Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
I wish I'd checked the OP and seen the Raptr thing before today, as I just ordered a copy of Rift off Amazon :doh:

Oh well, it was only $7, and I should still get the expansion for free as well if I participate in the Raptr rewards thing, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

alfheimwanderer posted:

And raptr has now run out of keys!

It was especially nerve-wracking fun as the page would often vary between showing "3000 keys left" and showing the correct number as it dwindled steadily downward. :sigh:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

lsp posted:

Not sure if this means exactly what he is saying, my reward has been claimed so I dunno what the number actually is...
http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...tml#post4252213

Originally Posted by BrandGuru
"As others noted, keys have been restocked. We'll be working closely with Raptr to make sure they stay stocked between now and the June 12th launch. Storm Legion keys will only grant the free 30 days to new accounts and can no longer be stacked multiple times. Those that did stack keys have had the extra time removed (with the exception of a single +30 days), and stacking keys no longer works."

I just checked the page and it's still showing at 0, so I'm just hoping that they're in the process of getting the keys set up on Raptr's end. :ohdear:

E: Re-read it and I think I misunderstood the first sentence at first glance. I took "keys have been restocked" to mean "we sent Raptr some more keys today", when what it most likely means is "keys have been restocked in the past and we will be restocking them again before long". So basically just keep checking to see when they pop back up.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 20, 2013

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
Been playing the game for a week or so now, and since everyone was talking about mounts, I figured I'd chime in. One of the things I like about this game is that as long as you have enough cash, you can run right to the mounts vendor and get yourself one, even at a low level. None of this waiting until level 20 stuff. Even if you have alt-itis something fierce, as long as you have at least one main that is bringing in good cash via the auction house, you can make sure all your guys have some form of transport besides their own two feet. :v:

A lot of people have described this game as pretty much a nicer-looking version of WoW, and for the most part I find it to be exactly that, which might sound like a bit of a backhanded compliment but is really meant in the best possible light. A prettier version of WoW, with some of the more annoying features of WoW either tweaked or eliminated, and some of the better aspects of other games (such as the dyes and cosmetic wardrobe stuff in LotRO) incorporated. Hopefully the move to F2P will get it a bigger share of the MMO audience, because it's really a pretty darn good game. :)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Do I get expansion content with f2p?

You get the zones from Storm Legion, but not the extra "souls" used for skill builds that came with SL (those are gonna be in the cash shop I believe).

E: Regarding help with the Raptr app, basically just register at their site, download and install the app, add the game manually to it (it will scan for games, but it's wonky about actually tracking time in Rift unless you manually add it, I've found), and then you just need to rack up 12 hours to get the code for the free game and whatnot. Some people just sit at the login screen, but I actually played to get mine :colbert:

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 4, 2013

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Daerc posted:

I think there's some 1 credit items in the dimensions tab if you want to spend those last 2 credits.

I can confirm this, so if anyone's down to a few credits and can't find anything in the other tabs they can afford, go to the Dimensions items tab and there should be a bunch of 1 credit items you can get to make sure they're all spent before the 11th. :)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Hutzpah posted:

Just started playing as Benoit the cleric. Is it still possible for me to do that Raptr thing to get the game+expansion+30 days? And what is the advantage of it with the game going F2Play tomorrow?

I dunno if it's still possible, but the advantages are 6 character slots, 5 bag slots, and the Storm Legion expansion "souls" vs. 3 character slots, 2 bag slots, and having to buy the SL souls on the cash shop. If it's still available and you have time to knock it out, I say go for it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
So I log into the game when the patcher hits the "Playable" stage...and all the buildings in Sanctum are gone. All that I can see is land, sea, a bunch of other characters, and a mailbox. Which doesn't work.

No worries, they are doing a pretty big changeover and patch today after all, so it's just teething problems. I'll just let it finish patching. After it's done, I log back in, and everything looks good, all the buildings are back. So I figure now, I'll just check out the cash shop...where I discover I have 0 credits (I had checked earlier in the day on the webpage and saw I'd had around 6,680 or so).

OK, I'd seen the message about what to do if your credits are missing, no problem, I'll just contact customer service...and the game crashes out on me.

So then, I decide to go to Rift's website and verify just how many credits I had and maybe open a CS ticket through there...and the login webpage is unavailable due to "scheduled maintenance".

...yeah, I think I might just wait a little while before I try logging in again. :v:

• Locked thread