Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Reasonerr posted:

Came back to this game a few days ago out of curiosity and boredom.
The last time I played was about 1 and a half years ago, somewhere around Hammerknell just getting released.
I have to say, I'm absolutely amazed by the changes/additions. I hit level cap last time and then got bored/burned out before I managed to go on a raid with anyone. Now, even without the SL content (which so far is pretty awesome) they've added a TON of stuff to do and have changed things around ALOT (in only good ways).
Just the dimension system alone pretty much blew me away. And the goons in this game are just as awesome as I remember, many of the guys who were there back in the day came back/are still here now it seems (I was in the old Belmont Defiant guild). If you're on the fence, I'd say give it a shot and check it out, you'll probably be surprised how far this game has come.

The only crappy thing/complaint I have is that they destroyed my cleric spec (duracell) that used to be the awesomest "hit-the-i-win-button" thing I'd ever seen in an MMO.
Fortunately though there are still good specs for cleric I found out.
After wading through the horrible mess that is the official guide forums (really, it's disappointingly nigh-impossible to figure out wtf is going on if you're new/returning) I finally dug up this gem and made sense of it:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...oe-monster.html
http://www.rifthead.com/stc/0mosfVx0VMvltVgkfRfuVuRv922

In the small amount of time I've played it so far (50-51, mix of old and SL content, I have no gear worth talking about/nothing special) it is even better than the old duracell.
This one takes about 4 buttons, but you're pretty much as close to invulnerable as it gets.
If you're playing a higher-level cleric and dying or getting bored, give that a shot and see what you think, I'm having a blast!

Also just a side note, if you're leveling a new cleric, that build won't become viable until mid 30s to level 40, the 17 points in cabalist are the most crucial to the build, so if you're deciding where to put your points before level cap, don't skimp on cabalist, fill that one first.

Thanks for this, I'm looking to try it but I'm a bit confused by the guide.

His #1 macro -

quote:

#show Somatic Desecration
suppressmacrofailures
cast Marrow Harvest
cast Pain Transmission
cast Dark Water
cast Somatic Desecration
cast Bound Fate
cast Break Free
Only Marrow Harvest will cast because it's instant and no cooldown, am I missing something?

Also he says -

quote:

Beacon -> SV -> BoP -> CoD -> MH -> DW -> PT -> SD until its time to re-DoT
Looks like a hassle, but with macros it is quite simple
Beacon -> 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 4 -> 4 -> 4

but his abilities listed don't match up with the macro's he posted. Beacon -> SV -> BoP and he says it's Beacon -> 1 -> 2.. which would be Beacon -> Marrow Harvest and then tyranny of death?

Help :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
further down he explains his button choices -

quote:

Sorry about that. The key bindings are reflecting the button pushes of the line above them but I wasn't as clear as I should have been. For both examples above, the key binds are as follows:

1. Siphon Vitality (single spell)
2. Bond of Pain (single spell)
3. Curse of Discord (single spell)
4. Macro #1 (ST Spam)

S1. Curse of Solitude (single spell)
S2. Macro #2 (Tyranny of Death spreader)

Danith
May 20, 2006

mr. nazi posted:

If you're going to raid, "king boss mods" is a must have.

For healing/click-castable raid frames, I like "click box healer".

For finding missed carnage quests in a zone "carnage book"

"gadgets" you might find multiple uses for, I use it for putting two boxes on my screen that show me active short-term buffs/debuffs; one box for self buffs, and another that shows me target buffs (i.e. for tracking warden heals on a player) or debuffs that I've cast if it's a mob I have targeted.

I'm sure there are lots of other good ones, those are just the 4 that I find myself always using/needing.

If you have a lot of mounts and/or pets, MountMe is great. It randomly summons one when you click the button so you can ride a different mount every time!

Danith
May 20, 2006
Can I get some invites on my alts -

Dannith
Daenith

Danith
May 20, 2006

Devor posted:

Anyone have the link for the Cleric druid build that can live really well while dpsing?

Edit: think I found it

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...titive-dps.html

That's the only build that lets me play while not paying full attention really, kinda like the Duracell Cleric build that I miss. I wish they would redo the combat animations for a lot of the swings though, they just look really off to me. The attack that annoys me the most is swinging a 2h'er with 1 hand then throwing it to the other hand over and over again (while spamming your attack button).

Danith
May 20, 2006
My pretty princess warrior.

Alternate costume

:3:

Danith
May 20, 2006
Anyone have any experience with Trions account support? I moved and changed ISP's so lost access to the email that was tied to my account and now I can't log in. Sent them an email Saturday morning and still haven't gotten a response

Danith
May 20, 2006
I got this in my mail, good till the 15th

quote:

To redeem your 4th Anniversary Loot, simply enter the following codes at RIFTgame.com/redeem:

J3PN-NXKR-GRKQ-WYHN-2RNK
Legacy of the Delve (Dwarven Smithy Goggles)

RMJR-3EKZ-JZKD-LXGE-YQZG
Cleric’s Consolation (Title: “The Devotee”)

T6NG-NP9N-HPPY-3CYJ-RM7E
Hoot to Thrill (Hootie Companion Owl)

Happy Fourth!
The RIFT Team

Danith
May 20, 2006
Ironically, I bought the WoW expansion and subbed for a month but it drove me to try RIFT again :v:

Been playing RIFT for the past 2-3 weeks and having fun just running around doing quests. Would be nice if someone could promote Danith, Raalirah, and Saanat in <Goon Squad> so I can steal all the money from the bank so I can turn in and get guild quests and invite people, that would be awesome

Danith
May 20, 2006

Machai posted:

Could we still go back and do legacy stuff for free? I could maybe see setting a raid to 50 and doing vanilla raid progression for fun

All the content except the upcoming expansion is free. Now, you do have to pay extra (in-game currency or $) to unlock things like ear ring slots or plane of water attunement to equip some gear (I think) but currently, all areas are free to level up, quest in, whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
I logged in and checked the mail and have 9 people asking for invites to the guild. Based on the contents I'm assuming they are random pubbies but if you actually wanted in, lemme know.

• Locked thread