Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

With this going free to play and Hedonism graciously gifting me Storm Legion, I guess I'm jumping back in to this horrible mess. Apparently my rogue is still in the guild from the last time I un-quit, but I'll probably roll something Guardian side now that guilds aren't faction restricted because I loving love dwarves. And because Jesus Christ how do I play rogue again it's been nearly a goddamn year someone help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Shalhavet posted:

Hold onto that rogue!

Oh yeah, it's not going anywhere since it has all my cool titles and pets and poo poo on it. Maybe once F2P rolls around I'll race change it though, Eth are so boring and Bahmi got it goin' on.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Obscurity posted:

Does the game slow down in the 30s or is it just me? Also I mage healed with chloro and hated it. I will likely just come up with excuses not to heal as I go :/

Leveling slows down a bit but not really a whole lot, until you get to SL and the usual expansion level crawl hits.

Chloro healing pre-50 can also be incredibly painful since you're missing Void Life, which makes single-target healing so much easier than spamming Vile Spores. Once you get that it gets a lot better, so I'd suggest giving it another try then.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I would be all over an ID run in between my attempts to actually gear up to raid ready levels. I need more mounts I'll never use because I have a hell bug and a goddamn pirate hat.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mormon Star Wars posted:

edit:

Woops, it even says in the Synthesis tooltip that it only affects lbv and not lgv. Now I don't know which one to use, since lbv only heals 66-73 per cast time spell while lifegiving veil heals 257-284 per cast time spell. (Level 40)

Any of the players with theorycrafting know whether Synth makes up for that difference?

Going off the straight tooltips LBV will always have lower numbers than LGV, since LBV is so drastically modified by Synthesis and the incidental AoE healing it provides naturally is there to top off anyone else who gets splashed with incidental damage. Synthesis+LBV is intended to be the Chloro's single-target healing option, but at lower levels that can be a little wonky due to scaling issues. Try both out and watch numbers to see which one works better in your level range.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zoness posted:

I don't see why people see Archon as a bitch role when being a good Archon has a huge bearing on whether your raid kills a progression fight or not. The roles you don't double up on are more important not less important. If anything, being a good Archon is rather tough because you want to manage your charge for power draining and want to track when best to use flaring power in a raid situation while packing good utility.

Being a good Archon is something to be proud of.

It's because a lot of people see being an Archon or Bard as a sign that your DPS isn't good enough to actually be put into a DPS role, so they get it into their head that support roles are some kind of punishment. I agree that a good archon can make or break the fight, though. I might have to learn it because from the one time I did it last night I really enjoyed it, and that way I could be a special snowflake. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

necrotic posted:

Archon is amazing. It's easily my favorite spec to raid with. On the DPS note: bad archons only go 61 archon, but 51 archon/25 pyro is where it's really at; 50k Cinder Burst instant-cast crits whatup.

Yeah, I was running 58 Archon/18 Dom so I had Bulwark to ease myself into debuff management a little easier, but now that I've played around with it a little I think I'll switch to 51/25 for some more personal DPS. A couple more debuffs to toss up and a Pillaging Stone stack to manage seems easy enough to keep track of, especially since Lingering Dust doesn't need to be kept up religiously.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

So, I bought this game at launch and was thinking about playing again when f2p dropped. How exactly do I play a Harbringer since it does not show up in my soul list when I create a character?

Harbinger is unavailable without Storm Legion, or purchasing the soul off the cash shop after tomorrow. So unfortunately you can't play around without dropping some cash.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This cash shop is pretty loving cool. Used some of my free sub credits to get a 150% speed mount, then plunked down another 20 bucks and bought more bag slots then entirely too many Deeps Supply Boxes :v: I like that you can get the relic quality new runes out of there, I got the chest SP/Int one I'll carry along with unsocketers and a few others I'm trying to make some plat with on the AH.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Fruit Chewy posted:

I'm not actually in the guild because my previous MMO-friend-group thing insisted on having our own, but are there any artificers/outfitters around here with the good 60 recipes? I'm looking to get the Luminous Rings/Necklace/Staff crafted as well as the epic Belt/Helm. It'd be awesome if you could throw me a tell or something at Demonguard@Deepwood if you can help me out.

I have the Luminous Madrosa Staff recipe, hit me up at Magicbuss and I can see about getting one made for you.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

deimos posted:

Oh god, gonna have to re-learn fights.

Son of a bitch. It was nice being able to finish Boneforge with pubbies while it lasted.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

deimos posted:

Look at this pyro noob.

