

Confirming this, and adding that it is painless they are very nice and friendly and it takes only a few minutes.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Billy Pilgrim posted:

I purchased the Ashes of History upgrade yesterday but I haven't seen any sign of the personal banker, faction tabard or spindrel mount ingame. I assume they come in the mail? Is there some kind of weekend delay I should account for or should I be getting in touch with customer support?

It should have been almost immediate. I suggest live chat customer support, they'll fix it for you. I assume the purchase shows up in your billing history for your account, verify that first off just in case there was some error there with internets.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Do you get a code or does your account auto-upgrade? If it's a code, is it transferrable?

I have rift and storm legion, but if I could get a code to give to somebody I'd do the raptr thing.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Suck it, you 99%ers :colbert:

oh god I have no life apparently

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Solarflare posted:

Some of my friends are looking to get into Rift because of the f2p change. Just so I have it straight, all they have to do is download Raptr and Rift, and run the game to get the Rift/SL/30 days code?

You download raptr, sign up for it which is an easy process really. Then you verify your email address, then you download the desktop app, then you run the raptr desktop app (and optionally link it with your steam account so things are more automatic). Then run rift and once ingame go back to your desktop and open up the raptr dashboard (in windows 7 it minimizes to the hidden icons/notifications area of the taskbar) and make sure it's listing you as currently playing rift.

Play for however many hours it takes to reach the 'rift level' in raptr required to qualify for the free game/expansion/30 days playtime on a new account (upgrading a trial account using raptr code counts as a new account).

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Beach Party posted:

Not to rain on your parade, but if you use a justicar build for the sole purpose of leveling your doing it very very wrong. The most you should probably ever go in justicar for leveling is 16 in order to get your AoE strike but even thats kind of excessive. Your better off going full defiler, full inquisitor, or full shaman which are all better options than justicar.

I can understand why people dont like pets, unfortunately if your not using a druid pet for leveling your really gimping yourself in terms of killing speed and survivabilty when leveling a cleric. With the druid build that i used to level with i had a macro for single target, a macro for aoe, a macro for ranged, and i bound vex to my Q button for easy pulling.

Seconding a druidicar build for cleric levelling (my experience with it was 50+); your tank pet ae taunts, and you can give yourself a buff that makes your pet AE on every hit it lands. Tank pet is easymode/AE, you'll never die unless you aren't paying attention at all.

For IA/rifts you can use a group-healing pet, or an AE caster pet or for single mobs a single target dps pet. It's very versatile and all you have to do to manage the pet is have 'pet attack' and 'pet passive' abilities on hotkeys somewhere so you can force it to back off of everything when needed, or force it to attack a specific thing. Otherwise, left to do it's own thing your pet attacks what you attack or what attacks you and doesn't take much management.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Posting for Vandee, I am Bufus ingame.

I can now invite people if needed yay :)

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Drythe posted:

Made an alt called Dranithor, need an invite.

Got ya.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

I had a post here with a build that I thought I used, but it turns out I modified my own build so I'll make another post later for a cleric druidicar build.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 26, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Well since it isn't free to play yet, they are still on the subscription model. So it would make sense that you would need to enter the details, just read the pages carefully and make sure it's not charging until after 30 days (cancel before then, so you don't get charged 30 days of whatever it becomes after June 12th).

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Asking one last time, maybe someone can answer?

IA's really are a blast to level with. You just enter and run around with a mob killing poo poo and not worrying about anything.

I was on at 3am server time last night and ~15 people were online. Server time is PST.

There is the ability to join cross-server queues and instances, so if you join the channels that advertise raids/cross server stuff there's almost always a lot going on. Far as I know though there is not any sort of EU timezone raiding happening in <Goonsquad> <Everything is Fine>

Rift is one of the best MMOs for making it easy to play with other people and things to do with those people.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 26, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Krabkolash posted:

I didn't think of that. drat.

You might still get the side benefit of being able to summon that person to you every however long the cooldown is (30 min?), quite handy if both of you play a lot.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Has anyone been able to get the Raptr app to count non-steam rift hours? I bought Rift on steam back when it came out, but storm legion and everything else has been the solo client. I don't even have any rift steam files installed, but it's on the list so Raptr sees it and that's the only rift it will see. If i try to manually install a game and point it to the base directory, it says "got it!" and then just shows Rift (Steam) and doesn't track any time.

I really don't want to install through steam and lose all my mods just to game the ascend a friend system.

This worked for me, but it was a while back:

Install it from steam, cancel the installation after like 10 seconds, enough time for steam to create the directory structure and put rift in your games list.

Copy (copy! in case of mistakes) the rift directory structure from where it is now, to the directory made in steamapps folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rift )

But don't ever have steam check file integrity because it will revert all the gamefiles back to whatever version steam patcher is at, then rift will re-patch over that (unless they fixed that since I last did it on accident a year ago or something like that).

Steam just points to the patch executable in that folder.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

guild invites should be caught up to this post

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

:siren: Rift is free to play through June 3rd for anyone that owns it already :siren:

edit: invites caught up, up to here

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 1, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

fyallm posted:

So I have the original game.. Do I have to buy any expansion pack in order to play the free weekend that is going on now or can I install and start playing?

The way I read it, just have to own rift (i.e. be a former subscriber?)

Install it, do the raptr thing ( http://raptr.com/game/Rift/rewards/rift-storm-legion ), play 9 hours and get expansion code (but not 30 days playtime I think) for free

edit: maybe if you log into your account on their website it would tell you, not sure there either

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 1, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

You'll have it all replaced with quest/drop gear by level 54-55. I ignored set bonuses and just replaced each piece of gear as I got upgrades.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Asehujiko posted:

I started playing again with the free weekend, is there any UI setting that could possibly reduce the eye strain I get from playing this game for more then 15 minutes at a time? I had that problem too when I last played but it's gotten a lot worse now.

