Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BaconBeast
Aug 18, 2006
I'll take the hundy pounder and fries, thanks.

Elendil004 posted:

Requests
elendil004-I would like a book about the Falklands War, in black hawk down style, so I can get perspectives from both sides. If there isn’t a book like that, then something comprehensive. I wanna read about the events surrounding it, but I don’t want to have to read a dozen books if I can help it.
Christoff- would like a book about why we hate the communists so much. He said a book that explains “Just why we're supposed to hate it so much as Americans”

I recommend Sink the Belgrano - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sink-Belgrano-Mike-Rossiter/dp/0552155454
I found it a great read, and it was made up heavily of interviews of people involved in both sides of the conflict. The narrative focuses on the Conquerer's journey from refit as the war started to the sinking of the Belgrano and after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread