Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Christoff posted:

Thanks for the recommendations guys! Highly recommend the kindle paperwhite if you're in the Military

Does the paperwhite have a backlit screen? That's my only complaint about mine. I've got the basic, ad-supported one from the last generation, and I love it. It's like $69 on amazon now, and there's no excuse not to get it if you read a lot. Between amazon prime book lending, libraries, and :filez: you can build up a years worth of reading overnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I was catching up with the thread and saw the talk about The Last Ship. Turns out the kindle version will be available next month on Amazon for $7.99. I guess it's because of the tv miniseries coming out soon.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Just finished The Martian by Andy Weir.

Holy poo poo, read this book now. An astronaut get left for dead on Mars in the near future and has to survive until NASA can rescue him.

Apparently the audiobook was extremely well done. The book is written in audio-log entries, so it translates really well to a reading of it.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

I think we missed the perfect caption for your av:

quote:

Thank you for playing “should or should we not, follow the advice of the galactically stupid?”

• Locked thread