Try turning off fullscreen effects (bloom specifically), that gives me a headache when everything is slightly/massively GLOWING.

If that doesn't help, try zooming the camera back from your character for a wider field of view.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Official Rift twitter just tweeted that Free to Play is launching early for anyone that owns the game, so if you ever purchased the game at any price, congratulations, you can play right now. :toot:

:toot:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Whoa f2p. I've been meaning to try this game for a while. Maybe I'll roll a healer so I can be popular. Do I get expansion content with f2p?

can someone help me do this? I'm downloading the lite version now.

nevermind, saw you will be doing the raptr thing and getting your own code

If anybody needs a code for rift/expansion/30 days gametime (new accounts only!) and cannot do the raptr thing before june 12th, please PM me and I have a spare code you can use. Again, new accounts/trial players only.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

StumblyWumbly posted:

Do I need to change specs or gear or macros or actually learn how to play?

Macros are helpful if used right, have a few specs that you can use for different situations especially if you plan on raiding, better gear will come naturally I would focus on the few gear 'humps' you have to get over like the +hit requirement for dungeons/raiding.

Learning how to play will enhance all of the above.

Pretending your post was serious, which it probably wasn't.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

mr. nazi posted:

If anybody needs a code for rift/expansion/30 days gametime (new accounts only!) and cannot do the raptr thing before june 12th, please PM me and I have a spare code you can use. Again, new accounts/trial players only.

This is still available.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Dimensions are extremely powerful, you can do lots of interesting things with them.

holy poo poo

edit: for the record, I don't make ingame swastikas with bags/cloth in case anyone was thinking that
edit2: guild invites caught up through this post

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 8, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Come get your poop bags

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Slabs posted:

Any absolute must-have addons? They weren't even in the game last time I played.

If you're going to raid, "king boss mods" is a must have.

For healing/click-castable raid frames, I like "click box healer".

For finding missed carnage quests in a zone "carnage book"

"gadgets" you might find multiple uses for, I use it for putting two boxes on my screen that show me active short-term buffs/debuffs; one box for self buffs, and another that shows me target buffs (i.e. for tracking warden heals on a player) or debuffs that I've cast if it's a mob I have targeted.

I'm sure there are lots of other good ones, those are just the 4 that I find myself always using/needing.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Tomahawk posted:

I don't have PMs but I would like to start playing Rift and would appreciate this. My email is [removed]

Carteret posted:

sorry pal, another goon got it.

Tomahawk I got you covered, watch for an email titled GOON SURPRISE (not goatse)

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 8, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Greggy posted:

No, you can't do each other's quests. Once you get to 10 you can do Instant Adventures and dungeons together, but normal PVE quests are still separate.

This is correct, until level 50+. The expansion zones/quest hubs NPCs are friendly to everybody, as is the main city in the expansion (Tempest Bay).

edit: if he really wants to be guardian and you really want to be defiant, and you both want to level by questing together, you could both roll the same side to start and then pay once free to play goes live to change your race once you hit 50.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 12, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Quinquereme posted:

Can I get an invite on Saraid please :)

What's the guild policy for alts? Just one or two or add them all?

Add all the alts you want

edit: I have been subscribed since release, and have an active sub out until april 2014, and I have ~3500 credits on my account.

I realize you get patron benefits for the remaining sub time, but the actual number of credits for alllllll that sub time is pretty small. Bit disappointed there.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 12, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

drat queues, let me play! Too many patrons I guess, even that queue is 15 min.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Bonapartisan posted:

Yeah I have a feeling it will. I suppose right now its just a buttload of people trying it out again or for the first time since its f2p.

If your first experience with a game you haven't played or haven't played in a while is a screen that says "sorry wait 2 hours thanks", it's a negative first experience. Even if it means so many people are playing that they have to stagger logins, that's not how I feel staring at a queue screen.

edit: it's not 2 hours for me, and I'm gonna just take the night off and make some cookies and watch a movie instead, there's just that side of it that maybe isn't being thought about

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 13, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Confirming dis. 15 isn't very much! (but you get it daily if you login/claim it)

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

This weekend could be horrendous :(

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

guild invites caught up to this post\

Only person that failed was JortStacks, character must not have been made yet.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

That seems like some kind of bug, did/do you have the expansion already? All that the answer to the question would change is whether it is a bug in your favor or against you.

Also the guild name is <Everything is Fine>, so anticipate/accept invites from that guild not goonsquad.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Guild invites caught up, to here.

If you think you didn't get it, check your mail too. If you are offline when we invite you, it sends the invitation to your mailbox. :toot:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Mobs above your level have bonuses against you and you have penalties against them, at that low of a level maybe stick to easy stuff you can chew through. Exp will certainly be better. Once you hit 10 or 11 you can do instant adventures, using the '.' key ingame and exp will fly there especially if the raid doing it has lots of people.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Invites done through this post.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

In the ingame store it's a bit over 3000 credits (3100?); you can get storm legion from amazon for 20 bucks. So, whichever of those two options is cheapest (or other retail box/key deals).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Gorelab posted:

drat. I kinda wanted to catch up to my friends quest wise without getting over them in exp. Oh well.

There's no reason to wait for them or them to wait for you with the mentor system. You can mentor down and become anything between 1 and (your level minus five). If you're within that 5 level range, this is the game's way of telling you that it doesn't matter, go play with your friends and don't worry about the exp spread.

(edit: there is no penalty to them or you if you're higher level killing lower level stuff, this isn't other games)

• Locked thread