Also:

:ohdear:

Seriously, how did I miss this poo poo? I read patch notes and everything, but apparently not very well. Gonna spend like 10 minutes later tonight making macros for all my dom/pyro/archon poo poo then live the high life. :getin:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dick Something posted:

Hi friends. If I make a Defiant character and my friend makes a Guardian character, when can we start punching monsters together?

Quests out in the world are still faction-based, but you can always do dungeons or IAs together which are faster anyway. Or if it's the races that you want, buy a faction transfer.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

gently caress yeah let's do this. Gonna mage it up so hard.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Patch Notes posted:

* Lightning Charge: A new ability that imbues your weapon with electrical energy. Damaging attacks have a 5% chance to deal additional Air damage. Lasts 1h. This is a 0 point root ability. Does not stack with Harbinger weapon buffs.

Oh god, does this mean I don't have to look at a stupid Lightning Blade all day and can finally see my weapon when I'm not Harbinger? :woop:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

deimos posted:

DO NOT TRANSFER US

We'll lose any FT and EE instance until next Wednesday.

If that's the case, at the very least let's wait until after Monday so we can get some attempts in on Twins or Progenitor or whatever we decide to try. Last night gave me the raiding bug again, I want to die horribly to some bosses while Mandulis yells at all of us for being terrible.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

necrotic posted:

Unfortunately most people don't seem to use it. We use it for raids, at least (which is happening tonight at 6 server!)

Still bummed we flushed our FT lockout even if we couldn't kill Twins, but so looking forward to yet another death-oriented raid.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

deimos posted:

Sorry I hosed up so many Twins pulls guys. But at least we did it!

You had one job Mandulis. One job.

Seriously though, three bosses that most of the raid (including me!) hadn't seen before is really good, especially with no loot getting sharded because no one needed it. Also the super-happy-fun attempt at Crucia bodes well, I'll have to spec into Archon/Dom for Arresting Presence on that to make it a bit easier.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

necrotic posted:

Run this. You want the mana drain 3rd phase (first one where you actually fight Crucia). And then, of course, the AP for the turrets.

Yeah, that's what I was going to use. All the utility I need for those fights, and it'll make the trash between the first FT boss whose name I forget and Zaviel less of a pain to boot.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Cleric endgame DPS right now is adequate. You won't be topping the charts, but you can do enough to fill the role. It's also worth noting that Clerics are next on the list after the final mage changes and will probably get some nice boosts/reworks.

I've never played cleric in endgame and don't even particularly like how the class functions from what I have, but I would really like to see them get some love in the DPS category. Playing a paladin in Cata made me sympathetic to any class that should be able to DPS well but can't.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Heads up to Vandee/whoever is leading the raid tomorrow, I might be a bit late due to work. I should be on by about 6:15, but if you need to fill my spot before then I won't cry about it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

necrotic posted:

So we're going to kill all of the farm bosses tonight, yeah? Right? One shots all the way home.

One shot all the farm bosses, two shot Crucia. :unsmigghh:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kreczor posted:

Good attempts on Crucia last night, we got to see phase 3 despite my horrible network. We'll down her for sure on monday.

Nice job guys! Sorry I had to bail right after Twins, but my brother got pulled into emergency surgery and asked me to go take care of his animals right before they put him under. I should be back on Monday (but possibly a little late again) for EE farm bosses or Crucia or whatever we end up doing.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

bakka bakka posted:

I just got to 400 hit (I guess 420 is what I actually need?) on my mage. I've been doing experts entirely as a 61 Archon/11 Pyro/4 Harb and 61/ Arch/11 dom/4 Pyro, what should I learn if I want to get in on these Goon raids?

You need to learn to get off Archon that is my turf*. :argh:

Joking aside, the popular DPS builds right now are 61 Pyro and 61 Warlock, other than that a Chloromancer role is nice to have in case you need to heal. Eltoasto made a really nice effortpost of builds on page 4 of this thread that has the details.

*Or Abu's I guess but he's been really nice and let me do it a lot.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Throwing it out in the thread so more people than just Vandee know, my attendance is going to be pretty spotty for the next few weeks while I help my brother out with his business and stuff around the house while he recovers from surgery. I'll try to make it if I can, but tomorrow is definitely a no go and I can't give definites for anything else.

Clearly you all can kill Crucia and I can ride your coattails to gear. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

deimos posted:

Yeah around 30ish defiler hits it's stride, before that it's kinda unnecessary.

The only amazing SL soul for leveling before that (starting around lvl 5) is Tactician (rogue) it just makes everything much easier with curative engine.

Harbinger is a very good soul but I am not sure how long it takes to synergize with chloro to make leveling/grinding impressively fast.

Eight points in Chloro is when it becomes absolutely hilariously unkillable, but even before then having Bloom available to instant-cast on Eldritch Armor procs is nice.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

They really just made Harbinger too good with regards to early talents you can grab in other specs, and with Lightning Blade. Almost every single spec taking 5 points in Harb is really getting old.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Magus42 posted:

You could just send them all to my Rogue (Twyll) - I'm a artifact nut and love finishing collections - I'd be willing to pass on extras to other goons :D

Seriously, artifact trains are the best way to get rid of ones you don't want if you're not selling them. Just ask who wants a train dropped on them in gchat and if they're cool they'll take what they need and pass it on.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

:psyduck:

I don't understand the world anymore.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I eat baby skin posted:

Looking for a guild invite on Vjornnijlrynktharnl

Get the gently caress out.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I eat baby skin posted:

People bitched about my character names back when I started playing at release, but they still invited me. I would like to play with goons and transferred to Deepwood today, but I'm not changing my name, so much appreciated if someone that can type 19 chars wants to reinvite me on Vjornnijlrynktharnl.

I was kidding you don't have to get the gently caress out. :ssh:

You should have an invite in your mail.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kreczor posted:

Approach from the south end of the room. Tank turns boss towards the north end, everyone else should stack on the boss' butt. If you get pushed back immediately teleport back behind the boss or run back. This should happen 2-3 times before they start throwing lightening around. When this happens, run behind a pillar and away from the robots. If a robot catches you, use your pvp ability to break stun. You can also go behind any of the robots at any time and insta-kill them with the pop-up ability. That's pretty much it, if you don't use break free you will die to the stun from the adds.

With horrible pubbies it really is easier to go around stabbing bots yourself. Otherwise it's going to be a giant clusterfuck.

So in one sentence: Stab robits, don't blow up.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

necrotic posted:

Mage loot! I got Quill of the Aurora and someone else got Icon of Control. Then we downed Kain and Esthi got Reaper's Edge.

We will never see Mage loot again :(

Very nice! When I can raid again this means I get to scoop up all the loot, right?

Ignore the fact I'll be rock bottom of the list by that point.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Four more weeksish! Count the days until I have to configure a spec mid-pull again because Hedo won't stop pulling oh god why Hedo why I forgot I needed AP that week.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

There is a lot to do, so it will take some practice/karuul to get the most out of it. But even just loving around with no buffs or caring about rotation, I was putting up 11k on raid dummy.

http://valvalval.net/valvalval-61-necromancer-guide-2-3/

I threw this spec together last night and tried it out on the TB dummy, got 18k and poo poo my pants before I remembered it's within AoE distance of the other dummies. Went to our guild dummy and put out about 11k as well, with a lot more interesting rotation than Pyro. I like it.

You get a little gravemaker buddy when Parasite goes off. :3:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

necrotic posted:

We did the same thing :3: How were you doing 18k in TB but only 11k in Guild? I hit 12.3k without much issue and I was only doing 17.2k or so in TB.

I honestly have no idea. There were some random dudes hitting poo poo in TB, they might have been putting something up that was inflating my numbers even more.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zoness posted:

Just parse in dimension dummies or on PTS. Check your parse breakdown for Spotter's Order/Illuminate/Coda of Jeopardy/Thorns of Ire (although armor debuffs won't show up on it as effectively).

Yeah I hopped off to the dimension dummy after I noticed the AoE thing, which is where I got the much more reasonable 11k considering my gear level.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

mr. nobody posted:

If they will freak out when asked not to "pop in and chat" in the raiding mumble channel, in the middle of a raid which requires timing, coordination and communication in mumble, please invite them because :laffo:

Even better if they stay in there and remind everyone that hey, if anyone drops I'm ready to go. Just saying. Hey did anyone drop? Okay well let me know because I can come in if someone drops.

I call that move "the Unionizer".

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

KaneTW posted:

Doesn't WoW have a colorblind mode? I wish Rift had that (I never played WoW so I don't know how effective it is there)

Then again, Gamebryo. It'll probably kill itself the moment it's asked to do something more complicated.

So far as I can remember colorblind mode in WoW just added some icons to loot rarity and some other small quality of life changes, I don't think it did anything to circles or whatever that might pop up. It's been years since I turned it on out of curiosity when it was first implemented though so I could be wrong.

WoW did briefly have a really cool mod that would throw down super bright colored circles of your choice during AoEs, though. Of course it was immediately patched to be impossible to actually use because people were coloring literally everything bosses did that you might need to move for so it was deemed an exploit mod. I still think it was really useful for the whole colorblind thing, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kreczor got cleaved so hard he got suspended it for it.

• Locked thread